Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Down sleeping bag.
  • skink2020

Only ever owned synthetic filled bags. A four season Agungilak and a 2 season mountain hardwear have done me proud for some time, but a new 4 season bag is needed.
    Any suggestions will be recieved with warm thanks.
    Alpkit Skyehigh seems good but sold out at the shop.
    Thanks in advance.

honourablegeorge

Spent the weekend very confortably in a North Face Blue Kazoo, can’t fault it. Even got quite wet Saturday night but hung it up in the van and it was dry as a bone for Sunday.

steezysix
    Free Member

How warm do you need it? I’ve a -15C Mountain Hardwear down bag that’s not seeing much use if you’re interested?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gribs

I’ve got a couple of Mountain Equipment bags that I’m very happy with that were bought from their occasional sales in Hyde at a big discount over retail. If I had to pay full price then I couldn’t look past Alpkit stuff.

quarryman77
    Free Member

Alpkit skyhigh 1000 does exatcly what it says on the tin. Keeps you warm at 6000m. Tested 🙂

Worth waiting for stock – fabkit should be their name.

marsdenman
    Free Member
    Tiger6791

What Gribs said

sweaman2
    Free Member

4 – season – How cold does it actually need to go?
    Cost – What’s your budget roughly.

As above the key manufacturers that always seem to be mentioned are:
    Alpkit
    PHD
    Mountain Equipment
    RAB

I personally like PHD.

xcracer1
    Free Member

Remember about weight as well if you intend to carry it. Lighter the weight, tighter / smaller the bag.

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Alpkit have the PD 800 in stock. Rated to -17. I have the PD600 and it has been excellent.

hazzeryoda
    Free Member

I absolutely love my Vango Venom 300. Only rated 0-20 (but have used it lower than that and have been fine and can always used a liner etc etc).

It packs down to bugger all, weighs 800g with the sack and cost me £70!!!

If I needed a bag rated for sub zero conditions then I will fork out more money but this is perfect for bike touring etc.

H

charliedontsurf

Western mountaineering

Damned good, extra wide for my extra large athletic self. Excellent. Only downside is the price. But I spend so much time outdoors and I will use this hundreds of times.

Ultralight outdoors is a good web-shop for such things.

Ultralightoutdoors

mikewsmith
    Free Member

There was an article I read on UK climbing a while ago about shipping of Down. Some ends up packed in compression sacks for far too long in transit. Weather that is a massive factor or not make sure you store it properly when you get it either in a big bag or loose. I ended up with a 3 season ME bag that was good enough for the odd night on a glacier (-15-25) but not more than 1 night at a time. On the other hand the missus has a monster 4/5 season bag that when I have borrowed in the UK I can’t even do up it’s so damm hot!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Down sleeping bag.’ is closed to new replies.