It's all about taking charge of your own life or lifestyle.
We become part of the rat race when we demand more than what we can handle. In a way we demand the way of lifestyle we perceive to be the best like wanting this, want that, want more money etc ... imagine if you let go of all the wants then life would be more manageable.
1. Sell off anything you have double of then use the money for rainy days.
2. Buy things that will last or things that you can repair yourself.
3. Start using renewable energy whatever you can. Solar, Wind, Wood burning stove etc.
4. Reuse or recycle whatever you can. You will be surprised how much can be reused.
5. Look into your expenses to see where the bulk gone so focus on those first to minimize outflow.
6. Learn to cook properly.
7. Buy second/used goods but only if you know they are working.
8. Don't get caught up with fashion trend or trendy stuff.
9. Grown your own food.
10. Reduce holiday trips or half it.
Once you have taken care of the above then perhaps you can slowly consider the next step ... change job, career etc.