Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Down loading Sony POV video to Mac (Yosemite)
  • gribble
    Free Member

Hi,

I have recently bought a Sony Action Camera.

I have tried downloading video onto the Mac, same as I used to do with a camera previously. This seems to open up to play in IPhoto, but then I do not know where the video goes to. Can’t seem to see it in the autosplit events.

I believe I need to import into IPhoto, then into IMovie to edit and save?

Any help much appreciated, first time doing this sort of thing (which is probably very obvious by the numpty question)…

cbike
    Free Member

In theory Iphoto stores it in with all its video stuff and takes care of all the conversion stuff for you. Then you access that folder from within imovie.

In reality I have found that AVCHD type stuff needs to go through Handbrake or Streamclip first to convert to an editable format that you can then import. Apple intermediate codec or something like that. These files also edit smoother and then you can export to whatever you like when done.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

In Finder, you should be able to view the camera as an external drive and copy files straight from the camera into a folder on your computer (just quit iPhoto/Movie if it opens automatically). Then, as cbike says, use something like MPEGStreamclip to convert to .mov or similar, dependign on your editing software.

euain

Have you tried importing from the camera into iMovie straight off? It’s worked for me for anything I’ve had before. No need to go through iPhoto on the way (though that shouldn’t break anything).

gribble
    Free Member

Hi,

Thanks for the advice. Been working away, but tried downloading direct to iMovie and it seems to have worked ok. Need to get some decent footage before editing anything, so will have another go at the weekend.

batfink
    Free Member

The iPhoto thing is annoying – but i think you can turn it off in the settings somewhere. just close iPhoto without importing, and use iMovie instead.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Down loading Sony POV video to Mac (Yosemite)’ is closed to new replies.