Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • down load a gpx to garmin off t net?
  • trevron73
    Free Member

never done it ,a bit thick and no patience ? should try is it difficult

jota180
    Free Member

Download the gpx to your PC and then move it to the Garmin

rob
    Free Member

Just pop the downloaded gpx file in the new files folder on your garmin

pt81
    Free Member

Hum that depends which garmin. The 205/305 dont except gpx files.

marmaduke
    Free Member

You could convert to tcx if your Garmin doesn’t take gpx. The tcx will overlay your map with a visual route whereas the gpx will give you turn-by-turn guidance. Pros and cons to both.

timmys

The 205/305 don’t except gpx files.

Mine does. You’re doing it wrong.

pt81
    Free Member

Be interested to know how. 😉 i’ve allways convertef my gpx files to tcx or crs with gpsies.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’ve recently bought an 810 and downloaded 3 .gpx files so far, easy to do, but I run them through Connect first then load to the 810.
    From what I’ve read on the Garmin forum it’s really easy to just link the device to your PC/MAC then move the file over to the New Files folder, but I’ve yet to do this.

trevron73
    Free Member

its not happening ? where do i find new files folder ,i have tried to manually up load ? help I’m a dummy 😳

timmys

Be interested to know how. i’ve allways convertef my gpx files to tcx or crs with gpsies.

I use a program called Load My Tracks on my mac but there will be tons of equivalents.

I wonder if you are getting your model numbers mixed up though, as according to this, the Edge 205/305 take gpx & tcx and not crs.

pt81
    Free Member

The (my?) edge 205 dont support gpx files , it reads and creates tcx ( course history) and crs ( older version of course history )

jota180
    Free Member

its not happening ? where do i find new files folder ,i have tried to manually up load ? help I’m a dummy

What model Garmin is it?

trevron73
    Free Member

My Garmin is a 510 and i am using a Mac book pro 2014

timmys

The (my?) edge 205 dont support gpx files , it reads and creates tcx ( course history) and crs ( older version of course history )

The link I include in my last post…
    http://developer.garmin.com/web-device/garmin-communicator-plugin/device-support-matrix/

…would suggest that Garmin disagree with you (as do I as I read/write gpx several time a week on my Edge 205)

jota180
    Free Member

My Garmin is a 510 and i am using a Mac book pro 2014

Can’t help with the Mac bit really

but ……..If you go into whatever the Mac version of Windows Explorer is – Finder?
    and look at the Garmin
    In there is another folder call ‘Garmin’ and in that folder is a folder called ‘New Files’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘down load a gpx to garmin off t net?’ is closed to new replies.