Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • down-hilling in the North East
  • Valleyboy
    Free Member

Hi All

Does anyone have any suggestions for “alternative” down hill routes in the North East of England.

A few of us go out on a Saturday or Sunday and have ridden the obvious trails, Hamsterley, Chopwell, Wooler and are looking for other places to go.

I’ve heard there are good trails in Thrunton but wouldn’t know where to find them, is there anything worth riding in Guisborough etc?

Prepared to travel about an hour and half anything longer and we just as well go to Inners.

All suggestions welcome

Cheers

Nick

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Carlton Bank

Valleyboy
    Free Member

Where is it, Billingham or Cumbria?

Cheers

tomlevell

Carlton – Near Stokesley, North Yorkshire.

Silton a little bit further south on the A19 near Thirsk.

No “downhill” in Guisborough if your running a DH bike. Some stuff that’s good for a giggle on a DH bike but tame in comparison to Inners for “downhill”.

kevj
    Free Member

There are some good routes in Waldridge, just outside of Chester Le Street although I have heard that DCC have ‘outlawed’ riding there. Don’t know how true this is though, I was passing through a few weeks back and there were a few groups around.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I might have meant Silton, Tom sounds like he has more idea than me. You wouldn’t be the Tom who posts on SingletrAction website for Silton/Guisboro would you?.

tomlevell

I was. Not anymore.

Both are DH tracks.
    Never ridden the new Silton but it’s supposed to be good. Not a massive elevation drop but it was always fun back in the day.

Carlton on the other hand has a massive elevation drop and is a big push if you go down to the bottom. Don’t go when it’s windy as it’s very exposed.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Kevj, whereabouts are the downhills in Waldridge?

kevj
    Free Member

There are a number of trails in the dene to the North of Waldridge and heading down to Chester me street. The main runs where built by locals and are quite good fun.
    A quick Google search reveals this video;
    vid

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Cheers kevj, that’s my old stomping ground, I recognise where those lads are. We used to have a long (ish) downhill route marked out in the woods, it took about a minute and a half flat out from start to finish and was great fun.

I always came last though 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘down-hilling in the North East’ is closed to new replies.