• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by beej.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Dover traffic delays
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I’m booked on the 12:00 to Dunkirk tomorrow and will be leaving portsmouth at 8, it’s a 3 hour drive with traffic so not much time to spare, anyone know how bad the delays are? google is just giving results on ferry delays but nothing on traffic getting into Dover port.

I can’t leave any earlier because my ferry gets to portsmouth at 8 and the earlier ones are all booked now!

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Assuming you clear the Portsmouth Ferry Port by 09.00 you should miss the worst of the M275/M27 rush hour traffic. I don’t know which route you have planned but the A27 or A259 are notorious for traffic hell

chrishc777
    Free Member

M25 is what google suggests, going coastal is a bad idea in my experience

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’m told the M3 northbound can be awful as well.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Basically I’m gonna have to navigate through a load of traffic whichever way… nice

leffeboy

Just took the Dover Calais ferry 3 hours ago and there were no traffic delays and no backed up lorries if that helps. It doesn’t help you for tomorrow morning but the backlog that we saw on Friday has gone

chrishc777
    Free Member

Cheers leffeboy, you’ve put my mind to rest!

Bear
    Free Member

Nothing at the moment, live right near the M20 / A20 and all normal tonight.

beej

If you plot a route on google maps, you can choose what time you want to start the trip and it’ll predict a best route/time based on historical data.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Dover traffic delays’ is closed to new replies.