• This topic has 46 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WTF.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Dougie Lampkin
  • svladcjelli
    Free Member

Bit of a PSA for those (probably mostly those of us of a certain age) who revere Dougie as a bit of a god, but later on today he’s attempting to wheelie around the Isle of Man TT course. And it’s live on the internetelly.

surfer
    Free Member

Linky???

scaredypants

meh, I’ve seen kids in town who could do that on a stolen mtb while smoking a faaayg and with a can of stella in hand

iomnigel
    Free Member

The Manx wind will not help the attempt. Blowing a right hoodie down in Onchan (near the grandstand).

zippykona

Has it been done before? I know Dave Taylor did it in the 70s with 2 touch downs I think, so that doesn’t really count.
    Is he using a motorised front wheel?
    I’m sure Doug Domokos would have been able to do it.

nedrapier

Dougie’s amazing, and it’ll be impressive if he makes it, but I can’t help feeling that doing it on stunt pegs isn’t quite “it”.

shifter
    Free Member

Remember that picture as if it was yesterday 🙁

Pigface
    Free Member

I think that is Arto Nyquist

zippykona

No definitely Douglas Domokos.
    Dave Taylor was Mr Wheelie until that famous Bike Magazine cover back in 79 I think it was.
    Smashing the rear light while mono wheeling a z13. I’ve never ridden a 13 but I’ve sat on lots,they are huge.
    My mind was and still is blown.

Pigface
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/WmIZd8C-oOA[/video]

shifter
    Free Member

Nyquist is right I think, although I thought it was Superbike magazine.

zippykona

We are worse than old blokes down the pub!
    Obviously I can’t vouch for the rider on my previous picture I just Google DD on a 13.

I can’t remember where my keys are nut I can nearly remember an issue of bike magazine 36 years ago!

Pigface
    Free Member

Domokos always wore the Scott plastic Mx boots as in the picture above. I think, sponsorship and all that.

My favourite cover of Bike was a kid on a Stevens 350 LC doing a burn out wearing a Bandit with a coon tail and a MA1 jacket, the story about those lads was incredible, left a lasting impression. The rev counter just buried in the red.

shifter
    Free Member

This is fun for a Saturday morning. I wouldn’t argue that bloke on the Bike cover is Doug Domokos but I still think the other pic is Nyquist. I can’t find internet evidence though 🙁
    I had every Superbike from the late seventies until the early thousands but they’re now all recycled, wish I’d kept them now!

geoffj

Impressive, but I’d imagine bloody boring to watch after the first mile.

WTF
    Free Member

Cancelled until Sunday.

Dickyboy

Bit windy?

njee20
    Free Member

Are they doing a rolling road closure or something? I imagine it’ll take quite a long time. As above, impressive, but dull to watch!

chestrockwell

Dougie was in the year above me at school and is married to a lass that was in my circle of friends. Remember him going over the bonnet of a parked car as my mate and I had laughed at his MBK. He was looking behind, giving us verbals than BLAM!

Cool story bro.

singlespeedstu

I remember seeing Doug Domokos at the dirtbike show in Bristol in 1979 on a KDX .
    If i’m not mistaken he wheelied a full lap of one of the US national supercross tracks a couple of years later.
    Whoops, jumps and everything. 😀
    Cheater with a motor to keep his front wheel spinning. 🙄

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Your’e better off watching Dougie Pumpkin (as my mate calls him) at the Scottish Six Days Trial. He won it this year again, just weeks after his dad Martin had died.
    Except…he’s so good at natural trials that he looks a bit boring. You see the decent club riders struggling on some sections then Dougie (& Dabill, Brown, Wigg etc) come along & ride like theyr’e on tarmac.

nedrapier

Still can’t get my head round 17 marks total for the whole 6 days…

shifter
    Free Member

Is the SSDT on the telly?

Muke
    Free Member

10 minute reminder 😉

singlespeedstu

All looks a bit blank at the moment…

Muke
    Free Member

up n running

simondbarnes

It’s not the most riveting television 🙂

singlespeedstu

Must be the middle of the night with a power cut on the IoM.

Matt_SS_xc

Bored already. I couldn’t do it but it’s not exactly gripping!!

Pook

Rob Warner can’t spell rat.

salad_dodger

Rob Warner can’t spell IQ.

ton

bored after a minute.

eemy
    Free Member

I am digging Conor Cummins new look. Tie me kangaroo down sport.

iolo
    Free Member

Just put this on. He doesn’t look happy.

iolo
    Free Member

He did it. And he looked like it bloody hurt.

bigdaddy

That was strangely addictive and awesome to watch! He was hurting at the end!

andytherocketeer

blimey

singlespeedstu

Couldn’t get the player to work.
    Was it just me?

andytherocketeer

player did drop out near the end. refresh worked for me just before governer’s.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Dougie Lampkin’ is closed to new replies.