Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Doughnuts
  • Freester

A kind colleague had just purchased a couple of packs of Doughnuts for sharing.

From Morrisons I opted to try one with a Strawberry Jam filling. Disappointing experience. That’s no Raspberry Doughtnut. The icing sugar coating was nice but I think I’ll be sticking to Raspberry or Custard ones from now on.

weeksy

awwwww poops… I’m on fasting day… last thing I need to read about are doughnuts !

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

dont try the fruit salad ones.. every bit as sickly as they sound. The apple ones arent too bad but I seem to find them a bit undercooked inside..maybe its just me

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jekkyl

Working in an office is the death of your waistband. It’s always someone’s birthday/leaving do/had a baby/got married/because it’s friday! My office is awash with cakes every week. I’ve just finished a sprinkle covered simpsons style doughnut because Amy has turned 25, lucky devil, Happy Birthday Amy *munch munch munch*

Rubber_Buccaneer

Custard

Yuk. Raspberry jam or a hole is the only way. Cold custard or chocolate gunge is just wrong.

slowoldman

It has to be raspberry jam or custard. It’s law. Or just plain sugar coated ring donuts. Those Krispy Kreme Krap things are an abomination.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I want a doughnut. 😥

DezB
    Free Member

Krispy Kremes have been supplied here today. I can only eat the plain ring ones, the rest are disgusting – especially the “chocolate”! Brown cardboard coated in sugar? ooh yum.

thenorthwind

Double chocolate doughnuts from Booths in Keswick are my go-to post ride/hike fuel whenever I’m in the Lakes. Chocolate filling AND chocolate dough. Genius.

Freester

Double chocolate doughnuts from Booths in Keswick are my go-to post ride/hike fuel whenever I’m in the Lakes. Chocolate filling AND chocolate dough. Genius.

They sound REALLY good but living on the South Coast the nearer Booths is a LONG way away 🙂

TerryWrist
    Free Member

Happy Birthday Amy *munch munch munch*

What kind of an office do you work in?

prettygreenparrot

Those Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnuts fresh off the machine are perfect.
    [video]https://youtu.be/0UV8E7vWxhU[/video]

_tom_
    Free Member

Vanilla custard for the win.

Pigface
    Free Member

After these in Denver last year everything else tastes miserable

Home Page

v8ninety

I love them all. They rest at the far end of the good for you:taste wonderful spectrum though…

project
    Free Member

tesco ones are better than morrisons, and every shop makes their own so shop around for a taste you like.

dknwhy

Forget doughnuts. Sainsbury’s fresh granola bars are amazing.

medoramas
    Free Member

What about yum yums? 8)

MoreCashThanDash

Yum Gums are a big disappointment.

Any doughnut is good for me. My old team had the “any excuse for a cake day” mentality and I’ve lost 1lb a month since moving teams.

Sainsburys granola slices are amazing. But not as amazing as their Belgian chocolate shortbread.

Cougar

Krispy Kreme doughnuts fresh from an actual KK outlet are a world apart from the ones you get in the little display cabinet in Tesco.

Mmmm, doughnuts.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mini ring donuts so fresh, they are too hot to pick up properly.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I’ll never forget one day in a nice cake shop in Glasgow, asked the Lady if the last cake was a custard cream or a meringue? She said you’re right its a custard !

mos

The amount that Krispy Kreme throw away because of their so called quality control is f*cking appalling.

froggy67
    Free Member

In my teenage years (much too long ago), my Saturday job was helping out at an old fashioned local family bakery. The downside was starting at 5:00 a.m. but the bonus was fresh doughnuts just as they were made. We were allowed to eat what we wanted, it sounded too good to be true when I first started but you soon realise even a teenager can’t make much of a dent in the number being made.

CountZero

In my humble opinion, the very finest doughnuts I’ve ever eaten are Sainsbury’s strawberry ones. There’s just something about the texture and taste, the outside is ever so slightly crunchy, they use a slightly coarser grade of sugar, not icing sugar, and they’re just moist enough. It’s a very dangerous thing to put a whole bag in front of me and turn your back… 😀

dudeofdoom

+1 Sainsburys granola slice Not bad

don’t mind the odd kk but tbh I tend to grab em for work an always get 2 boxes an end up eating way to many …..

got a thing for the Asda minions big time 🙂

weeksy

Saints granola are destroying my waistline! I could eat millions!

slowoldman

In my teenage years (much too long ago), my Saturday job was helping out at an old fashioned local family bakery. The downside was starting at 5:00 a.m. but the bonus was fresh doughnuts just as they were made

Back in my student days in Sheffield, Woolies down the road had a fresh doughnut machine popping them out all day long. Mmmmmmm.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Tim Hortons. Canadian and still the best. The fresh little ones from machines at he seaside next best. KK are awful. Not good.

chrisdw
    Free Member

It’s a very dangerous thing to put a whole bag in front of me and turn your back…

Haha, this sounds very familiar!

ninfan
    Free Member

See, I still think Morrisons ones are the best (well, of the ones available in supermarkets anyway) if you get them fresh, still slightly crispy on the outside, they are unbeatable. Plus the icing sugar makes them not overly sweet (Apple filling FTW)

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Doughnuts’ is closed to new replies.