Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Doug Stanhope on offensive comedy
  • Lifer
    Free Member

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/comment/guest-commentary/doug-stanhope-on-offensive-comedy-1.1083012

How does the audience fall under the illusion that they have some right to not be offended? Certainly you have the right to not be harmed; but offended? Imagine the number of subjects that might offend any single individual and multiply that by the number of people in any given audience. Subtract all those topics from any given comic’s set list and what do you get? Mime. That’s what you get and possibly what you deserve. I’ve been booed for wearing the jersey of an offending sports team and then won the audience back with rape jokes. Who can tell?

DezB
    Free Member

Crikey, haven’t got time to read all that! (Best read in Doug’s voice I think)

Can you pick me out a quote to use on the forum when someone is offended by bugger all please?

See the Brooker thing on aspirational TV the other night? Brilliant. One of the best I’ve seen from Charlie Brooker.

MrSparkle

‘rape jokes’? Really?

Lifer
    Free Member

Apparently so Mr Sparkle

DezB
    Free Member

Are you offended? 😆

Talk about missing the point!

sobriety
    Free Member

What’s worse than finding a worm in you apple?

Rape.

Lifer
    Free Member

And remember, 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang rape.

sobriety
    Free Member

Rape is never funny. Unless you’re raping a clown.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Oh Lord, you see this is how it starts; innocent enough, then someone makes an off the cuff remark like Lifer’s one up there and the next thing you know you’ve got world war three and several people with forum suspensions.

Lifer
    Free Member

Wish I’d saved this for tomorrow.

sobriety
    Free Member

Fortunatly my full repertoire of rape jokes has now been exhausted…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Doug Stanhope on offensive comedy’ is closed to new replies.