Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Doug Stanhope.
  • twoniner
    Free Member

Anyone here seen him live?

Looking at his website he did UK tours in 2011 and 2012. I’d quite like to go and see him if he comes back here.

BoardinBob

His managers Scottish so theres always a good chance of him touring here, particularly around the Edinburgh festival

ontor
    Free Member

Very funny man.

Houns

Aristocrats

That’s all I’m saying

😆

twoniner
    Free Member

The ‘Syria’ clip on youtube is good.

ratcatcher

Saw him at the Leicester square theatre good, but a bit chaotic did involve a huge amount of Jagermeister on stage he’s probably had better nights!

BoardinBob

Blort

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Just saw him on Screenwipe. Hilarious. Especially the bit about how he’d not brag if someone who couldn’t speak my own language could waltz in and take my job!

JCL
    Free Member

His rant on overpopulation is one of my favourite Youtube vids.

Gribs

His bit on 2013 wipe was my favourite bit “It’s funny how hate can make you do real nice things every now and then”.

jekkyl

and that’s why I drink!

jackthedog
    Free Member

Saw him a couple of years ago. Great show and the best heckler put downs I’ve ever seen. Well worth seeing if he’s in town.

nedrapier

I bought a couple of his shows on mp3 from Amazon for drive to France.

“Something to take the Edge off” is excellent.

His “I’m Doug Stanhope, and that’s why I drink” tagline makes me chuckle every time.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I saw him in New York in 2008. He was great, completely drunk but by all accounts performing drunk is his thing. I’m sure I read that unless he’s had a few his confidence on stage dwindles.

His anger, certainly back then, was very real and a fair few folk walked out as a result of the vitriolic ear bashing he gave them.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

One of the few people to remind me that comedy isn’t just about making people laugh, but about making them think differently. Or even changing their mind.

atlaz
    Free Member

I did like the bit he did on weekly wipe about the threat of lazy, thieving Romanian or Bulgarian immigrants stealing your job says more about your job and your ability to do it than anything else.

BoardinBob

I did like the bit he did on weekly wipe about the threat of lazy, thieving Romanian or Bulgarian immigrants stealing your job says more about your job and your ability to do it than anything else

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW20EMJr6o4[/video]

Kevevs
    Free Member

He’s great! quite a bit of his stuff on Netflix

BoardinBob

His podcast is superb too, though it’s too infrequent.

Bimbler
    Free Member

His Podcast is also worth a listen, pretty dark sometimes, none more so than Bisbee Cliffhanger Parts 1 & 2.

His Comedy Special, “Beer Hall Putsch” on Netflix is excellent too.

jekkyl

PSA it plz someone when/if you see he is touring again. I’d love to go see him live.

BoardinBob

His Podcast is also worth a listen, pretty dark sometimes, none more so than Bisbee Cliffhanger Parts 1 & 2.

Some of the best gallows humour ever in the 2nd part. In one of the in-between podcasts he briefly mentions the phonecall to let him know about Whiskey Girl, and his reply was “Go and stick a ‘For Rent’ sign in the garden” 😆

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Doug Stanhope.’ is closed to new replies.