• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Spin.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Double wrapping bar tape
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Current one wrap on my cross bike seems a bit thin after riding a new Spesh Diverge with some kind of insert, anyone double wrap and any tips?

cloudnine
    Free Member

Wap some Zip service course cx tape on top of it..

scaredypants

I quite like the gel stuff that you can put under the tape – spesh do it and presumably a few others too

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scotroutes

I was assuming the OP wanted to not have to remove what he already had fitted but only supplement it but Specialized and Fizik both do gel pads for under the tape. Definitely a bonus on longer rides.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Specialized and Fizik both do gel pads for under the tape. Definitely a bonus on longer rides.

Yep, Spesh pads under Lizard Skins DSP is the way forward! A full double drap feels too big to me.

damascus
    Free Member

I tried double wrapping tape but found it was a bit thick.

So I took the old tape and cut it into strips and placed it on the areas I place my hands most often and then secured it with electrical tape.

I then used new tape over the top. It works well for me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What damascus said, most of the benefit with less bulk. Cheap too, there’s enough tape on a roll usually to to the bars and an extra stripe down the tops.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Cheers everyone. I have quite big hands,so a double wrap may be okay. I can also see the spesh stuff being good, maybe a muscle memory thing to have the same set up on each bike. First world problems.

theotherjonv

I read that some of the Paris-Roubaix set-ups are double wrapped on the tops and up to the hoods but single wrapped on the drops. Two-tone!

edhornby

yes, double wrapping for the cobbled classics is usually only on the tops because that’s where your hands are for the cobbled secteurs

samej
    Free Member

I have mine double wrapped and with gel inserts on the drops. It’s chunky and that’s how I like it.

Spin
    Free Member

I’ve double wrapped for years on my crosser with bonty gel tape. Feels a bit bulky to start with but soon packs down.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Double wrapping bar tape’ is closed to new replies.