Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Double-sided pedals for CX/commuter
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Commuting is across Central London, CXing is around local bridleways.

I want something that doesn’t start creaking after a week. Any recommendations?

I’m currently using some low/mid-range Shimano xc pedals (no cage) but the cleats creak like hell and I really don’t trust them (I have pulled out several times, despite adjusting the tension accordingly).

trail_rat
    Free Member

Your either using multi release or very worn cleats.

Shimano xt touring here on my all round bike

DiscJockey
    Free Member

XT Touring (Shimano model T780).

They’re without equal in my opinion.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks but I want double-sided.

nairnster
    Free Member

Shimano pd m580. Cheap, good.

jimdubleyou

I have the Shimano A530 – the flat side is ok in trainers/soft shoes, but a bit slippy in ‘normal’ shoes.

dmck16
    Free Member

HT Components are bringing out a new double pedal, think it’s called the D1.

It might be a rather heavy duty option for what you plan to use them for though..

BadlyWiredDog

What do you mean by ‘double sided’? You mean just conventional SPD pedals with SPD jaws on either side or something else? Alpkit / Sonder has a pedal that’s SPD one side and flat with pins on the other. But even low-end Shimano should do the job – maybe try different cleats. Not the multi-entry ones.

wukfit
    Free Member

I’m also not sure what you mean by double sided
    I like the look of the funn mamba pedal for platform one side clip the other
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/funn-mamba-one-side-clip-mtb-pedals/rp-prod122715
    Although haven’t used them myself

drlex
    Free Member

I have the Shinano M324 ones and like jimdubleyou, find the flat side a bit dicey on occasions with leather-soled shoes. If the Shimano PD-T420 had been available and, I’d have probably gone for those.

trail_rat
    Free Member

So you want normal SPD pedals then

Shimano xt SPD’s then -can be had nice and cheap. Change your cleats

TheBrick
    Free Member

2nd changing your cleats. Make sure you buy single realise if you like a secure foot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Double-sided pedals for CX/commuter’ is closed to new replies.