Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Double-edged slight rant (CRC content)
  • kayak23

Smashed my rear mech into my wheel saturday on the most innocuous hillock known to man, simply getting on my bike and starting to pedal.

Decided to order a replacement from CRC on the way home in the car. The 3G signal was somewhat patchy through that part of Wales and so whilst ‘checking-out’ I had a couple of ‘failed to complete’ pages come up. I gave up in the end and waited until back into the industrial midlands. 3G was good and ordered the mech no problem.

Checking my email later I had two from CRC telling me thanks for my purchase! Oops….. Seemingly one of the first so-called failed attempts HAD actually gone through, and I was now the proud owner of two mechs…. Aaarrrggghhhh! Can’t afford that I thought so I’ll simply go on their site and cancel one of the the orders. Could this be done? well, not as far as I could see and I looked everywhere and Googled the issue too. Balls.

Never mind I thought, I’ll just wait until Monday morning at 9 O’clock when the lines open and cancel it then….

Only, this morning I wake at half six to find two further emails from CRC telling me my items have dispatched… Doh!

So, I’d like to complain about the lack of a ‘cancel my order’ button, and also I’d like to complain about how darned efficient CRC are…
    That is all
    🙂

akak
    Free Member

They are probably still in the building though, so I would still call and explain. Its a bit of an obvious mistake which they should have queried while picking.

lucien

It takes at least 3 days from the “despatched mail” for them to: –

-get the packing monkey fired up……and motivated
    – locate said items and see if they are in stock as they have no live system for this
    – construct unfeasibly large packing box
    – place items in box
    – put 2nd class postage on it
    – take to post office
    – sit back and earn interest on your hard earned while you wait another 4 days for the post office to deliver.

I’d suggest ringing them or mailing in them, but you get “customer service” monkeys instead…..

docrobster
    Free Member

I mistakenly ordered 2 of something on the same order from CRC once. There was no problem cancelling one but I did manage to phone them before it had been sent out.
    IME they’ve been really efficient recently. Ordered a frame and headset on bonfire night. Headset arrived Tuesday, frame wednesday. Put 2 separate orders through at about 11pm on Wednesday , both dispatched Thursday arrived Friday. Cool!

kayak23

IME they’ve been really efficient recently

Yes, I’ve never had anything but spot on service from CRC and as a result they now have my life savings.. 😕

I’ll try ringing them anyway…

joao3v16
    Free Member

Its a bit of an obvious mistake which they should have queried while picking.

You can’t realistically expect CRC to cross-check/2nd-guess all orders.

One occasion last year I was sent the same order twice, on the same day. £80 of stuff I could’ve put in the classifieds… but I’m not a thieving scumbag, and returned the duplicate & got a £5 voucher in return.

kayak23

I’ll try ringing them anyway…

Balls….Dispatched.
    Damn their efficiency..

MrTall
    Free Member

You can simply send one of them back though but you’ll have to stump up a little bit of postage.

chakaping
    Free Member

You should have a spare anyway, so they have done you a favour.

😉

kayak23

Yeah, all true, though I was trying to save having to fork out return postage, which HAS to be at least recorded right?
    Can’t afford spares…. 🙁

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Double-edged slight rant (CRC content)’ is closed to new replies.