Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Double Din DVD/Stereos – Chep Version Experiences
  • skybluestu
    Free Member

Hi, Looking for a double DIN stereo for my T5 with DAB/Reversing camera option/DVD/GPS/Dual zone and to get all the functions on the standard Pioneer/Kenwood/Alpine units im looking at £500+

There are many versions on amazon/ebay such as this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eonon-GE01-E1-Double-Din-Car-InDash-GPS-Radio-DVD-Player-7-ARM11-HD-Touch-Screen-/360979549270?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item540c0ecc56

Has anyone had any recomendations/experiences with the cheaper versions available?

Cheers

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Got a cheapish double din. Works fine, but radio reception is non existant. Think the vw head units have an amplified aerial so any new unit is going to suffer unless you get an external aerial amp. Mines so crap I use internet radio from my iPhone

tragically1969
    Free Member

General consensus on T4/T5 forum is they are OK, but nowhere near as good as one of the top brands

Personally i prefer a SatNav that can come out of the van and be updated easily with maps/firmware etc.

I have a Pioneer AVH4800BT (or some other code) in mine, nice unit, not DAB though but I am not a radio fan anyway.

If you dont want SatNav you should be able to find a Pioneer to fit what you want for less than £350

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Double Din DVD/Stereos – Chep Version Experiences’ is closed to new replies.