Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Double Chain Device – Stinger or Superstar + Kevlar Brake Pads????
  • jambon
    Free Member

I have a Blackspire Stinger on one bike – good but the roller is a bit strange.

Just wondered if the Superstar Conponents one was better / worse.

http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=336{10}548

Also, anyone used their Kevlar brake Pads? To be used on Avid Juicey and Elixirs.

J

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Been using their kevlar pads for nearly two years. Superb. Will be ordering more if these ones ever die! About 18 months and counting on one bike at the moment which is unheard of for any other pad I’ve tried!

lipseal
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the roller?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Kevlar pads are great. Last well and have good feel & power.

jambon
    Free Member

It’s Okay. Not quite perfectly round and a tad malformed laterally. And I don’t really think that a single bearing is as good as one on either side. Maybe the slightly soft compound plastic is a good thing??

Haven’t used a Superstar one so just wondering if they were better, especially as I’m about to buy some brake pads and can do it all in one order.

lipseal
    Free Member

I’d say the superstar ones are an exact copy, so the roller will proably be the same setup.

hilldodger
    Free Member

No experience of the chain device but use their kevlar pads in preference to the original Hope pads

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Double Chain Device – Stinger or Superstar + Kevlar Brake Pads????’ is closed to new replies.