Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Double air beds that are comfy and won't deflate?
  • grum
    Free Member

After some festival comfort this summer. 🙂

This one gets good reviews:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intex-Deluxe-Pillow-Raised-67736/dp/B002MQKYC4/ref=sr_1_14?s=camping-hiking&ie=UTF8&qid=1429101262&sr=1-14&keywords=double+airbed

Any reason not to or any others recommended? I’ve had some in the past that have ended up deflating with no obvious holes.

Thanks in advance.

brassneck

I have that one. It is maaa hoooo sive and I struggle to fit it in a ‘pod’ in the big tent.

It still deflates a bit (top up every couple of days) – but being so tall it isn’t such an issue. My top tip would be to find a 12v extension for your compressor so it isn’t such a PITA to refill.

Stopping the kids using it as a trampoline usually improves service life a touch 🙂

alaric

The only one I’ve had that’s lasted any significant time is a Coleman one – worth a look, even if they’re a bit more expensive.

Their cordless inflator is also excellent!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

We’ve been using a Coleman one for years – it has two separate sides to pump up which makes it a lot more comfortable. It’s been excellent. But heavy though. Definitely recommend one of those rechargeable pumps, both for pumping it up quickly and sucking it flat when you’re done with it.

EDIT: snap alaric. 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Coleman one is one of the ones that deflated! Loved it until then.

Seems to be quite a reviews saying similar. Maybe they are all a bit pot luck.

grum
    Free Member

20% off camping stuff over £50 if bought from Amazon direct at the mo BTW. Code camping20

slowoldman

Yep, Coleman for a good night’s kip (though of course you’re going to a festival, so I don’t suppose sleep is a high priority).

scotroutes

Cheap Hi Gear one (semi flocked) has done us a few years.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Double air beds that are comfy and won't deflate?’ is closed to new replies.