Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Doss or reverb if same price ?
  • r17anm
    Free Member

Just curious really but if the fox doss was available at the same money as the reverb which would you go for ?

andeh

I’ve not ridden/owned/maintained/looked-at-in-real-life either of them, but my spidey-sense tells me Reverb.

ThePinkster

Not used a DOSS but the levers sound like a bit too much hassle for my liking so I’ll be sticking with my Reverb.

svalgis
    Free Member

Considering how much issues there still are with most droppers out there, bar GD/GD clones and Reverb, I’d probably play it safe.

r17anm
    Free Member

There is a seller in america doing them for 300 dollars (about £190) posted free to a us adress. My sister is in florida and home for crimbo so thought i might get her to bring one over for me or i could get a reverb over here for similar money just thought the doss is worth a punt at that money

legend
    Free Member

just thought the doss is worth a punt at that money

if it gives you any trouble Mojo (the UK warranty guys) will tell you to sling your hook. Non-UK, no UK support.

ThePinkster

What is the DOSS overseas warranty like? The Reverb is world wide but I’d check the Doss one before buying.

r17anm
    Free Member

I emailed the guy about this and he said fox uk ( mojo) would warranty it and he would communicate with them if i had problems . I didnt put much faith in that though

ruscle
    Free Member

Reverb. Piece of p**s to completely strip down, clean and re-assemble.

legend
    Free Member

Er yeah, I would speak to the actual warranty people instead of taking the sellers word for it.

cookeaa

I’ve not ridden/owned/maintained/looked-at-in-real-life either of them, but my spidey-sense tells me Reverb.

+1

r17anm
    Free Member

I will give mojo a shout to make sure but i reckon you will be right about them telling me to go **** myself

DickBarton

Reverb…after seeing a selection of posts, out the 2 you listed, Reverb would be it…the fox has a MASSIVE bar lever and seems to be overly complicated if in a rush and you hit the wrong button…the return rate seems to be ferocious…make sure your body isn’t anywhere near it or bits of your body will be removed.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

doss

ive had both

always fannying about with the reverb, limitless options means you never know where your seat is going

doss is simple, set the highest setting to where you want for climbing/flat sections, drop to trail for anything else in 1 click, never use the lowest setting

return rate can be adjusted with less pressure, lever is fine, dont see what all the fuss is about,

chiefgrooveguru

doss is simple, set the highest setting to where you want for climbing/flat sections, drop to trail for anything else in 1 click, never use the lowest setting

Never use the lowest setting? Never?!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wait 1 year for any doss issues to come out. Same with any of the droper posts.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

nope never used the lowest,

middle setting is between my knees when the pedals are level, perfect

r17anm
    Free Member

Just spoke to mojo they said as long as the doss is bought through an authorised fox dealer then it is covered as there warranty is global. Gonna give the the doss a bash then 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Really never buy first year it never ends well 🙂

strawb3110
    Free Member

What’s the U.S company please r17anm?

nasher
    Free Member

i cant help thinking that the fox is 3 years out of date. comeon 3 positionsetting? like the original gravity dropper and you candrill a hole where u like. also cables dangling from the saddle? ks is now free of cable slop, and thetes reverb stealth.

seriously why would you buy the fox unit?

mmel
    Free Member

KS LEV for me, was out in the worst wet gloop I could find at the weekend and the LEV just kept working. The cable operated remote works great and the saddle drops to just where you need it, when you need it.

I really don’t understand Fox’s thinking with the DOSS, why reinvent the wheel. And as for that remote 😯

b45her
    Free Member

i’d go with the reverb, the dross is just a prettied up gravity dropper with a daft lever, + the coating will probably wear off the post just like their forks if you don’t service it every 38 minutes.

svalgis
    Free Member

i cant help thinking that the fox is 3 years out of date. comeon 3 positionsetting? like the original gravity dropper and you candrill a hole where u like

Or just buy the multi which comes with an additional 1″ drop from the box, if you don’t have another specific drop in mind. But yeah, I have to agree with you, though I personally like the fixed positions as to keep it simple (only up or down for me). Never tried one with infinite adjustability though, would be keen to do so, but I wouldn’t trade my GD Turbo for a DOSS.

Northwind

The remote on the Doss looks horrendous but a lot of people like it for its ease of use…

Agree with all the comments above about waiting til it’s been real-world tested, I don’t think there’s been a single dropper post that hasn’t run into problems once released on the world. And it’s not as though Fox have a sterling reputation as far as things that look shiny in the showroom then melt when you get them muddy go.

FuzzyWuzzy

If you don’t specifically want a hydraulic post then KS Lev would get my vote over a Doss. It’s been out a few months now and don’t seem to be any wear & tear/failure-in-use issues being reported (mine’s been fine), plus non-growth cabling and a really neat bar lever (assuming you use lock-ons anyway). Only issue is it’s a bit more money than the Reverb, worth it though IMO.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Doss or reverb if same price ?’ is closed to new replies.