Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dorset seaside campsite reccomendations
  • Pieface

I’m looking for a family friendly campsite in Dorset.

We’d like good facilities and the beach needs to be walking distance. Level pitches are strongly desired. A pub within walking distance would be good to. I know Dorset is a big place but any recommendations appreciated.

Yak

Tom’s field in Langton Matravers. Ticks all the boxes bar the beach, but there is a rock ledge with a pool cut into it at Dancing Ledge, a short walk seaward. Depends how old your kids are as there is a short scramble to access it.

You are also a short walk to the mighty Square and Compass 🙂

brassneck

Rosewall at Osmington Mills is nice this time of year, usually still quite quiet. There is a pub (Smugglers Inn?) down in the cove but it was a bit expensive and surprisingly unfamily friendly (which may be a plus for you :-))
    Lots of walking straight from the site.

Alternately, later in the year for a limited period is the might-as-well-be-a-festival Eweleaze farm – chaotic, limited weeks of opening but quite fun in its own way (or can be, depending on your neighbours)

EDIT: Oh, and Burnbake at the Sandbanks end – some nice offroad but level routes to the beach by bike.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Burnbake Nr Swanage or Eweleaze nr Osmington

Bimbler
    Free Member

If you’re going in August I second the Eweleaze recommendations. Possibly my favourite campsite although not that many flat, flat pitches. They have some other sites now too.

wanderer
    Free Member

Third for eweleaze. Its not open all summer but when it is it ticks all your boxes: stuff for kids to do, pubs nearby, its basically on the beach, and great friendly atmosphere.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dorset seaside campsite reccomendations’ is closed to new replies.