Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Dorset Riding – Bournemouth Wimbourne
  • alecdavies
    Free Member

Calling all riders in the Wimbourne/Bournemouth area!! Ive just found out that work are going to be moving me to Wimbourne for the next 4-6 weeks which has come as a bit of supprise. This means i have only one thing to do, ride my bike. Im sure you can all see where this question is going………. is there anywhere decent to ride round there? I’ll have the car so travlelling will not be a problem.

Cheers,
    Al

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’m in Bournemouth right now

i don’t live here though.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I live about 5 minutes from Wimborne, so feel free to mail me if you need someone to show you about.

Plenty of stuff locally, obviously Purbecks just down the road, Wareham Forest, Puddletown woods, Moors Valley, New Forest (if you must) and literally on the door step Canford Heath for an hour or two blast.

Groups go out from all the local shops. Ride Cycleworks (Wednesdays), Primera (Tuesdays i think) and Bikelab and Primera do road group rides on Wednesdays. Also Dorset Rough Riders do rides on Wednesdays i think.

Rusty

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Edit – just seen the downhill photo on your profile. Bike Park UK at Shilingstone just down the road as well for DH and Shore stuff.

alecdavies
    Free Member

Thanks for getting back to me, its looking like moving may not be too bad. I ride a bit of everything including downhill (i live in Cardiff at the moment so CwmCarn is on my doorstep, hence the DH photo). i dont think ill bring my DH bike as its just not practicle when you can only have one.

I should have ome sort of time table for this move by the end of the day so you can be sure i will be in touch.

Cheers,

joblessmonkeyboy
    Free Member

Im also very close to wimborne and always up for showing people around. I ride a bit of road, bit of DH and trail aswell ! I work evenings so I have mornings and weekends to go riding, I normally have a group of two or three so more the merryer.
    Andrew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Dorset Riding – Bournemouth Wimbourne’ is closed to new replies.