Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dorset Militaria
  • hammyuk
    Free Member

Quite possibly the lowest form of pond scum known to man!
    Numerous accounts of them being prosecuted over police issue kit, mil kit expropriated, etc and yet some halfwit of a judge decided that a certain Mr Tigwell was allowed to keep the stolen medal clearly engraved with someone else’s full details that went “missing” the day before its presentation.
    To add insult – even after he knew it was stolen he offered to “sell it at cost” to its rightful owner!
    Mr Tigwell was quoted as saying ‘‘I have the utmost respect for anyone who serves their country. I would never knowingly handle stolen goods.”
    Yet then went on to say “I run a business and can’t just give it away.’
    £200 Tigwell – £200 bloody quid and you can’t see what is wrong?
    You paid out more in court costs!
    Add dealer Mark Bryan who sold it originally to Tigwell from his market stall in Aldershot. What did he think? It was a coaster FFS??
    Any reputable dealer would know a recent medal (one of a number that went “missing”) shouldn’t be floating around so they’ve shown their colours.
    I’m glad this is doing the rounds amongst the ex and current serving and collectors as the scum don’t deserve to be allowed to continue to be in business.

parkesie
    Free Member

Pretty poor decision by the court and a dealer with questionable morales.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Hammy – you seem to have a lot of inner rage at the moment. 🙂

Does seem a very strange decision by the court though.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nope – all my rage is quite happily outside 😛
    Just boils my piss when scum like this are not only in a position to operate like this but then effectively get a green light to continue doing so by the courts!
    Thats before we discuss the individuals morals……..

d42dom

my brothers Op Granby medal keeps turning up at different dealers around the world. He and a few others never had them issued originally and had to put up with replacements. Dealers refuse to do anything other than say he can buy it off them for the market value. Last seen in Australia last year…

craigxxl
    Free Member

My medals were stolen from the house by someone we’ve let in, friends, family or workmen and that makes me feel sick. I’ve bought replacement medals and even though the quality is good, they aren’t my medals and I would still give anything to have them back.
    Those that deal in medals should have to prove that they were surrendered by the person awarded the medal otherwise treated as stolen property.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

My medals ended up in a charity shop.
    They where on my blazer, that mum packed up when taking my Dads stuff there after he died. 😕

biglee1

Disgusting behaviour by the dealer 🙁

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dorset Militaria’ is closed to new replies.