Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Dorothy Perkins customer service response…. Made me laugh
  • edward2000
    Free Member

So i ordered some shoes for my mrs, they never turned up (My Hermes). When i questioned it, i got this response…

Following the investigation into your recent delivery query, our courier service have since confirmed that your parcel was delivered and posted through the letterbox.

If you are still unable to locate your parcel, please let me know either by replying to this email address or calling our Customer Care line on 0344 984 0261 in order for me to conclude this investigation.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and if there is anything further I can help with, please do not hesitate to contact me by replying to this email address.

So:
    a) i lied and fabricated the story, apparently.
    b) shoes fit through letterboxes apparently.
    c) i dont really need help finding things put through my letterbox, but thanks for the offer.

A poilte but stern phone call this morning and i’ve been promised a refund.

benpinnick

Thats pretty good. My favourite is always the ones from Yodel about how they couldn’t deliver parcels to my old work after hours despite their being a 24hr manned reception… Recently Parcelfarce told a neighbour (via a card) that they’d left his new laptop at my house. Imagine his surprise to find that when he came round to get it we’d been on holiday for 3 days already.

Its a shame though, a lot of good customer service let down by delivery companies. Although in your case sounds like idiots at the other end of the email too. I won’t buy anything from anyone that uses Yodel for example as I don’t need the hassle.

psycorp
    Free Member

I have found Yodel to be the worst of the delivery companies.

On the other hand I’ve been using Hermes for ebay stuff for years and have only had a problem once. On that occasion I was refunded for postage cost and parcel value fairly quickly.

avdave2

I wonder if there could be a link between shit delivery companies and our desire to have everything delivered from the lowest priced supplier with no delivery charges.

slowoldman

I wonder if there could be a link between shit delivery companies and our desire to have everything delivered from the lowest priced supplier with no delivery charges.

There is almost always a link between “dirt cheap” and “crap”. Hence the difference between “low price” and “value for money”.

edward2000
    Free Member

But i bet there arent that many people who decide on who to shop with online based on which courier they use? Am I wrong? I dont think ive ever considered it!

legend
    Free Member

edward2000 – Member

But i bet there arent that many people who decide on who to shop with online based on which courier they use? Am I wrong? I dont think ive ever considered it!

The only time I’ve started thinking about it was when CRC started using DHL. Things being delivered was fine, but it was a massive ball-ache if you missed them as the package was always returned to their (rarely handy) depot.

squoglybob
    Free Member

I’m still trying to track down my MT500 winter shorts.

The Royal Mail delivery man states he left them under an upturned recycling box behind the gate? Which is odd as my box was in the garage full and I don’t have a side gate. When I rang They asked me if the driver meant front gate?

I asked them how would I know that ?

Then she hung up ?

I e got no gates, front side of back.

Bez

You’d have to (a) be aware of the flaws of each delivery company (b) know in advance of purchase which one was in use by the retailer and (c) be prepared to abort a purchase on finding out.

None of those are necessarily easy and (b) can be impossible. I generally walk away from anything involving Yodel, at least.

But (although privatisation cures all ills and makes the consumer omnipotent, right kids?) there’s not so much control you have. Publicly shaming companies on social media for poor treatment of customers, goods and employees, however… *fistbump*

zilog6128

I’ve used it in the past as a deciding factor where everything else (price, reliability/reputation of retailer) is roughly the same. DPD = plus points, Yodel/Hermes = minus points.

Bez

The only time I’ve started thinking about it was when CRC started using DHL. Things being delivered was fine, but it was a massive ball-ache if you missed them as the package was always returned to their (rarely handy) depot.

This. Royal Mail have lots of small collection points that are generally easy to get to on the way to work in the morning. The courier companies have massive distribution centres that can be a two-hour round trip to get a parcel and, judging by experience, seem to be quite easy to completely lose parcels in.

amedias
    Free Member

I always trot this one out when we have a courier rant…

yes, cos that’s a safe and sensible place to leave something valuable, god job it wasn’t bin day…

TPTcruiser

UKmail delivery due this morning; the dog barked but no door bell, no card through the door, apparently signed for by Hussey, which is not how Ms TPT would sign it or be described if the driver met her.
    No goods received, a day later than the next day service paid for…

trail_rat
    Free Member

what bez said….

i was once left a card asking me to collect a parcel.

the depot my parcel was at was in edinburgh, the parcel had come from newcastle.

the customerservice operative didnt seem to grasp how much of a fail at delivery that was given i live in aberdeen……..

seadog101

So Mrs Seadog ordered some clothes – instructions were ‘Leave in shed’

I order new computer (£500) from a different retailer which was to be signed for.

I should not have been surprised really, to find DPD had left both packages in the shed. Sooooo tempted to tell a fib and ask a few days later “Dude? Where’s my computer”…

Bez

I’m quite fortunate that the bin men get up earlier than all the delivery folk, because the number who leave stuff in the wheely bin…

Speshpaul

Dude? Where’s my computer”…

Parcel Farce left a new laptop on the front door step. Being wrapped in clear plastic it was clear to anyone walking past what it was.

Twunt

TimP
    Free Member

I was going to berate my wife for leaving my newly delivered bike out in the back garden as it is pretty open. Turns out the delivery guy broke into the garden (probably from next door) with a fully boxed Kona Ute. I was surprised and a bit angry but also quite impressed

kerley
    Free Member

But i bet there arent that many people who decide on who to shop with online based on which courier they use? Am I wrong?

You are wrong in my case as I don’t buy anything from a company that uses Yodel or MyHermes. I look for companies that use DPD or Royal Mail/Parcelforce as they have good service and very good technology (DPD) and I am happy to pay a few £ extra to save my time dealing with the lesser companies shenanigans

bikeneil
    Free Member

Perhaps your shoes are lurking in the chat forum.

bails

redthunder
    Free Member

Ronnie Pickering Post are planning a new delivery company 😉

It would be definetly better than the lot above.

igm

Royal Mail tend to leave my stuff at the post office which is 3 minutes walk from my house.

I can cope with that.

Dibbs
    Free Member

I had a Giro Synthe helmet delivered by myHermes had week the outer bag had been sliced open completely at one end, it’s amazing the helmet box stayed in there.
    No word of explanation from myHermes. 🙄

gravity-slave
    Free Member

This was left at ours recently. Never told them about a safe place, but did find the parcel in the outside loo!

jimdubleyou

DHL drivers are actual liars – I waited in all day for my shiny new Canyon after having a missed delivery the day before.

I heard the DHL van stop outside and go to open the front door. Delivery driver doesn’t even bother to get out of van, but just drives off.

Phoned up the delivery office, and got told that the driver claimed he had carried the actual box to my front door and there was nobody in!!!

I was soooo ANGRY!!!!

So angry I even went to Feltham to pick it up…

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Dorothy Perkins customer service response…. Made me laugh’ is closed to new replies.