Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Dorian gray pictures?
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

Mcmoonters photos on his website have made me think. Does everyone have a photo from their past they feel most closely resembles themselves however far they may have grown away from that image?

I guess it would be more likely for the older contingent on here. It would be the picture you would want kept in the attic to age Dorian Gray style

This is the pic I most associate with my ‘youth’ – in all fairness I dont think it was ever a good likeness as its quite over exposed – but I think thats why I like it!

This was taken in a bar in Amsterdam in 1990 – seems like a lifetime ago now

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm, yes – I can see why you would want to look like that…

Ah, if only I still looked like this

aracer
    Free Member

This is the pic I most associate with my ‘youth’

Phwoar – I’ve always been into little white boxes with green bits in the bottom.

Pyro

Not really of my youth (was only taken last year, and I’m 32), but I’d stay looking like this one:

rogerthecat
    Free Member

This one:
    Young free and single, just graduated, full of hope and optimism and driving George, The Infinitely Fixable Beetle, fittest I’ll ever be and not possessing a single wrinkle or grey hair, I hate the B*****D! 😀

boxelder

You looked just like that when I met you pyro – but then it was last year (that’s got you thinking……….)

Tom-B
    Free Member

I reckon that me and Mrs B would settle for looking like this for a few more years….I think that it was taken in March.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Pic

I seem to struggle embedding pictures

maybe this link will work instead . . .

Pyro

You looked just like that when I met you pyro – but then it was last year (that’s got you thinking……….)

It has… Email me and tell me when/where! I’m hopeless at working stuff like that out… By the Keswick references I’m guessing Porage or something like that…

MrsToast
    Free Member

I like to think that spiritually I’m always smiling, in a tree…

mikedoubleu
    Free Member

A younger, less bald, toned and tanned me. God, that was a long time ago. But I didn’t know biking or Mrs Doubleu, so the world wasn’t perfect back then.

Tonga by double*u, on Flickr

rogerthecat
    Free Member

@AdjustableWench – WoW! Your eyes are incredible, in a good way of course!! 😀

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ha ha – I was 19, in Amsterdam, they may been slightly more dilated than normal . . .

But thank you anyway 😀

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I guess a composite of these two, which is pretty close to where I am at the moment…

winning 1st fancy dress comp when I was 5:

Drunk on goon bags while working on the largest mango farm in the southern hemisphere:

Junkyard
    Free Member

There is no way pictures of me in Holland are going on here and you wont be seeing my eyes

TBH ageing does not worry me as you acquire wisdom

For example I was a raver and getting a little to into the scene so I decided to leave to avoid issues. What do i do? – oh yes I moved to Holland – WTF was I thinking 😯

Still got my own hair* so i will be happy with that at 42. Still cannot grow a beard though 😳

I have times in my life, happy and care free I would return to but not an image of me I cherish.
    I assume i am getting better looking , relative to my peers, as i dont look like Phil Mitchel like many of my mates do now. 😉

I suspect the next 20 years ageing are worse than the last 20

* No one says I look like Nick cave anymore though

ir_bandito
    Free Member

The pic I’d like to put up was hosted on fotopic, so no longer online, so I’ll describe it.
    Me, using a headtorch to look at a map on the floor of hut, somewhere in the middle-of-bleedin-nowhere in Victoria, Australia, trying to figure out how far we had to ride the next day to get to a shop as we’d run out of food. Happy days indeed.

maxtorque

Mrs Toast

….. clinging on for dear life with your fingernails and trying not to sh** ones-self……. 😉

Probably quite an good description of life in general as it happens !

Cougar

* No one says I look like Nick cave anymore though

Lies.

boblo
    Free Member

When ladies start talking about dilation, it’s time to look the other way…. 🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Dilating pupils – could be a good thing, seeing anything else do it . . . Really time to look the other way unless you’re an obstetrician 8-/

TooTall
    Free Member

ladies start talking about dilation, it’s time to look the other way

then take a coy look back over your shoulder, finger in mouth, lips slightly parted, ‘come hither’ look in your eyes? Just in case?

Oh.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

@jivehoneyjive – if you are somewhere between the two of those pics does that mean you looknlike a drunken pirate?! Definitely a unique look these days, must raise a few eyebrows

teasel
    Free Member

ageing does not worry me as you acquire wisdom

Wallop of the Cods.

In my experience, age rarely confers wisdom. A stubborn attitude and unswerving self-belief usually brought about through a lifetime of unchallenged incorrect viewpoints and ideas, is far more commonplace.

I have a pic but it’s a little passport type. I’ll see if I can take a copy later this evening.

tazzymtb

*goes off to look for pictures of a taz with massive mohawk or from my rockstar days…actually all of those are a sea of dry ice…..* god I miss dry ice, strobes and dark venues….the perfect excuse to snog a horror and no-one could see you…or thats what I was told on regular basis by horrified ladies at chucking out time 😥

somafunk

I’ll try and scan my “dorian grey” pic from 1995. Aged 23, on “tour/walkabout in Zimbabwe and made my way to Vic Falls where a mate was going to put me up but he was out flying that day so i made my way to Explorers bar in the centre of town and sat down, got pleasantly sozzled on Zambezi (local beer) and got talking to the barman/owner, turned out he had the same surname as my mothers sisters husband, turned out he was related to said sisters husband and i had previously met him 12 years earlier at their wedding in crinan, so within 5 minutes i found myself with a job working the bar and living on the roof terrace of the pub for 3 months whilst tending and helping myself to the pubs “weed” garden, met lots n’ lots of luverly foreign female tourists (cough…cough….swedish were the most drop dead stunning!) and i had a sideline/day job working for shearwater rafting on a monday and tuesday as a rafting guide down the Zambezi…i only meant to stay a few weeks as i was at College at the time doing electronic/mech engineering so i eventually came home to finish my course (after 6months off in africa – oops!) : Why did i come back home? is something i often ask myself when i hear or speak to the many folk from that period that i am still in contact with, not so much a regret as a **** stupid-stupid idea to come back to finish a shite course at a shite college when i had everything over there.

hey ho……everyone deserves one regret to hold onto 🙂 .

Right…where’s that pic?……

adjustablewench
    Free Member

If you are going to have any regrets at least have a good one – and that one definitely sounds it! Did you manage to capture the swedish girls in the shot too? Not me being a deviant – I just wonder how many times you must have looked at the pic and kicked yourself a bit . .

CountZero

MrsToast, may you continue to look like that until you drop off your perch!

@adjustablewench
    – *gulp* (swoons). 😳

Cougar

In my experience, age rarely confers wisdom. A stubborn attitude and unswerving self-belief usually brought about through a lifetime of unchallenged incorrect viewpoints and ideas, is far more commonplace.

True. But most of them have been banned now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Mrs Toast

Needs more rainbows and teddy bears.

😉

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Now I have a mental image of mrs toast as some kind of care bear . . . . 8-|

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

For reasons very much like our dear adjustablewench. As you can see it was after a hard day’s spannering in Halfrauds, and I was accessorising my Woolly Jumper with a Woolly Head and sitting on the hidden side of the steps down from the Truro railway station footbridge.

Aaah, them’s was the days’ 🙂

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Cant beat being slightly over exposed 😉

hammyuk
    Free Member

adjustablewench – Member
    Pic

I seem to struggle embedding pictures
    maybe this link will work instead . . .
    POSTED 1 DAY AGO # REPORT-POST

“Starts looking at property nearby……”

Moi with my eldest at 5wks old.
    Abroad, before stress, before worries, before divorce 😛

Although if I stay like this from last year I’ll be happy 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

this one sprung to mind..

eskay

this one sprung to mind..

Yunki – is that another one with dilated pupils??

yunki
    Free Member

Well, it’s another shot in a bar in the 90s so maybe 😳

eskay

The hat is a giveaway 😉

yunki
    Free Member

That hat was a beaut.. Reversible with the Adidas logo one side and Nike the other 😀

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Some great pictures and stories – hope tazzy and somafunk havent got lost looking for theirs

Hammyuk – your eldest looks so much like you, even down to the hair cut . First successful human cloning? 🙂

bruneep

me last week

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Dorian gray pictures?’ is closed to new replies.