Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 176 total)
  • Dope, blow, cannabis, weed etc. Opinions please.
  • RustySpanner

A rare and occaissional pleasure, like meeting a beautiful girl you used to know?

Or as regular as breathing, a part of what you are?

A wonderful slave or a terrilble master?

Have you taken more out of dope than dope has taken out of you?

All opinions welcome.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Isn’t it a criminal offence?

Kato

Each to their own and i’m sure loads of people have a cracking time with it, but all the dope smokers I deal with are complete mongs

user-removed
    Free Member

Just can’t these days 🙁 Miss it and drink too much instead 🙂

jam-bo

Like a lot of my college and uni mates, we don’t see each other that often anymore but when we do it’s a blast…

kimbers

i doubt this thread’ll last

but smoked fairly regular for about 15 or so years, weekly to daily
    good fun with mates a habbit when at home
    kimbers junior came along and i just knocked all that nasty smoking business on the head about 9months now

miss it occasionally but overall im happy ive moved on,
    if i was gonna do it again id use one of them vapourizer thingys

edit bill hicks has it licked (tho hes not perhaps the best example, or maybe he is )
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX1CvW38cHA[/video]

RustySpanner

Really?
    You’ll be telling me I can’t ride on footpaths next, or hack into someones ‘phone.

Burls72
    Free Member

Tried it a number of times but never liked it, my pleasures or should I say sins have always been of the pill and powder variety.

Pigface
    Free Member

Was good fun but skunk these days is just to intense, packed it in a few years ago and dont miss it.

mildred

Each to their own and i’m sure loads of people have a cracking time with it, but all the dope smokers I deal with are complete mongs

+1

tartanscarf

I smoked weed every night for years, then I grew up*. I just think it’s a total waste of time now.

*I didn’t mean to, it just happened.

Bregante

Never seen the attraction meself

RoterStern
    Free Member

I used to not go out of the house until I had had a few to get myself on that ‘plain’. I decided to chuck it all in a about ten years ago and I can’t really say the I have missed the heart palputations, randomn paranoia and occaisional psychosis that much.

johnners
    Free Member

Never worked for me. Well, not unless you’re supposed to feel dizzy and a bit ill and then describe that as if it’s something enjoyable.

crankinirish
    Free Member

I live in a State where medical marijuana is legal. I have a card prescribed from a Doctor. I can walk into one of the many dispensaries and choose from a variety of strains, all top quality weed. I still use it responsibly, an 1/8th will last me a month.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Ever wonder why they call it “dope” ?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

As somebody once said, “If I wanted to feel tired and hungry, I’d just get a job”

restless
    Free Member

I used to not go out of the house until I had had a few to get myself on that ‘plain’. I decided to chuck it all in a about ten years ago and I can’t really say the I have missed the heart palputations, randomn paranoia and occaisional psychosis that much.

me too 🙂

jojoA1
    Free Member

I stopped long ago- when I discovered that I was perfectly capable of getting depressed, paranoid and eating everything in the ‘fridge without any external assistance.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Ever wonder why they call it “dope” ?

nope.

fwiw though, smoked shedloads of it for years, but you grow out of that. it’s still good every once and a while though. Usually when i’m cycling funnily enough! 😀

Mugboo

I used to think it improved the taste of food, the listening of music and the comedy of TV.
    It didn’t, it just held me back and made me a social recluse!

And that was pre Skunk!! Nasty stuff..

seosamh77
    Free Member

I was perfectly capable of getting depressed, paranoid

perhaps it wasn’t the weed that was the cause of that then… can’t say i’ve ever had these symptoms.

Mugboo

On the plus side I have been able to re-watch and enjoy lots of great films I didn’t remember 🙂

kimbers

can i just add in 15 years of regular toking never felt depressed or paranoid once, got married, got a degree in biochemistry, bought a house, and worked for 12 years as a molecular biologist

i think some people have the personality to handle it, some dont

user-removed
    Free Member

These threads always reveal a bit of a dichotomy 🙂

I enjoyed it for many years – if nothing else, it’s a good way to get six straight hours of guitar practice in without getting bored….

Agree with the previous poster about the horrendous strength of the weed today – it’s just hideous. There’s nothing mellow about reducing oneself to the state of a valium-head.

When I were a lad (well up until mid-twenties) it was a very sociable drug – we used it in much the same way as others used drink in a pub – just that we got to stay in, meet mates, play music or jam away on various instruments and chew the fat. No hangover, no kicking-out-time-violence.

jam-bo

some people have the personality to handle it, some dont

bit like life really…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I used to love it but there is a reason why it’s called dope.

Still enjoy the occasional toot at a festival to take the edge of the chemicals.

Time and a place.

Can’t beat the smell of a good green IMO.

totalshell

managed to get this far without either so wont be starting soon..

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I loved nothing better when I lived in Holland, than sitting in the Bluebird in Tilburg, enjoying a nice Nepalese Temple Ball bifter, while drinking decent coffee, & listening to some quality music..

#Happydays IMHO.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I smoked habitually for about 15 years, then one morning, I woke up and thought ‘I’m bored with smoking cannabis’ and literally gave up that very day. Up until then, I’d need at least a spliff before bed. But I just stopped, no withdrawal, no cravings, nowt. I’d had enough.

I woon’t say I smoked to the extent it had a seriously detrimental effect on my life, but smoking did seem dampen things down somewhat, and made me crave sensation. It’s ok enjoying good music, art and that but there’s also mundane stuff to do too, and smoking left me feeling demotivated and lethargic a lot of the time. Makes you lazy. And not good if you suffer from Depression or Mental Illness.

I have the occasional smoke now at parties or whatever, and really enjoy the buzz. Much more than I did when I was smoking every day. I have replaced cannabis with beer, but can at least delude myself with the idea that I like the taste of beer. 🙂 Booze is worse if used in excess mind, a lot worse.

I like the sociable side of using it, I like the buzz it gives me, the heightened senses, the way it relaxes you sufficiently so you can chill out and contemplate philosophical issues. Yeah, it’s a very enjoyable drug, and is used in moderation, far less harmful than many others.

I don’t feel a gaping void in my life for not using it now though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I got a first whilst being a fan of Skunk cant remember which Uni though and I would not recommend this.
    Smoked too much in my youth smoke occasionally theses days.
    never really been into drink though.

crankinirish
    Free Member

“And not good if you suffer from Depression or Mental Illness.”

A friend of mine got perscribed medical marijuana for depression and anxiety. It depends a lot on the strain.

RustySpanner

Ok.

As the OP, I’d like to say that it’s a serious question.

Personally, I’ ve always found dope to be a far less harmful drug than alcohol, which gives me massive problems with guilt and paranoia.

Overuse of anything is stupid, but the refusal to try new experiences is worse

seosamh77
    Free Member

but the refusal to try new experiences is worse

why? if someone doesn’t want to do something, it’s entirely up to them imo.

jojoA1
    Free Member

I don’t disapprove of it or anything. I just didn’t enjoy the aspects of my psyche that it magnified. Just because one hasn’t personally experienced particular effects, does not mean that the drug doesn’t cause them in people.
    The nominal aphasia was pretty funny though. When you can’t find your nouns and have to describe things instead of naming them. “You know… One of those four legged things you sit on… Get one of them out”.

chewkw
    Free Member

Pleasure? That thing tastes shite, smells of shite and why the hell is that pleasure when it screws up your head in the long run? Your life is at your liberty but try not to cause any problems to others when you go psycho, after all it is not taxed and others have to fund you (taxed) for that if something goes wrong.

Smoke cigarettes instead. At least they are taxed and you have contributed to the medical expense which is legit for wasting yourself away. Think of the contribution to society i.e. paying tax. Think of the employment you are going to generate. Think of the greater good.
    🙄

user-removed
    Free Member

Crumbs – here’s the dichotomy referred to in my second post. chewy – do you think that buying 2nd hand bits off the classifieds (tax free) which may fail, landing you in hospital, is OK then, being as your choice of pastime hasn’t contributed to the greater good?

Like all the finer things in life, it takes a while to get used to (remember your stabilisers?!). It’s a wee bit like learning to eat Stilton but the payoff is slightly better (especially when taken with a little quality Port).

As for “screwing your head in the long run”, well yes, you might be right, but it’s worth reading the posts above. Some can manage, some cannot. The sensible users are aware of which category they fall into, and comport themselves accordingly. I can’t touch the stuff now, and am anything but sensible, but from the age of 15 onwards, I did enjoy 10 years of not hanging round street corners, not drinking Tennent’s Special and smashing neighbours’ windows and playing music in a bit of a haze.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The maggots, Chewkw; what about the maggots??

chewkw
    Free Member

user-removed – Member

Crumbs – here’s the dichotomy referred to in my second post. chewy – do you think that buying 2nd hand bits off the classifieds (tax free) which may fail, landing you in hospital, is OK then, being as your choice of pastime hasn’t contributed to the greater good?

2nd hand goods have been taxed when the 1st owner bought it. If a 2nd hand goods fail on me I have no complained.

The weed is not even taxed. End off. If it is taxed then smoke till your head spins. The question is why should the side effect of weed smoking be placed on us. It’s not even taxed!

I think the govt should grow weed and sell them at 100% profit after all you are paying a hefty price for the shite at the moment. So why not feed you shite yet imposed tax on it to fund the side effect.

Elfinsafety – Member

The maggots, Chewkw; what about the maggots??

So now you understand why the world is infested by the maggots of human kind. Yes, you have been contributing to the maggot kinds for the past 15 years 😯 … ts! ts! ts! Behind you! … ooops just an illusion.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well this is quite a nuanced debate. I have as many people know written a masters degree dissertation on Amazonian hallucinogens, and also now published my book on South American hallucinogens:

http://simonralli.wordpress.com/my-book-the-shaman-and-snow-white/

In my book I especially write about the dangers when experimenting without the structure and guidance of a shamanic apprenticeship, something I have undertaken, and which was pretty much the most demanding and at times hellish things I have ever done. (There are also many dangers from fake shamanic teachers, and I also write about this).

But I would definitely do it all again, and feel that in criminalising everything, we have thrown the baby out with the bath water, and have lost one of the greatest tools available for the scientific study of consciousness. My book is just one attempt which seeks to redress the balance while always attempting to be as responsible as possible and not glamourising the experience.

Many people see marijuana as a sacred plant, and although I am sympathetic to making it legal, you just have to look at youtube to see how many people do not treat these teacher plants with respect, and have not ability to use them responsibly. We are still teenagers in this respect compared to many indigenous cultures.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 176 total)

The topic ‘Dope, blow, cannabis, weed etc. Opinions please.’ is closed to new replies.