Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 268 total)
  • Dope as a pain killer.
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do you think using prescription medications, some addictive, with hundreds of side effects is fine, but using MJ isn’t?

Because its not legal in the UK?

No – I think using cannabis in this situation is damaging. As I have repeatedly said it can have medical uses.

You really think cannabis has no side effects?

flow
    Free Member

I didn’t say marijuana had no side effects. It has far fewer, and less severe side effects than Amitriptyline for example, which is probably what she would get prescribed if she went to a GP.

If you knew anything about GP’s, medicine, marijuana, or CFS, you wouldn’t be so quick to rubbish my advice/experiences.

Pogo
    Free Member

All this talk of cannabis is effecting your grammar and spelling, I prescribe shutting the **** up!
    Zippykona probably thinks you two are right pair of ****, he’d be right.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

This thread could do with a chill pill.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Monday morning bong anyone ?

Certainly get work off to a good start whatever profession your in !

retro83
    Free Member

Pogo – Member

All this talk of cannabis is effecting your grammar and spelling,

Affecting. 🙂

elzorillo
    Free Member

My elderly step father who had suffered with sever back problems for twenty odd years after an accident at work, finally found great relief from smoking weed after being recommended by a friend.

but… now in my mid 40’s I can look back at all the habitual weed smokers I’ve known over the years and can honestly say that not a single one of them is what you could call a fully functioning member of society. They seem to fall into two categories.. The pale paranoid/schizophrenic type with serious mental issues or the new age sniggering bafoon type who cant seem to hold down a regular job and suffer made up illnesses.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hahahaha!

Modern medicine is completely ignoring one of the greatest resources our race has ever had, herbal remedies.

As long as it continues to do so it will continue to remain a farce that serves only as a means by which evil bastards make money.

I am not surprised that a great many individuals conform to the idea that it is some how effective and efficient, the reality however is that it treats and treats and treats and treats and treats and treats people, which of course generates money.

A far more effective way of promoting health and well being would be to educate people about healthy living and proper diet, however the people who control modern medicine would not make any money from that so it isn’t very popular.

Now as I have said, talking shite about modern drugs and pain management isn’t what this thread is about, it’s about cannabis or similar substances being used as pain killers or to eleviate suffering, yes I know people who haven’t used them for this reason are the best people to contribute to a thread about thier use 😯

Why not STFU and let the actual people who have used it for this reason contribute, the pharmaceutical companies have plenty of ways to sell and promoter thier filth, you can go back to being brain washed minions later on!

flow
    Free Member

Well said Kaesae.

dabble
    Free Member

Wake and Bake! 8)

flow
    Free Member

Wake and Bake!

😆

flow
    Free Member

Take note of what they have to say at 6:35

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0jRhHvgGis[/video]

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

There is a name for herbal remedies that work – medicine.

side effects of cannabis – delusions and paranoia.

flow
    Free Member

TJ – in the nicest way possible, watch that video and STFU.

emsz
    Free Member

Of the 4 or so (not a massive amount I agree) stoners that regularly smoke more than once a day, who started at school, all of them are **** up. 2 have been sectioned, one is just a zombie drone, one is freaked out.

i’ll bake the occassional cake, but I wouldn’t want to have to ‘rely’ on dope for help.

DrP

I’m back…!

Modern medicine is completely ignoring one of the greatest resources our race has ever had, herbal remedies

Aspirin is derived from willow bark, penicillin from fungal spores, many anti cancer drugs originate from wild plants (vinca alkaloids), so your statement is wrong.

What you really want to say is “modern medicine is completely ignoring schedule 1 drugs” because they are illegal to prescribe (unless home office allowance) and do not have the evidence based backing.
    (“Tom down the pub” is not a reliable source of evidence base).

am not surprised that a great many individuals conform to the idea that it is some how effective and efficient, the reality however is that it treats and treats and treats and treats and treats and treats people, which of course generates money.

A far more effective way of promoting health and well being would be to educate people about healthy living and proper diet, however the people who control modern medicine would not make any money from that so it isn’t very popular.
    I do wish I could get you to sit in on our practice meetings, and come to some ‘up to date’ meetings, where you will see how tight our drug prescribing budgets are (yes – we have a limited purse to offer drugs from.)
    Drugs cost.
    Advice is free.
    You put these two facts together and possibly revise your opinions….

Finally – on the subject of CFS/ME/PVF/Fibromyalgia etc etc. Understandably anyone who suffers symptoms that cannot be fully explained, and hence ends up in one of these categories, will undoubatbly feel they have been ‘failed’ by the health service/GPs/hospitals. This may well be the case, I’m not sure (i think very few people are sure about these conditions TBH). That doesn’t mean that help won’t be offered. It might mean the ‘help’ you think you should be offered may not be.

DrP

flow
    Free Member

Of the 4 or so (not a massive amount I agree) stoners that regularly smoke more than once a day, who started at school, all of them are **** up. 2 have been sectioned, one is just a zombie drone, one is freaked out.

Yet some of the most successful musicians, artists, etc in history smoked weed religiously. You have no way to know if your friends would have turned out that way whether they smoked weed or not.

The fact that people think its fine to take antidepressants everyday, yet find it wrong to use something that nature has provided for us just goes to show how brainwashed people are.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Flow you have no way of knowing whether cannabis helped or hindered them or had no eefect – perhaps they actually had talent?. Are you really claiming we could all be great musicians if we just consumed enough ?

Jesus wept I have smoked more than most humans alive and every day for over a decade [ not any more but I still do occassionally]
    You are deluding yourself if you think it is a panacea for all ills or that it has made you see some sort of higher truth.
    It does have an effect on you as well if you do it every day
    Kaesae must at least believe me as i have done both so STFU apparently 😆

As long as it continues to do so it will continue to remain a farce that serves only as a means by which evil bastards make money.

Aye it cures no one and since we had proper medicine with research survival rates and outcomes have remained unchanged since the days when we did not use “proper medicine” 🙄

I am not surprised that a great many individuals conform to the idea that it is some how effective and efficient,

BECAUSE IT IS
    Rambling on without evidence wont change this FACT

Why not STFU and let the actual people who have used it for this reason contribute,

Because their views are not objectively TRUE
    read the placebo effect and FFS learn why we gave up on subjective reports

Kaeseae using your “logic” everything someone says to me about something they feel is “true” as they know better than anyone else

All the worlds religions become true [ even though they all say they are the only one,- STFU and practice this religion only then can you comment would be their counter] all treatments work if someone tells me it does.
    It is not at all well thought out an approach to find truth
    PLEASE READ PLACEBO

Thank god we actually employ science and reason to decide these things rather than stoners logic or Kaesaes ????- I done even know what to describe that as , even calling it thinking is flattering his posts- outpourings?

crankboy
    Free Member

Nature provided us with arsenic and bubonic plague not the best recommendation.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The fact that people think its fine to take antidepressants everyday, yet find it wrong to use something that nature has provided for us just goes to show how brainwashed people are.

Very few people would think its fine to take antidepressants every day over long periods

Many folk think cannabis has its place in medicine. Indeed some of its uses are not really controversial anymore.

Yet some of the most successful musicians, artists, etc in history smoked weed religiously. You have no way to know if your friends would have turned out that way whether they smoked weed or not.

Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry: ‘When I was a man, I was a cannibal’

A god, a hero, and a good example of what happens when you smoke a lot of ganja for many years

kaesae
    Free Member

DrP
    The point is that a lot of these substances are beneficial as they are, without being processed, however without being processed they do not generate funds for the scum bag organised drug dealers.

By all means develop the substances but why ignore them altogether simply becasue you cannot control their supply and make money from them.

Modern medicine has it’s place, however it is influenced to an unhealthy degree by business.

Junkyard
    Free Member

aye one of the best things about the illegal drugs trade is the fact it has nothing to do with making money and all the particiapants are paragons of virtue just trying to help make the world a better place

another excellent point

kaesae
    Free Member

Hahaha! junkyard.

That’s not quite what I’m saying, I’m saying that individuals suffering from certain conditions are saying that consuming cannabis works for them and that people suffering from the same or similar conditions should be open to trying the substance and seeing for themselves if it works.

After all if we had listened to people like you all along, we wouldn’t be using cannabis for MS sufferers, once apon a time the same rubbish your spouting now was also spouted about MS.

Stupid is as stupid does though and ignorance is bliss!

kaesae
    Free Member

hahaha! junkyard you are a true comedian today!

Well done much better than your usual dull, bitter, sexually represed self I tells ya!

The drugs as you call them are herbal remedies, the only people who call them drugs are minions of stupidity, they are illegal because those who choose to use them are denied the right, we can drink excessivly, smoke nicotien, even breath in pollution every day of our lives, all of which will kill us in time and that’s fine.

But if someone want to consume cannabis they are a drug taker and if someone wants to sell it they are a drug dealer.

hahahaha! keep them coming junkyard.

kaesae
    Free Member

😯

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Edited out as Kaesae edited the post I was replying to

kaesae
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Edited out as Kaesae edited the post I was replying to

Sorry TJ enough sillyness for me I need to get back to work.

I will leave you with this thought though, a lot of research has been done into herbal remedies by the athletics bodies in relation to performance enhancement for athletes, so clinical studies exist for a lot of herbal remedies, that by the way countless millions of people use each year.

Why is it that so little research is being done by the established medical sector?

As has been stated a lot of medicines are made from herbal remedies, however research into the effectiveness of the remedies on thier own is almost non existent.

My advice to the OP is do not be limited by what modern medicine tells you is possible or the best course of treatment, research if for yourself and then try different approaches, if it works use it, if not then reject it.

As for cannabis or grass, I would invest in a vaporiser and use it every couple of days, give your body time without it or there is a good chance an immunity will be built up that will lead to necessity of increased doses.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Stupid is as stupid does though and ignorance is bliss!

so you are the happiest man alive then

Placebo means subjective reports are worthless.
    nothing in your diatribe will ater this fact…it is not an effective methoid of assessing the efficacy of drugs.

In the example you cite clinical trials proved the efficacy not self reports.

ps if a herbal remedy actualy worked it would also be called a drug
    calling me names will not make your argument any better

crikey
    Free Member

It’s not called dope for nowt…

edlong
    Free Member

Ignoring the rights and wrongs, and going back to where the OP started it, just to be wary that, given that it’s illegal and will be bought from criminals, the weed you buy may not be that “pure and natural” as, for example, it can have ground glass added to give that nice “shiny bud” look. As with food, grow your own and you’ll know what you’re getting….

kaesae
    Free Member

😯 😀

passtherizla
    Free Member

STW bong olympics anyone? 😉

Northwind

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMvMb90hem8[/video]

bigjim

zippykona, if you are still here, don’t just get her some skunk off some random dealer, it is pretty horrible stuff, too much THC in relation to other active compounds in it, and I’m not sure if people are still in the habit of cutting it with microscopic glass cleaning beads to make weight, they were a couple of years ago anyway. Try and find some nice mellow homegrown from a reputable source, and start small in terms of dose, especially if is being ingested, as with all drugs (including coffee!) it is no fun at all if you have too much.

I found a dooby after lunch very helpful when I was laid up after a bad bike vs car accident, maybe it doesn’t work pharmacologically the same way as conventional painkillers, but when I had a broken bone and severe bruising, finding it very painful to move around, being a bit stoned took away a lot of the general background pain and took my mind off it all. It helped me sleep too, though I could still only manage 4 hours lying down before I had to get up.

flow
    Free Member

This is hilarious.

What a load of BS.

allthegear
    Free Member

Actually, pharmaceutical companies are very much developing cannabinoid analgesics – some are already in clinical trials and well on their way to submission for approval.

Rachel

crikey
    Free Member

Cannabinoid derivatives tested in cancer, chronic non-malignant or acute pain proved no better than the least effective analgesics, but with many adverse events, including psychotropic adverse events.

http://www.medicine.ox.ac.uk/bandolier/booth/painpag/Chronrev/Analges/cannpain.html

flow
    Free Member

Crikey that is seriously old, things have moved on since then. Sativex is on the verge of being licensed for cancer pain.

http://www.gwpharm.com/US%20Patent%20Granted%20for%20Sativex%20in%20Cancer%20Pain.aspx

crikey
    Free Member

Er, so Big Pharma, nasty exploitative Big Pharma, who have seen a gap in the market, are now selling you cannabinoids?

Can I bring my shirts round while you’re ironing?

flow
    Free Member

Er, so Big Pharma, nasty exploitative Big Pharma, who have seen a gap in the market, are now selling you cannabinoids?

Yeah more than one.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 268 total)

The topic ‘Dope as a pain killer.’ is closed to new replies.