Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • DOOM
  • racefaceec90

have only played it for a short time,but by eck it’s bloody great imho 😀

and the monsters fight amongst themselves just like the old days 🙂

and as for the snapmap blinkin awesome (just have to learn how to use it). if you make a snapmap and upload it to the servers,anyone no matter what system can play it.

i already prefer this to doom 3 i have to say (and i liked doom 3).

anyone else playing doom?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAFSz8yxrE[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

Game looks good but the gore looks a bit much for me.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Playing it right now and it’s fast and gory and making me laugh !! Gory kills are excellent ?

Drac

Played the beta multiplayer. It wasn’t Doom it was awful.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I agree but the campaign is so different.

racefaceec90

drac i cannot comment on the beta as i never played it.

the campaign though most definitely feels like doom to me (a mix of all the doom games with new elements).

they have definitely upped the speed of the game,but also the comedy is still there with the monsters fighting amongst themselves,and although gory there is humour with it.

i have to say though the reworked demons are flipping ace especially the pinky and baron of hell.

that’s just my take on it though.

fd3chris
    Free Member

I keep getting killed and then beaten with my own arm.

Yak

I think I stopped playing doom in 1998. Still the same? No, ah well.
    IDKFA gets you all the guns. 🙂

Or was that for Quake??

squirrelking
    Free Member

That was Doom.

IDDQD
    IDSPISPOPD

Hardest was finding all areas, some of the switches on the first level are ridiculous to trip and involve some hefty sprinting to get to the hidden door.

Best weapon eva

Yak

Best weapon eva

certainly was. More finesse to it than the minigun or bfg.

Drac

I’m hoping the campaign does justice going to wait until it hits the bargain bin

allan23
    Free Member

Not sure yet, I loved the originals, Doom 3 was disappointing after the fun that was Halo. Creep about in the dark, something jumps out, die, reload, get ready for the thing that jumps out, repeat until bored.

I really wanted to like Wolfenstein on Xbox One too and found it much the same format.

First person shooters have improved with the Call of Duty Games and already mentioned Halo. If the new Doom is more like them I might try it, if it’s not then I’ll be playing Elder Scrolls Online for a bit longer.

SaxonRider

What the actual ****?!?

I don’t get video games. That just looks sickening to me. 😯

Drac

It’s not real.

SaxonRider

Thanks Drac. I still don’t get them.

seavers
    Free Member

What the actual ****?!?

I don’t get video games. That just looks sickening to me.

So that comment has me wanting to ask if you watch horror/action films?

redthunder
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSzYliSASKc[/video]

seosamh77
    Free Member

SaxonRider – Member
    What the actual ****?!?

A doom game needs to frighten you though, it was the biggest thing when you first played doom in the early 90s with headphones on, it scared the life out of ye! 🙂 Any doom game needs that shock factor.

I think this one looks magic, shame I’ve barely played a game in years mind. This could tempt me back mind!

molgrips
    Free Member

The point of doom is that it’s fast and furious – like one of those old arcade 2D shooters.

seavers
    Free Member

A doom game needs to frighten you though

This!! I want to buy this game but so far haven’t seen anything that makes me think it will. It looks fun to play but I want to fear for my digital life damn it!!

redthunder
    Free Member
    howsyourdad1
    Free Member

That looks utterly ridiculous . Take my money

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve just done about 4 hours on it. Haven’t played my ps4 for a long long time but this is making me want to switch it on all the time. I need a break as it’s manic !!

eshershore
    Free Member

I played the Beta for a few days and found it pretty fun

Looking forward to getting Doom off Steam in the near future and checking out the single player campaign

lowey

Looks ace. Like Drac.. I’ll wait till Steam have a sale weekend.

I thought Doom 3 was brilliant. PLayed in a darkened room with headphone on was a genuinely scary experience. Plus loved all the references to The Office.

Scamper
    Free Member

Takes me back. Remember uploading Ultimate (?) Doom onto the post grad pc’s at uni in 1994. Think there were 6 discs and took ages to load. Get to the end and you had to kill some big round furr ball?

SaxonRider

So that comment has me wanting to ask if you watch horror/action films?

Not really. Supernatural films, yes, like ghost-type films and some vampire films. The most violent thing I ever liked was probably ‘Dog Soldiers’. But that was definitely an exception.

Notter
    Free Member

Thread resurrection!

Picked Doom up yesterday and played about an hour of it last night, it’s really very good, easy to pick up and simple to blast the crap out of everything!! It’s the first FPS when I’ve managed to pull off a move that I’m still smiling about now, and this was in the first mission! Now I’m rubbish with FPS normally as I forget to keep moving (but enjoy them!) and if I can do that so early then it’s a winner!

Intuitive gameplay, amazing artwork and animation, very intense pace, in a nutshell it’s brill!

(I daren’t go online due to my previously mentioned static abilities, I’m any opponent’s bunny 🙂 )

deadkenny
    Free Member

I rarely play games these days, but always loved Doom 1 & 2 (don’t think I was that impressed by 3. Seemed more Half-Life / Quake, although I absolutely loved those, just I expect Doom to be manic arcade style bloodfest).

Anyway, I balk at game prices. £40. I’ve been burnt many times by high price games that turned out to be crap.

So… is there a trial version?

Checked it out on Steam but can’t see any option other than pay up in full. Also looks like there are additional costs (DOOM Season Pass pack, another £30. Is this required for multiplayer?)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i got metal gear solid phntm pain the the other day for 20 quid. its rubbish. Should i persevere or ditch it and get Doom?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Just in passing: it’s really well optimised – pc users shouldn’t write off older machines, it runs well on lower hardware and also scales really well with multicore CPUs.

Drac

Also looks like there are additional costs (DOOM Season Pass pack, another £30. Is this required for multiplayer?)

Season packs is a way to bulk buy future add ins cheap.

Intuitive gameplay

Back in 1994 it was.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’ll let you know my opinion on it when it’s come down the bit of wet string.

I’m excited. But somehow not very excited…yet. Honestly I had no idea it was this big, or indeed how much the connection I am using sucks. I think it would have been quicker to get someone I know to download it and post me the damn disc, even from the UK.

@deadkenny – yes there is a demo. Beware, it will make you purchase it, and you just missed a 50% off sale!

oink1
    Free Member

Wasted many hours of my life playing this on my x386. Happy days! 🙂

parkesie
    Free Member

Just bought this from the bargain bin. Fast paced manic violence punctuated with the odd room with armour and weapons to make you go shit all hell is about to break loose when i open that door.

Del

^ about sums it up! 😀
    got it as a freebie with a mobo i bought. have played it for a few hours but have other fish to fry currently. reckon it’s a belter for ‘grr i need to kill something TO DEATH’ moments. anger issues? moi?

AdamW
    Free Member

I bought it for the PS4 on Saturday as I wanted a good FPS. Great game, my only gripe is that after I put the disk in it *installed* 11GB and then had a 22GB patch to download!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

To be fair – you do actually want those highdef graphics don’t you? Or if you don’t you’re SOL anyway :/

My internet connection died last night, 20 minutes after I went to bed – only 57.1GB left now. Ooooh the anticipation :/

GregMay
    Free Member

One of the few times I wish I had a PC to play this on. No Mac port as of yet

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Can’t you dual-boot?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘DOOM’ is closed to new replies.