Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Don't you just love the unexpected?
  • cinnamon_girl

Been laid low with a miserableitis virus due to various factors together with physically being unable to ride. However I went for a wee pootle today and what did I see?

Twenty feet away was a handsome roebuck, resplendent with summer coat. We watched each other for a few moments and then continued with my ambling. At the end of the singletrack, what did I see? A beautiful roe deer with an adorable fawn. 8)

Fawn would have been a month old but there was only one, normally roe have two. All legs, staying very close to mum. Couldn’t believe my luck. 🙂

It put a smile on my face. 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Do you mean WCA and Elfin were out together?
    Glad you’re feeling better. 🙂

binners

You never have your gun on you, when you need it eh CG? You could have got all Sarah Palin on their asses and been feasting on venison for months 😉

Glad your feeling better chuck

Moses

Venison tonight?
    Bambi pie?

Pleased you enjoyed your pootle.

cinnamon_girl

I’m a rubbish shot binners! No problem with eating fur and feather either, much tastier than herds and flocks fed with goodness-knows what chemicals.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No problem with eating fur and feather either

Do you regurgitate little pellets like owls ?

cinnamon_girl

Do you regurgitate little pellets like owls ?

Only in private Ernie. 😉

billyboulders
    Free Member

Yep a fluffy baby animal on a ride always puts a smile on your face! No fawn for me but this little fella was standing accross the trail when I was up on Dartmoor on Monday. He moved by the time I had the camera out, luckily he had to stop and scratch his leg so I managed to get a pic 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I saw one in a field coming back into Aldershot last year. Doe and foal standing in the wide open, lit up in golden setting sunlight. Very pretty. No camera tho 🙂

stevomcd
    Free Member

Riding by Lake Garda a few weeks back. I dive down a steep wee section of singletrack. Mrsstevo decides to skip it and go round a double-track hairpin instead. Where she meets a wild boar. With babies. And she’s in between mother and wee ones.

Not an altogether pleasant surprise!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Don't you just love the unexpected?’ is closed to new replies.