Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Don't try this at home – if you have an Eiffel Tower…
  • timb34
    Free Member

Yikes.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdHD8ZCIC_M[/video]

nullpointer
    Free Member

Why do I keep watching these when they turn my stomach?!

Gary_M
    Free Member

I need to go for a lie down.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theflatboy
    Free Member

I saw that yesterday… crazy stuff. Do we think that the tracking shot at 3m49s is done with a drone?

It didn’t seem likely to me because of the at least intended covert approach they have to adopt, but I can’t see how else they would have done it? Any thoughts?

ads678

Mental!

theotherjonv

I love / hate these. I know he doesn’t fall, because you’d have heard about it and the camera survives to be uploaded; nonetheless my palms are wringing wet with sweat.

Do we think that the tracking shot at 3m49s is done with a drone?

Yes, but from the quality and cut it might not be their drone, might just have been lifted from someone else’s video; I didn’t see him in that segment.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Boke.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Couldn’t even watch that to the end. Why would you want to do that, I get the thrill and adrenaline etc but that really is a one false move = death scenario. And you come bouncing down the Eiffel Tower.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The CGI’s a bit rubbish innit, doesn’t even look real. 🙄

slowoldman

Obviously for the Mercan market. “Paris, France”.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That secured door sure opened easily….

piemonster

Nope nope nope nope nope nope

growinglad
    Free Member

Bit crazy, wind must be pretty strong up there. Surprised he hasn’t opened himself up to prosecution uploading that.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Phew! Not keen, sweaty palms now!
    I didn’t even like going up the tower in a lift! The tower itself looks quite rusty when you get up close.

theflatboy
    Free Member

growinglad – have a read of the description on the Youtube page, explains how it all panned out, sounds pretty intense (as if climbing in that sort of situation isn’t intense enough without the security / police getting involved!).

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

I just clicked on one where they climb a radio tower in Germany, much worse!

Incredible.

I have trouble getting up a ladder to clean out the guttering … and I live in a bungalow! 😳

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

out of all the videos I’ve seen of these that looks the easiest climb on the easiest building to climb. the head cam always makes it look more severe than it is, more vertigo than it is. yes, I know that sounds silly but the perspective it gives is quite tunnel where in reality our eyes see a wider view. Its the same on some of the red bull rampage footage. Doesn’t distract from the bravery/stupidity but just saying like. I still wouldn’t rush to do it.

JEngledow
    Free Member

I hate these videos for two reasons 1)I’m a massive pussy and don’t like heights and 2)part of my job involves managing a number of structures which people keep trying to climb (usually the first we know is when we get a link to the video) and its only a matter of time before some idiot falls off one 😐

jambalaya
    Free Member

Saw this yesterday and likewise as someone afraid of heights it turns my stomach to watch. This is a major safety issue as if he falls he could well kill someone on the ground too, then you have the family of those on the ground suing as the structure owners didn’t take sufficient precautions.

nullpointer
    Free Member
    avdave2

Why do none of these people ever seem to have their shoes done up properly?

jam-bo

going up is the easy bit, you never see them downclimbing..

gatsby
    Free Member

I’m trying to imagine the noise he would make if he fell… Sort of like the Eastenders closing music played on gongs…

jam-bo

it’d definitely be a double screamer.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Guys a little mummy love’d prick.
    Caused me no end of trouble on works we’ve had – he’s lucky it wasn’t me waiting for him at the bottom of the crane a while back….

franksinatra

very surprised that it was so easy for him to access what is a high profile terrorist target. I was there last year and they have airport style security with scanners etc yet he just strolled over and climbed the thing.

nullpointer
    Free Member

going up is the easy bit, you never see them downclimbing..

Funny you should say that

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH7bJAMLBYQ[/video]

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Don't try this at home – if you have an Eiffel Tower…’ is closed to new replies.