Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Don't slam the door on your way out, Tyson.
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Has there ever been a less deserving champion?
    I shan’t be sad to see the obnoxious idiot disappear.

Pigface
    Free Member

He obviously has mental health issues and possibly addiction issues. Don’t wish him ill but happy not to see him in a ring again.

MSP

His mental health and possible addiction issues seem to come from his ignorance, arrogance and success. It is harder to feel sympathy than it would be for someone who finds themselves in the same situation through desperation and hardship.

maccruiskeen

I don’t think mental health issues are all that choosy.

flange
    Free Member

I don’t think you need to be a particularly nice bloke to get in a ring and try to stove the other blokes face in. I also wonder if being slightly unhinged is a benefit – where some folks might stop punching, he just keeps going.

scuttler

Of course he’s going to disappear, until he comes back out of retirement for a cash/fame/notoriety/promoter/Rocky-boxset reasons. I’m not sure that he’s consulted far and wide and thought this one through properly.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I predict a channel 5 epic, ‘my big fat gypsy mental health issues’….

Toddboy
    Free Member

Of course he was going to retire. He would have been stripped of his titles anyway.

But, you’re right though, he hasn’t thought it through.

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah, depression, shame really. Easy fella to dislike from his public persona.
    Still one of the biggest sporting achievements by a Brit in recent years and I rate that, rather than his value as a celebrity.
    And for that, I call “sod off” to the OP. And how the f can he be “undeserving”? He beat Klitschko in the ring. Unlike a lot of champions getting handed a belt.

Good on Nathan Cleverly for winning the light heavy title on the weekend. Too many Briish fighters stepping up and losing at the mo. Good fight too, eh sasquatch? or were you too busy reading Hello! magazine to see it?

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Forgive me for having an opinion DezB, I’ll be sure to reach expert levels before commenting.
    By the way the Juncos are a down to earth family.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I’ll miss him in the ring, I really will. I’ve been following his rise for years and feel he’s a very underrated fighter, it’s no easy job to go and comprehensively beat a Klitschko in his own back yard. Was really looking forward to some big fights with him and Joshua being the standout.
    I actually met him just before his Chisora fight, we were in Euro Disney and bumped into him with his wife and kids. He took time to chat and get a photo and came across a decent family man who certainly wasn’t strutting around looking for recognition.
    I hope he gets his head straight, learns from his mistakes and makes a successful comeback.

Pigface
    Free Member

The Nathan Cleverly title is an odd interim one, good for him though winning a title back. He did take a beating a while back so has done well to come back.

DezB
    Free Member

Forgive me for having an opinion DezB

Just expressing mine in return honey-pie.

He did take a beating a while back so has done well to come back.

Yep, Clev’s always in good fights, so I like him. Did you see the Braemer fight? I got the feeling Braemer would actually be the one to come on stronger in the later rounds.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Clev’s always in good fights,

Assume you never saw the bellow rematch then?

As for fury, good riddance. Although hes probably just spouting rubbish as usual. Shame as i would have loved to see AJ spark him out in under 3.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Just expressing mine in return honey-pie.

Opinion is fine, little personal digs are best left in the playground.

DezB
    Free Member

Shame as i would have loved to see AJ spark him out in under 3.

Instead AJ’s got to take Joseph Parker out in 1 for the title 😆

scuttler

Apparently he’s changed his mind. Whodathunkit? A similar U-turn happened yesterday when negotiating dinner with our two-year old.

MSP

Apparently telling the boxing authorities to suck cock was all a ruse to expose the media.

Hahahaha u think you will get rid of the GYPSYKING that easy!!! I’m here to stay. #TheGreatest just shows u what the Medea are like. Tut tut

He probably believes it 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

He’s certainly got some issues 😆

Garry_Lager

Looks like he’s got substantial PED issues to negotiate. I suspect these can be dealt with in boxing at his level.

DezB – Member

Yep, Clev’s always in good fights, so I like him. Did you see the Braemer fight? I got the feeling Braemer would actually be the one to come on stronger in the later rounds. I thought Braemer was easily in charge and Cleverly not troubling him. Reasonable to think that Braemer might have wilted in the second half as the younger man turned it up, but I didn’t see many signs that that was about to happen.
    Not seen a stoppage like that before – he seemed very calm about it. Anyhow, bit of luck for Cleverly so good on him.

Rematch seems right as they are decently matched – Cleverly shouldn’t be going near the other belt holders in the division.

ads678

If Fury beat Klitschko in a rematch i’ll say fair enough, he deserves it. But as it stands he seemingly beat a bloke who didn’t prepare for a fight properly. Bit like when Rahman beat Lewis, then got pummeled in the rematch.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Oops.

Appears he’s not retiring after all, was just having a bit of a giggle….

theotherjonv

The comments about this guy’s clear struggles with mental health issues just shows how low the standard of some posters on STW have got. It’s been going downhill for along time but i think this is the final straw. I don’t think I’ll be coming back.

theotherjonv

And you can **** my **** if you don’t like it.

ads678

You are theothertysonf and I claim my £5!!

theotherjonv

*only joking*

Seriously, seems to me he could be a pretty good boxer given the right leadership but his ‘issues’ seem to mean that the right kind of management and trainer stay away or aren’t considered by him. Sure, we want personalities but his is beyond that, if the rough edges could be smoothed off, leave the feistiness but remove the unacceptable parts he’d be a great draw.

ctk
    Free Member

I like him, or probably more acurately I am entertained by him. He gets right on peoples tits (like some boxers always have) but in a new interesting way. And he beat Klitchko no mean feat. Hope he fights again and at his best. For the first time in ages heavyweight was looking interesting. I’d love to see AJ vs Haye, Klit vs Fury and then the winners against each other.

jimjam
    Free Member

Was he homophobic bible basher before he had mental health issues ? Maybe getting punched in the head for a living isn’t the best career choice for someone with mental health problems.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Appears he’s not retiring after all, was just having a bit of a giggle….

Best flounce, EVER!

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I know he’s made some pretty offensive/dubious statements over the years, but think you’ve got to take them with a pinch of salt. Boxing is essentially getting paid to take punches to the face; the end goal being to get in, make as much money as possible, try and create a legacy, and then get out before you suffer any long term effects. As such, a lot of boxers adopt a persona similar to WWE characters, as ultimately they need to maximise PPV sales. Malignaggi’s done a few interviews on the subject. Tyson doesn’t genuinely believe 90% of the comments he makes – it’s all publicity. Not excusing it, but you can understand why he makes such comments – it’s to set him apart from the rest of the heavyweights by playing the Pantomime villain.

Re: his current status – he’s clearly suffering from a few mental health issues, and just needs to be given time and space to recover, like any other human.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

He beat Klitschko in the ring.

I’ll await the nadrolone test outcome before declaring that one too loudly. If he fails I suspect he’d be stripped of the belt and the victory nullified surely?

wrecker
    Free Member

Strange one, Fury. I quite like his antics, winding up opponents with irreverence. The “you got beat by a fat bloke” before grabbing a handful of blubber and waving it around did make me laugh.
    On the other hand, he’s a misogynistic, homophobic bigot.
    We all have our good and bad points I suppose.

DezB
    Free Member

Anyone remember Tony Ayala Jr (from the ’80s)? You don’t have to like a boxer to find him exciting to watch! Ayala was a complete psycho.

BoardinBob

I’ll see your Ayala and raise you an Ike

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ike_Ibeabuchi

DezB
    Free Member

Yeah! Want to see the Tua fight now!

I’ve got some Ayala fights on video – he knocks one guy down then actually spits on him 😯

BoardinBob

Back when heavyweights actually fought instead of spoiling

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-CSlLh3uKs[/video]

salad_dodger

That was one hell of a fight! Incredible. Judges watched a different fight to the one I did though.

wrecker
    Free Member

Back when heavyweights actually fought instead of spoiling

Makes me sad. WTF happened to heavyweight boxing?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Tony Ayala, Jr – was a convicted rapist and repeat sexual assault offender of young woman / girls.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Ayala was a bad egg no doubt

Ike makes Fury look sane. What happened to his comeback?

I could tolerate Fury* if he was reasonably exciting to watch but hes not, hes horrifically boring inside the ring and I still think hes massively overated. Hes had one good performance ever, against a Wlad who lets face it, was absolutely dire.

*although his homophobic comments are bang out of line

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Don't slam the door on your way out, Tyson.’ is closed to new replies.