Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • dont read this PP – STW Bitter drinkers.. help me
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

whats a nice bitter i can buy for a certain forumite as way of saying thank you for helping get mrsconsequence’s bike back to a sexy state?

i dont really drink so have no idea whats good and whats not!

thanks guys 🙂

crikey
    Free Member

Go to Aldi, seriously, and buy one each of the bitters in bottles that they sell.

Landlord, Badger, etc,.

I recommend Aldi because they were 99p a bottle, so you could get a few.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bitter and twisted

binners

Scruttocks old nob-pickler or Testiclons premium beard cheese

OrangeAnimal
    Free Member

Timothy Taylors Landlord

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Copper Dragon Golden Pippin
    Daleside Blond

cinnamon_girl

Thought PP preferred lager no?

GRAEMEJONES

Another vote for Aldi, if they have any left, The Badger Brewery, Hopping Hare goes down very well. 😉

singletrackmind

Nope PP is a Hogs Back fan .
    Suggest a visit to Tongham , or most supermarkets sell HBB bottles .
    Its not as nice as it once was now its filtered and pastuerised / artificially gasssed .
    Or buy a decent home brew kit from brupaks or a load of bits and bobs from the home brew shoppe in North Camp perhaps?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

BUT PAINT “BADGER” OVER THE “Tesco Value” BIT.

OK PHILLY?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If he likes the Hogs Back stuff, see if you can find a BSA.

I buy one whenever I see it, for sentimental reasons relating to the Burma Star. It’s lovely, too!

Pyro

Meantime brewery, try their Chocolate ale or London Porter.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Ov think Pete prefers larger to.

philconsequence
    Free Member

he said bitter in an email 🙂

thanks everyone! think i know what i’m after now… used to love the Hogs back ‘TEA’ when i was younger, went on a tour there with some friends many years ago.

figured there had to be a bitter that isnt john smiths or hoffmeister but my mind was drawing a complete blank 😳

NJA

Currently Morrisons have Ruddles County for £1 per bottle – a true bargain which will impress.

binners

So that’s how you afford a car with heated mirrors!

philconsequence
    Free Member

😆

HOW THE OTHER HALF LIVE?!!!

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’ve heard good things about Badgers Flange and Wytches Bunghole. Twatfazzocks Golden Gusset is a particular fave.

cinnamon_girl

Maybe it’s lager that MrP brews? Apologies for any wrong information!

All this talk about beer … and tonight I have just opened a bottle of Bath Ales ‘Wild Hare’. Yep, that’s the correct spelling (for those who have the misfortune to know me) 😉

Cheers. 8)

scaredypants

Twatfazzocks Golden Gusset

Bit yeasty

rob-jackson
    Free Member
    TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil – Not got a clue about this post but I reckon I’ll be coming down to Swinley with company on Saturday if you’re about for a ride?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oooh…I bin pwned by binners. Bastid.

philconsequence
    Free Member

what time on saturday mr yeti? should i alert the rest of Team Slomosexual?

(i hope you’re not planning on bringing fast riders, i’m incredibly out of practice)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nooo… super novice rider, but I’m filling them with Awesome especially. Timing is TBC.

philconsequence
    Free Member

sounds positively delightful 😀 i’m in! dont worry about meeting up in didcot then if i’m seeing you on saturday, 2 encounters in a week might leave me too charged up with static electricity from your fur, dont want to go electrocuting childs faces now.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Look out for any 5%+ IPA usually nice and hoppy, otherwise Rev James, Timothy Taylor Landlord, some people prefer blonde ales others darker ones, or if your like me I like a variety. Good job my local has from 5 to 9 real ales on sometimes 11. Happy supping 😀

Anna-B
    Free Member

PP likes real ale… I know cos I have been advised by the lovely Mrs PP following work on my bike also! I think I bought him a selection from Waitrose, but I heard he also likes the M & S range 🙂

alpin
    Free Member

mmmm… proper beer

all i’ve got is bavarian grog.

Tegernseer Dunkel is pretty good, though.

philconsequence
    Free Member

all sorted, a trip to ze shops just now has resulted in some delightfully uneducated beers purchasing 😀

cheers everyone, i knew this would be a good place to ask!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘dont read this PP – STW Bitter drinkers.. help me’ is closed to new replies.