Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Don't push me cos I'm close to the eeeeeee-dge
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

I’m trying not to lose my bike!

Si6 by simon ralli, on Flickr

11th Dec by simon ralli, on Flickr

Si3 by simon ralli, on Flickr

Si2 by simon ralli, on Flickr

IMG_2576 by simon ralli, on Flickr

Great ride at Ae with Davy G and Trekster. How full was the car park? Never seen so many people there, I thought I must have been transported to Glentress.

Loving the new Bran Burn Bash – very fast and twisty and bermy – but just needs a final berm instead of that flat corner!

And also no idea what my expression was like going down Omega Man as some kids on their jump bikes shouted “Watch out for that gap!” 🙂

Great ride, great company and surprisingly good weather really.

theboatman
    Free Member

Did you take enough kit with you?

Spin
    Free Member

Leave the man alone, he’s having fun.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scaredypants

needs a vid with one of your unmissable covers – of GMFlash, of course

sc-xc

Good grief Simon. Is that extra winter layers or a few months of good livin’?

😉

jameso

10/10 for looking like you’re enjoying it!

meehaja
    Free Member

I did Ae one tuesday in March a year or two back. I was 3/4 of the way round when I realised that my pump was presta only, my spare tube was schraeder and I had no puncture repair kit.

I didn’t get any punctures and I had the trail to myself all day, but that did freak me out a little in that whole “no one knows I’m here, I have no reception on my phone and no spare tube” way.

Looks like a beautiful day, I’ll have to get up there again asap!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah – I was a bit chilly but plenty of riders there just in base and mid layers! As Davy-G said – its a better day than the whole of summer!

The northshore was a bit dicy though – starts off with chicken wire then you ride around a corder to be confronted with no wire and solid ice. Managed not to end up in the gloop tho.

I guess my rucksack looks a lot bigger with the cover on – I just likje to keep things dry and clean – can’t argue with that really? 🙂

pitduck
    Free Member

my god (note small g) do we have to wear boatman approved bags now 😯

elaineanne
    Free Member

is that bike too small for you….

brakes
    Free Member

it’s like a jungle sometimes it makes me wonder
    how you keep from going under
    uhuh huh huh

simonralli2
    Free Member

Elaine

I thought myself looking at the photos but it is very much the right size. Must just be the angle of photo or maybe my glowing aura making me look bigger than I am 🙂

Also, John discovered that my seat post although in theory the right size, was in fact just a tad too small, and I think the seat may have been a tad lower than I normally ride it with.

Trekster

sc-xc – Member

Extra layers. Simon is just back from Brazil having been there for 6mths. He is feeling the cold 😕 As is Rob who runs the bike shop at Ae. He is just back from touring Peru, Mexico and other very warm places.

pitduck – Member
    my god (note small g) do we have to wear boatman approved bags now

`twas wet & muddy. Simon was just wanting to keep his bag clean 💡

simonralli2
    Free Member

Heh – a mix of extra layers, plus a few additional pounds due to me not getting out much as I’ve been writing, and the love of a good woman! 🙂

vancoughcough
    Free Member

interestung fact about dont push me, im close to the edge, the message…

It doesn’t have grandmaster flash on it, most of the tracks attributed to him dont feature much or any of him..

it was grandmaster melle mel and the furious five…

simonralli2
    Free Member

Funny that because he wasn’t on the tracks at Ae either!

😮

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Don't push me cos I'm close to the eeeeeee-dge’ is closed to new replies.