Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Don't panic… Everything is groovy at Charlie The Bikemonger (pugsley content)
  • charliedontsurf

Don’t panic…

We have had a call from a concerned customer, who thought we may have gone!

Wanna stop any rumours and let you guys know we are still here purveying damned fine one speed and 29er malarkey.

You see we are migrating our webshop to a new home, so charliethebikemonger.com is currently going through the change and is down and out for a few days.

[/b]Bikemonger.co.uk is already up and running.
    BIKEMONGER.co.uk

But if you fancy a rumour, I would hate to let you down… I am going to cycle the Dorset Desert know as Chessil Beach. Yeah right… but seriously.

I wanted the surly pugsley so I can get remote and “out there”, but where can i find a desert round here..? then it dawned on me… Chesil Beach: 18 miles of shingle, water on both sides, no shade, no drinking water, no protection from anything, and frequented by dodgy old smugglers and bearded bandits. Right on our doorstep….. c’mon, set tyre pressure to 7 psi, loads of water, some merlot, fish rod, and maybe some new titanium cooking kit.

[url=http://bikemonger.co.uk]Bikemonger.co.uk is already up and running[/url]null

rOcKeTdOg

I got lost on chesil beach once

charliedontsurf

LOL… are you kidding?

I have a contingency plan… if I get stranded and need to escape… I can float the pugsley across “the fleet” back to the mainland.

billyboy
    Free Member

I hate to introduce doubts into your mind about this proposed trip across the gravel beach Charlie, but do you realise that there are no pubs on that route for you to stop at?

rOcKeTdOg

😉

andyl
    Free Member

Made my 1st order from you the other day and was chuffed when it was through my door the next morning (sat) as I thought I was going to have to wait until after the weekend to finish my build (all for a silly little tensioner spring and half link I couldn’t get locally).

Not tried any steep hills on my SS yet though so the jury is still out!

cynic-al
    Free Member

The sand is less beige these days as that pic was taken in the 70s.

Seriously though, fine spamming Sir, si could learn a lot.

charliedontsurf

I will construct my own pub from drift wood, sleep on a bed to dead seagulls and maybe make pretty locals from flotsam and stuff. Can I brew something from mackerel inards?

trail_rat
    Free Member

endos/larrys isnt so good on shingle 🙁

i went looking round loch lihnne for sand and only found gravel/shingle/pebbles and small bits of sand -rocked on sand sucked on stones !

it excelled at north shore and board walk at 8psi though – was like being on rails !

thepurist

Can I brew something from mackerel inards?

There’s always Baldrick’s fine wine…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Watch out for the swans!

charliedontsurf

mmmm swans, don’t they just taste great.

charliedontsurf

andyl… you will love SS… and hey, that’s one more of us and one less of them.
    C

13thfloormonk

Oi! Mr Monger, is your email down or you just ignoring me? 8) (surname Ezzi…)

DrP

Oi charlie – I convinced my missus to let me out to ride to your shop..on the few days a few weeks ago you were at some show of some sorts! Alas, turned left and took the chain ferry back!
    The way I see it, you owe me a big dummy or something…!

DrP

coastkid
    Free Member

This sounds like fun… though would recommend gears…you want mega low gears to ride shingle, mind and take a camera to film your wee trip 😮

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Don't panic… Everything is groovy at Charlie The Bikemonger (pugsley content)’ is closed to new replies.