Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • Don't Order a Mojito
  • PiknMix
    Free Member

PIna Colager (which I’m not 100% sure of the spec, but IPA + malibu + pineapple + lime, I think).

You filthy animal, do people actually buy that?

molgrips
    Free Member

Well, felix, I’d pay you a visit, but I’m teetotal so it’d be lost on me.

Harry_the_Spider

I like your shoes Felix.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

PIna Colager

*like* 😀

Cougar

PIna Colager

That sounds rank (but then I cannot abide Malibu), but I doff my hat to you for the name. I’d have been proud of that one.

Cougar

Jinx.

fin25
    Free Member

I’m going down that London next weekend, might give you a visit…

Do you do mild?

peterfile
    Free Member

felix, I just clicked that link to your FB page, we have some mutual friends, they’re all in the same trade.

DaRC_L

Beergroni or the PIna Colager

Hmm I think the pub landlord would have some choice words on those combo’

Northwind

As a joke I was going to say pint sized cocktail = cheeky vimto. But then I checked and it turns out people actually do consider a pint of cheeky vimto to be a legit cocktail. So then I tried the same with turboshandy. Yup, same thing.

Next you’ll be telling me that buying a 3 litre bottle of white lightning and a half bottle of grants vodka from Spar, necking some of the cider then pouring the voddy into it is a cocktail. Shider vodka pleash barman, shaken not schtirred. No, don’t shake it, it’kk eckshplode

(for the correct ambiance, drink it while sat on a burned out nova)

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Jus’ clicked through to see the last page of this, from the top of the first…

WT actual F…?

This place is w.e.i.r.d at times

I’m guessing we can now add

#pretentious
    #bellend

to the list of STW tropes: #audi, #IT, #middle-management; #orange5; #wood-burner; #lefty

I would probably hit a few of those at least! 😀

Cougar

Summary,

1) STW assembles to mock a man they don’t know based on an online article which presented him as a bit of a pretentious arse.

2) Said arse turns out to be a forum member, good humoured and probably not an arse after all.

3) STW coughs, looks at its shoes and then pretends to hear its mother calling.

fin25
    Free Member

All I wanted was a pint of mild.
    Without Malibu in it…

milko9000
    Free Member

“New on the menu: House Mojito: Bourbon, mint, sugar syrup all mixed up with crushed ice. Refreshing and delicious.”

teehee!

molgrips
    Free Member

He should’ve called it the STW.

Cougar

Joking aside,

There’s a reason classic cocktails have endured. I’m all for trying new approaches and “we’ve always done it this way” is the worst reason to do anything, but that implies that there’s something wrong with, say, an old fashioned Old Fashioned. And that’s just fallacious.

Making a good quality classic cocktail is just as much of a skill as making something new, a fact sadly lost in a lot of chains who think they can throw some fruit juice and Tesco Value spirits in a glass and call it a margarita. There is definitely room for both.

I’m far from a cocktail expert, but I have a friend who is competition-winningly good with them. His blog’s well worth a read: http://sybarwand.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Cocktails

piemonster

2) Said arse turns out to be a forum member, good humoured and probably not an arse after all.

This bits a surprise to no one

Sundayjumper

I’d hope their hourly wage is more than the price of one of his cocktails.

But it’s probably not.

felixcohen
    Free Member

@sundayjumper wages vary, and are topped up with service charge (something I’m personally not very down with, but unfortunately I have to coexist with the restaurant). But starting at 8.50/hr, up to 10.50/hr, and most of the staff get £1-2/hr top up with service charge.

We’re considering dropping the service charge and bumping our prices so we can guarantee our staff a higher wage, but the staff will get final say on that.

scandal42
    Free Member

2) Said arse turns out to be a forum member

That only uses the classified section to shift bike frames that sound like cocktails.

felixcohen
    Free Member

To be fair, I have bought some stuff on the forums too 🙂

llama

What whisky makes the best manhatten then?

do you do yours otr or straight?

and could I have an extra cherry?

40mpg

Can you do me an Orange Crush? With Bloody Mary bars?
    Or a Cove Long Slow Screw Against The Wall?
    Santa Cruz Highball maybe?

(This thread actually gave me a headache trying not to laugh in the office)

bigblackshed

Well, the first mistake was talking to a Vice “journalist”………

moose
    Free Member

Hang about, you faux **** hipster douche. I’ll walk right into your bar stare you in the eye and order a Mojito. Why? Well, first you’ve told me not too, so unless you somehow think I give a **** about what you say, you can go **** yourself. Two; I quite **** like Mojitos, so get your **** shake on and serve me my **** drink you ponce.

matt_outandabout

That just escalated.

moose
    Free Member

Haha. I forgot to add smileys!

peterfile
    Free Member

Hang about, you faux **** hipster douche. I’ll walk right into your bar stare you in the eye and order a Mojito. Why? Well, first you’ve told me not too, so unless you somehow think I give a **** about what you say, you can go **** yourself. Two; I quite **** like Mojitos, so get your **** shake on and serve me my **** drink you ponce.

Jesus christ. Are you for real?

I think you could probably do with laying off the booze mate.

🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Don't Order a Mojito’ is closed to new replies.