Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Don't Order a Mojito
  • Harry_the_Spider

😀

tomhoward

Sudocreme was post-hack.

I know, I didnt laugh as hard, or as long at that one though.

Spin
    Free Member

20% if you posted in this thread

Do you do mail order? I’m in Inverness and can’t get a Mohito for love nor money. 🙂

kimbers

Molecular mixologist my arse, work in a molecular biology lab and at best you’re working and order above molecular

That said, top bloke for being an stwer and defending yourself, and doing a job you believe in

It’s also true I’ve had many, many more irritating conversations about cycling in bars, with some right ****

Infact my lab isn’t a million miles away from the Manhattan’s project, but we are mostly real ale, craft beer hipster types and I also wear my hair in a high pony day to day, so erm yeah, might have a team outing to this Manhattan’s project

Cougar

I’m in Inverness and can’t get a Mohito for love nor money.

Count yourself lucky. I’m in Accrington and we don’t have either of those things.

Bregante

Count yourself lucky. I’m in Accrington

tbh, you didn’t need to add anything else.

Cougar

Good point, well made.

theotherjonv

I love cocktails. Trouble is, having been brought up on pints I gauge my intake through volume; as a consequence most cocktail nights I’ve been to usually end up with me staggering home about 30 minutes after arriving.

Do you do any that can be drunk in pint qtys that wouldn’t involve the loss of all control over bodily functions, or run up a debt to shame a small country?

And if you can get down to Woking or Guildford by train I’ll pick you up and show you around the decent trails near Swinley that aren’t Swinley. And rather than a bar tab, I’ll settle for a pint afterwards.

tomhoward

Do you do any that can be drunk in pint qtys that wouldn’t involve the loss of all control over bodily functions, or run up a debt to shame a small country?

Lager top?

theotherjonv

That’s not a cocktail, that’s a strong shandy.

tomhoward

That’s not a cocktail, that’s a strong shandy.

Play on an old joke.

southern yuppie type goes into a glasweigan pub..
    ‘I’ll have a lager top, please.’

gruff glasweigan landord..
    ‘We donnay do cocktails…’

Cougar

I love cocktails. Trouble is,

Trouble is, many “cocktail bars” charge silly money for half a pint of fruit juice with homeopathic amounts of alcohol.

Niche aside, I’d cheerfully pay good money for proper cocktails made by people who know what they’re doing.

martinhutch

£1 from each drink goes to the Anthony Nolan blood cancer charity. Of course, I OKed it with him first—he thinks it’s hilarious.

That must’ve taken some doing. Seance?

tomhoward

Trouble is, many “cocktail bars” charge silly money for half a pint of fruit juice with homeopathic amounts of alcohol

This. I want my cocktail to be a shit ton of booze with just enough flavouring to stop it tasting like avgas.

Long island iced tea is a favourite *hic* 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

Hey Felix, make me a ****ing MOHEETOW!!!
    Joking! fair play for chipping in and taking it all so well.

theotherjonv

I’d cheerfully pay good money for proper cocktails made by people who know what they’re doing.

I think you’ll find that’s what they call a ‘Mixologist’

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Should’ve opened with the ‘No Tories’ rule 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Gawd you lot.

You just hate anyone with a bit of flavour and spike about them dontcha…

I think he has a point, a point well made and yes I’d go and share a cocktail over there..

Ro5ey
    Free Member

What I wanna know is Felix really your name ?

Are you sure you haven’t made it up ?

squirrelking
    Free Member

£1 from each drink goes to the Anthony Nolan blood cancer charity. Of course, I OKed it with him first—he thinks it’s hilarious.
    That must’ve taken some doing. Seance?

Probably not, it was John Underwood that was being referred to. Do try to keep up at the back 😛

Thread of the night BTW, one of many pretentious arseholes turns out to be a cocktail bartender, couldn’t make it up… 😉

jamj1974

Good comeback from Mr Cohen!

piemonster

I actually read the article as a bit of a light hearted piss take

coolhandluke
    Free Member

It’s a wind up. Bellends like that would have been rubbed out before achieving bartender age, surely.

BillMC

It’s weird being hard-left wing in a luxury industry but I try my hardest.

How much do you pay your bar staff then?

senorj

Apart from disagreeing about Mojito’s , I’m with Felix.
    Bravo chap.
    What day is your day off? 😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

This thread just shows how provincial most of you are with a guillable attitude to how media/journalism works. 🙄
    Might pop in with the lady and order an old fashioned and a martini, if you can’t do the basics well…. 😉

BenjiM

Count yourself lucky. I’m in Accrington

tbh, you didn’t need to add anything else.[/quote]

At least you’re not in Oswaldtwistle!

mboy
    Free Member

When you click open a harmless looking singletrackworld thread to glaze over for a moment whilst sat on the bog, and then 45 minutes later you’re still crying and you’re late for work!

Oops 😳

molgrips
    Free Member

Quality STW moment, well done everyone 🙂

However

And we *are* called Manhattans Project

Anyone else think that’s in poor taste?

perchypanther
    Free Member

And we *are* called Manhattans Project
    Anyone else think that’s in poor taste?

I am become “mixologist”. The destroyer of pints.

AlexSimon

Fantastic bit of morning reading – thank you everyone!

Northwind

Manhattans Project is a great name. Split the beer atom!

I think bad taste would be complaining about the name, while living in a nuclear armed state, tbh 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

I am become “mixologist”. The destroyer of pints.

That, on the other hand, was funny.

Cougar

At least you’re not in Oswaldtwistle!

Ozzy would be an upgrade.

Actually, Beirut would be an upgrade.

Clobber
    Free Member

They cost more than a quid each!!!!!??!

felixcohen
    Free Member

Re the name being in bad taste…I do hear where you’re coming from. I’ve had lots of chats with people wiser and more right on than me about it. We’re not celebrating the Manhattan Project in any way (unlike, say Death Row Dinners), it’s just a pun on the drink name (bear in mind this was originally just supposed to be my blog about Manhattans in london) that’s got a bit out of hand. We do not endorse nuclear war!

felixcohen
    Free Member

@kimber the molecular mixology ‘thing’ comes from molecular gastronomy (ie Heston etc). I do get to play with a lot of acids/enzymes/rotovap, and I’m saving up for a centrifuge, but yep, not trying to pretend I’m a biochemist.

felixcohen
    Free Member

For those of you looking for pint size cocktails that don’t blow the bank, there’s always the Beergroni (pint of decent IPA with a shot of campari and a shot of sweet vermouth) or the PIna Colager (which I’m not 100% sure of the spec, but IPA + malibu + pineapple + lime, I think).

felixcohen
    Free Member

Surely someone can lay into me for running 1×10 with a chain device or something worthwhile, anyway 😉 https://instagram.com/p/3l3LOYk8i5

perchypanther
    Free Member

We do not endorse nuclear war!

…..but we do recommend you try the “Global Thermonuclear Apocalypse”
    It’s one part Russian vodka, two parts American Cream Soda with an Israeli fig, served in a China teacup and accompanied by a Syrian hamster. All over I.S. 😯

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Don't Order a Mojito’ is closed to new replies.