Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Don't miss the chance to have your say – MTB survey closing Monday
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Cycling UK and Open MTB’s survey on UK riding habits has already had a huge response, but I’m sure some of you haven’t got round to doing it yet.

The results of this will provide the most comprehensive data ever gathered on where and why people are riding in the UK. We hope it will be useful in future access negotiations.

Closing Monday – so don’t miss out on having your say – and there’s an iPad Mini for one lucky punter…

http://www.cyclinguk.org/offroad-survey

orangeboy
    Free Member

Is admitting to the large amoun of cheeky trail I ride a good thing

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes absolutely.

We hope to demonstrate that current access rights don’t reflect usage, and that riding on footpaths isn’t really causing any problems.

🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

bump

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Done.

tish
    Free Member

Done

johnw1984
    Free Member

Ohh, I didn’t see this until now. Just done it 🙂

Spin
    Free Member

Bit difficult to answer some of that if you live in Scotland.

hairyscary

Done, and that has just emphasised how important mountain biking is in my life.

…..agreed about the Scotland thing.

Junkyard
    Free Member

done

mucker

Questions with where I’ve to assign numerical value do not work for me and life is to short for that. I’m oot.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Questions with where I’ve to assign numerical value do not work for me and life is to short for that. I’m oot.

Live a little..

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks to those of you who have spared the time, you’ve helped get us past a very big milestone figure yesterday.

🙂

Keep ’em coming, only a few days left now. Please share in any MTB-related groups you are a member of.

newsfromthefront
    Free Member

Done

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

done

richmtb

I just answered Other “Why can’t the rest of the UK have access like Scotland seems daft they don’t!

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes, please stick with it Scots folk.

I’m particularly interested to see how some of the experiences compare between Scotland and England/Wales.

Better not elaborate though as I don’t want to steer responses in any way.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Done

psycorp
    Free Member

How many responses have there been?

Just interested.

greyspoke
    Free Member

I have mentioned this on here before, and directly to OpenMTB. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU. I got a response from Cycling UK which told me nothing more that is apparent from the website and facebook page, which are completely insufficient.

I am a member of Cycling UK (in fact, the family is) and support their activities. I wish they would get more involved in off-road matters. But linking up with an alleged organisation that is as lacking in transparency and accountabilty as “OpenMTB” simply detracts from the message.

So chakaping, I would be really interested to hear how OpenMTB is constituted and who it represents.

tjagain

somewhat daft survey of which much is unanswerable if you live in scotland.

chakaping
    Free Member

I would be really interested to hear how OpenMTB is constituted and who it represents.

I’m not the man to give you the answer you seek TBH, as I’m not involved at committee level. I’ll pass your comment on though as I agree they should have a bit more info “out there”.

somewhat daft survey of which much is unanswerable if you live in scotland.

Thanks TJ, good to have your positive attitude back on the forum.

😉

ninfan
    Free Member

. (deleted, not worth getting into an argument over)

Miguelo

done

trusmadoor
    Free Member

“I have mentioned this on here before, and directly to OpenMTB. WHO THE HELL ARE YOU. I got a response from Cycling UK which told me nothing more that is apparent from the website and facebook page, which are completely insufficient.”

Perhaps it’s your tone Greyspoke?

chakaping
    Free Member

How many responses have there been?

We have passed 11,000 this evening.

😀

greyspoke
    Free Member

(edited)
    Thanks chakaping, we’ll see what happens.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Again, if you live in Scotland the survey really doesn’t work. Several of the questions have no possible answer bu the survey requires one so I just hit a random button. I’m not sure what you can deduce from that data…

ninfan
    Free Member

Borselbrus, would you care to mention which questions couldn’t be answered regards Scotland?

MrOvershoot

Done

Spin
    Free Member

which questions couldn’t be answered regards Scotland?

The ones where the options were things like footpath, bridleway etc. Not designations that carry much meaning in Scotland.

Spin
    Free Member

Thanks TJ, good to have your positive attitude back on the forum.

He’s right though. It doesn’t say the survey is just for England but lots of it is unanswerable for Scottish riders.

ninfan
    Free Member

The ones where the options were things like footpath, bridleway etc. Not designations that carry much meaning in Scotland.

But they weren’t the only options were they? Lots of mentions of “undesignated trails” and “shared use trails” – i didn’t see any questions where the only option was footpath or bridleway (and the one question what would change for you if cycling on public footpaths was legal had a “nothing” option) – and even then you’re just assuming that nobody in Scotland ever rides in England, Wales or NI, surely?

epicyclo

Spin – Member

It was, but for the sake of you lot I completed it.

What were all those trails they were talking about? RoW – is that one of your muddy lanes where you need floaties of a wet day? 🙂

The final insult was they had every ethnic group but freckled Scottish.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks Epicyclo.

I’m not saying it works perfectly for Scotland. We considered a few different ways of doing it but in the end they were either too complicated for the survey software, would have made the experience intolerably long or would have messed up the results for England and Wales.

So it seemed best to let Scots supply answers in relation to their riding UK-wide, if that makes sense.

Anyway, please don’t think that we didn’t give any thought to Scotland. It probably caused me more headaches than anything else in the survey.

Trekster

So it seemed best to let Scots supply answers in relation to their riding UK-wide, if that makes sense.

💡

Living in Southern Scotland it easier to ride in England(and Wales this year)than trundle away up to the Highlands. 5hrs to Fort William, 2or3 gets me to the Lakes & North Yorks 😀

burko73

Bump

epicyclo

chakaping – Member
    Thanks Epicyclo.

I’m not saying it works perfectly for Scotland…

I think most of us worked that out, but by completing we help you folk push for access rights like ours, and if that can be achieved it will be great. Good luck with it.

chakaping
    Free Member

Living in Southern Scotland it easier to ride in England(and Wales this year)than trundle away up to the Highlands. 5hrs to Fort William, 2or3 gets me to the Lakes & North Yorks

I was thinking of you Dumfriesians as it happens.

🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Final bump – 2hrs left

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Don't miss the chance to have your say – MTB survey closing Monday’ is closed to new replies.