Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Don't make me go 650b … !! … can't find a 150mm 26" frame anywheres … !!
  • lucabazooka
    Free Member

The search for a 150mm/160mm 26″ frame is almost exhausted!

Something of reasonable weight & design is proving impossible to find!

Clearly – there are plenty of reasonably priced 650b options!…….

With a quiver of 26″ bikes and life’s supply of High Rollers … I just can’t allow myself to go down the slightly larger wheel route!

Anybody seen any frame/complete offers about for 26″ers ?

Enduro/Stumpy Evo/Trek Slash/Mojo HD 160 etc?

piesoup
    Free Member

I know of a 2007 Enduro Pro Carbon for sale…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If you own a quiver you deserve all you get….

Last of the old nomads? Rocky Mtn Slayer?

rob2
    Free Member

Liteville 301 from Bromley Bikes (if they still have them on offer?). Light, good design, tapered steerer etc.

Can just about take a 650b in the back too if need be.

I have one and I’m very pleased with it !

iolo
    Free Member

Look for a 2nd hand 2006 S works Enduro frame.
    You can pick them up for next to nothing and just keep on going.

ThePinkster

Is the Titus El Guapo still 26″?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

+1 for Liteville 301

cloudnine
    Free Member

Pivot mach 5.7

Wozza
    Free Member

Northwest MTB have a Tracer 2 for £1400ish.

lucabazooka
    Free Member

Yes, I had seen that Enduro frameset!!

Struggling on the sizing to be honest….have migrated from a 585mm EFT to a 602 EFT….so somewhere between a medium and large…

Pivot 5.7 have sold out and I’m not sure how the geom would stack up with a set of 160mm Pikes. Still like the Meta AM but it’s too heavy really.

daver27
    Free Member
    scruff
    Free Member

Try the French, Alltricks.fr had a few bargain Santa Cruzis’s.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Leisure lakes have at least two 26″ yeti sb66 bikes / frames.

chillidave
    Free Member

El Guapo would be perfect with the pikes.

Leku
    Free Member

http://www.biketart.com/350726/products/yeti-sb66-alu-frame-ctd-shock-yellow.aspx?origin=pla?kwd=&gclid=CKOwuYWNnL4CFQbMtAod2AkARg

Yeti SB66 Alu Frame CTD Shock Yellow – medium £1400 EFT 24.2″ 615mm
    Small – 590mm

jonathan
    Free Member

Cotic Rocket?

ads678

I think Cotic are just waiting till everyone cancels their orders then they’ll change it to 650b.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Mmm, I’ve been looking for a 26in Alloy Nomad, I see that Alltricks.fr have some, wonder what the deal would be with the warrenty in the UK if I purchased from France?

Sorry to hyjack, but if any one knows of a UK shop with a large Nomad frame or full bike please let me know, I’ve tried Stif, SCUK and Bikescene, no luck, it’s like they’ve all disappeared.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Nukeproof Mega Tr frame on Chain Reaction Cycles for 815.00

deus

Just get 650b frame and run 26″ wheels in it?

transition1
    Free Member

Large or medium Covert 26 160mm rear Travel

richc
    Free Member

I think Cotic are just waiting till everyone cancels their orders then they’ll change it to 650b.

Or may’be they are just waiting for 28″ wheels, as they make the trail come to life much more than 27″ wheels which is so last year.

excessions
    Free Member

I know Jungle UK have some 26″ Santa Cruz Nomads in as I was offered one as warranty replacement.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

el guapo

GEDA
    Free Member

It would be great to see some tests where you ran a 650b frame with 26inch wheels in it.

There is so little in it (12mm radius) that I doubt it will ride that differently, Same as between a big and small tyre. I have a pair of 650b/26 X-Fusion forks on my Nukeproof Mega and it seems to work fine. Just look for the biggest 26 inch tyres you can find.

Northwind

GEDA – Member

Just look for the biggest 26 inch tyres you can find.

Only really works if you were planning on fitting skinny 650b tyres tbh… But yeah, it’s interesting, I reckon there’s bound to be 650b bikes out there that I’d prefer with 26 inch wheels, I like a lower BB anyway. But then again there’ll be other 650bs that have the BB where I want it, that would end up dragging their arses everywhere with 26 inch wheels

chrismac

Cotic Rocket fits your requirements as would a 2013 stmpy evo assuming you can find one.

GEDA
    Free Member

But there is only 12mm in it! so although there might be a bit of a difference if you are any good on a bike I am sure that you would be able to adapt without much problem.

GEDA
    Free Member

Only really works if you were planning on fitting skinny 650b tyres tbh.

I disagree here as the volume of the tyres is more important than the diameter so running a really big pair of 26inch tyres on a 650b frame would not be the same as running some pencil 650b wheels/tyres on the same frame. I know which I would prefer.

tony07
    Free Member

What about the mega am on Crc with cane creek double barrel for £900. Seems like a bargain to me

lucabazooka
    Free Member

You could be on to something there … buy a 650b frame, combined with Hansdampfs and some 650b Pikes…..should be too! far off …

Oh no, now a 650b frameset search!!

These Orbea Rallons look like a good reasonable option … ?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

tidy Remedy 8 on ebay (not mine)

mickmcd
    Free Member

I think Cotic are just waiting till everyone cancels their orders then they’ll change it to 650b

The bloke that builds them says they are a month away …

Northwind

GEDA – Member

I disagree here as the volume of the tyres is more important than the diameter so running a really big pair of 26inch tyres on a 650b frame would not be the same as running some pencil 650b wheels/tyres on the same frame. I know which I would prefer.

Agree as far as wheel size itself goes- I can’t really tell any difference between 650b and 26 tbh… But geometry does matter, if you lower or raise a bike by ~12mm you’re probably going to notice. So if a bike’s designed for fat 650b tyres, and designed well to your taste, it should ride noticably worse with 26 inch tyres.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Nukeproof Mega Tr frame on Chain Reaction Cycles for 815.00

+1 A mate has just bought one, and it’s very nice indeed. Very well built, nicely slack and very nice to ride.

chiefgrooveguru

No more SB66s around? A mate just bought an El Guapo and is liking it!

GEDA, saying the same thing over and over again doesn’t make it true… 😛

GEDA
    Free Member

What isn’t true?

chiefgrooveguru

That a bike won’t ride differently with 27.5 wheels rather than 26 wheels. The changes in BB height, rollover ability, trail, flip-flop and stability all add up to make a useful difference.

The discussions I’ve had with frame designers regarding 650B/27.5 wheels suggest that they’re working off a 710-715mm diameter for their geometry – far from small volume tyres! The tyre on the front of my 27.5 bike measures 28.5″, the diameter of an XC 29er tyre.

GEDA
    Free Member

But the difference between a 26 inch rim and 650b is 12mm radius which is the only important figure. Diameter makes the difference look bigger but radius is the important thing.

Not sure if I understand all the stuff you are talking about (flip flop??) but:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLUX0y4EptA[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Don't make me go 650b … !! … can't find a 150mm 26" frame anywheres … !!’ is closed to new replies.