Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Don't look at me! I'm ugly!
  • mogrim

Im going to hit it tomorrow.

That was yesterday, and Stoner hasn’t posted yet… did he survive? Fatal frame crack doing 40 down an A road?

Stoner
    Free Member

going out at 11am. *pray for stoner*

epicyclo

the-muffin-man – Member
    …I rode a time trial on one of these once (fitted with aero bars, which added to the look!)…

Thats’s a cracking looking bike… 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

In astounding news, it turns out a fat lad on a frankenbike is not, I repeat NOT[/b] faster than a GB athlete.

Who knew? Popes shitting in trees etc. Bloody daft game if you ask me.

Anyway, went out to the course a bit too hard, no Geraint-style negative splits for me! Did the 40km in 1h21m 🙁

Mrs S PB on this course is 1h15m

TBF to me I have taken 4 mins off my previous best after a grand total of 260km of training in the last 2 months. Will see if I can trim another minute or so on the day this weekend.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Better than I could do mate. And far braver than me on that bike.

igm

Celery diet til the weekend then. No beer. Sorry

How much climbing in that?

PS – I have a 1:17:29 on a road bike (PX RT-58 built for comfort – 25mm tyres and all) if you want a 16st type’s time to target. You’ve met me. I’m not fit.

Stoner
    Free Member

climbing

hurrhurrhrurrrrhurrr! Comedian!

all of 300m 😳

igm

I edited

Stoner
    Free Member

you’re never 16st/102Kg are you?

igm

Yep. I was 17st7 at one time. Thighs like tree trunks though.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ha ha! Only ******* nailed it! Tweaked the contact points a bit (dropped the post a touch, tilted the saddle nose down, thanks TiRed) and was really comfortable all the way round.

Fuelled properly in the morning, warmed up and got my gel and electrolytes intake pretty much spot on.

Thrashed out a 1:13:35 between the transitions (so a little less than that for the 40km on road time). Bloody ace! And a huge dent into Monday’s 1:21 when I did not feel good. Team Stoner came 4th in the relay out of 24 with the 5th fastest bike time so v happy with that. Did not let the side down much 🙂

Mrs S 3rd out of the water, and 7th in the run, so her swim time was our saving.

Annoyingly my phone GPS packed up after 4km so I had to try and pace myself using time and 5km road markers.

Swollen with pride I may now be, but this is not the start of anything. Bloody daft game.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Not too late to dig a swimming lake at Stoner Towers.

Still entries available for IM Wales.

(Well done both BTW 😉 )

scaredypants

well done !

but this is not the start of anything

Ha!
    I’m giving it a fortnight, max, before you’re all over the TT and 5w/kg threads, having bought a cheapo frame 😀

damascus
    Free Member

😀

Stoner
    Free Member

You may well be right scaredypants…

“And then riding around on top of it. Wearing spandex. And a plastic hat. Like a total bell-end.

I still want a surf hat 🙁

Mid-life crisis reduced to purchase of cycling equipment

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Don't look at me! I'm ugly!’ is closed to new replies.