Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • dont laugh……full face helmet advice.
  • ton

today my 1st ever full face helmet arrived…….in the largest size 661 do, 61-63cm.
    and it is too small around my jaw/cheek area…infact it squeezes my cheeks in and makes me look like i am gonna pop.
    the top bit round my cranium fits fine……..any one know of a bigger one that aint too expensive?

steezysix
    Free Member

You should try a Bell Drop – I had the opposite problem to you, bought one, found it too loose on the jaw and switched to a 661 Evo. They come up big, I was a medium in the Bell and a large in the 661. I believe you can also buy thinner/thicker jaw pads to fine tune the fit. Fit around the head was similar as I recall.

dingabell
    Free Member

Not much help, but my mate had the same problem. Said it made his face look like a squashed ribena berry. He wedged a piece of wood inside it for a couple of days and I think that did the trick. Mind you he’s lost 3 stone so I’d imagine it’s going to feel a bit more comfortable now.

nickewen
    Free Member

I’ve got a fairly massive bonse like and tried a host of full face helmets before getting a comfy one… Tried THE, Specialized, 661, Giro and finally landed on a TLD D2 composite. It was a bit more expensive; 120-130 a couple of yrs back if my memory serves me right in a sale because the colours are pretty garish… It’s the largest size they do and I have a fairly wide heed and it fits like a glove

jam-bo

Giro remedys are wide round the face.

Or get an mx helmet.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Giggity

Northwind

My Urge Down-o-matic has removable cheek pads and comes with 2 sizes, thick and thin. And the option of running without, obviously, but that might not be such a good idea.

it’s also a completely lovely helmet- light, well made, well vented.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Ton

Email me, I may have an absolutley huge one for my massive head that you can have if I can find it in my garage. It’s been worn about thrice!

bloodyshins
    Free Member

Giro Remedys are massive around the face but normal around the cranium. They look a bit silly on folks with skinny faces actually…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘dont laugh……full face helmet advice.’ is closed to new replies.