Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • DON'T GET CAUGHT WITH THIS SCAM AS IT'LL COST YOU BIG TIME
  • saleem
    Free Member

Please watch for an email confirming a tax credit due from your last tax return appearing to be from HMRC.

The form attached to it gives it away with slight errors, HMRC have confirmed it is a scam and if you get it, forward it to

phishing@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk

dropoff
    saleem
    Free Member

SCUM BAGS

dropoff

You shouldn't talk about government departments like that 😉

eldridge
    Free Member

HMRC is riddled with corrupt staff who pass on to criminals the addresses of everyone who has recently had dealings with them and will therefore be susceptible to replying to a phishing email.

Same thing happens with PayPal – use your account, and three days later you get an email asking you to confirm your account details.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

use your account, and three days later you get an email asking you to confirm your account details

or even if you don't:-)

aracer
    Free Member

Same thing happens with PayPal – use your account, and three days later you get an email asking you to confirm your account details.

They must keep forgetting to send those to me 🙄

joe1983
    Free Member

First and only time I got a paypal fishing scam was coincidentally the day after I had to ring them up and sort some of my account details. Very suss

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘DON'T GET CAUGHT WITH THIS SCAM AS IT'LL COST YOU BIG TIME’ is closed to new replies.