• This topic has 69 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by tang.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • Don't forget, its LOVECROSSED this Sunday in Tetbury with Worlds CX screening &
  • qwerty
    Free Member

beer.

I’ll be marshalling and heckling, be nice to see some of you lot.

http://www.lovecrossed.co.uk

qwerty
    Free Member

Bump.

ferrals
    Free Member

I’ll be there, be in blue/white/maroon G. R. kit, really looking forward to it, planning on getting there 10ish for a practise lap, clean bike, heckle the vets and women before getting ready to try and not come last in the seniors 😀

couple of questions – do you know what the course is like re. drainage and mud content? I’m guessing muddy given the weather! really dont want to DNF with a mud induced mechanical!

Also are there shower/hose facilities as I guess they arent going to want us inside for the screening if we are stinking!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    qwerty
    Free Member

couple of questions – do you know what the course is like re. drainage and mud content? I’m guessing muddy given the weather! really dont want to DNF with a mud induced mechanical!

Also are there shower/hose facilities as I guess they arent going to want us inside for the screening if we are stinking!

I can’t give you a definative answer – Tang of Lovecrossed is on here and may well be along to answer.

RE: Course, it does have a mix of surfaces, but i do believe the mud will be muddy.

jekkyl

tetbury derbyshire or Gloucestershire?

ferrals
    Free Member

cheers qwerty,

Jekkyl, its the Gloucestershire one

MrAgreeable

In for the pairs race. Is there a prize for the best domestic argument? 😉

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

In for the pairs race. Is there a prize for the best domestic argument?

so your username is ironic, then? 😉

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh no so HOW muddy? As said not sure I can face it!! My pit bike is pony and certainly can’t afford another rear mechanism 😉

What’s the course like? Anyone got any info? I want technical!!!

tang
    Free Member

There will be mud, gravel (posh gravel mind), Tarmac, singletrack, parkland. It’s been hammering down for 2 days solid but we are pretty good free draining limestone hills. That said I’m sure mud will on show.
    Re the house. I’ve pinched the floor covers from Poldark filming, but bring clean shoes or you’ll be in your socks!
    I will update conditions tomorrow when I’m out on course.
    We will be running the Van Der Poll on the worlds on the day

MrAgreeable

so your username is ironic, then?

I thought it was obvious…

ferrals
    Free Member

We will be running the Van Der Poll on the worlds on the day

Heart says Nys to have the perfect career ending.. don’t know enough to use my head so Nys it is!

Can’t wait for the day 🙂

Bedds
    Free Member

Having just bought my first CX bike I found this event only this morning! will there be a series next year? I’m quite keen to give it a go ?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Bedds this is part of Western league so yes there will be another series next year! Quick come along on Sunday and race!

Is there a ladies poll for winner of WC too!?? 🙂

tang
    Free Member

There would be but I can only show the men’s!

Bedds
    Free Member

I can’t due to other commitments this weekend 🙁 I’ll keep a look out net year though 🙂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Should be plenty of MUD cant stop raining in Gloucestershire these days some heavy downpours today saying that Saturday and Sunday are suppose to be dry 🙂

tang
    Free Member

Walked the course this evening. It’s not too bad! However, our pre pit mud section is very muddy! Final course decision on Friday. Full Castelli, ENVE, Sidi CX goods on show and Scott bikes will have the big van with the latest bikes. Vin Cox will be doing commentary.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oooo some nice Cx bikes there? I fancy a new pit bike!

Oh are there shower or changing facilities there??

tang
    Free Member

Sorry no showers(I couldn’t afford to hire them, but hope to next time) , but we have a changing space if required. It’s basic but private and the cake lady is set up in front of the door!

ferrals
    Free Member

I fancy a new pit bike!

I, in the most veiled and subtle way, muted the idea of a second cx bike the other day – and nearly got pushed out of the car 😳

It’s all good though – a few bike mentions and a second set of wheels wont seem too bad!! 😆

without wanting to jinx it, the weather actaully looks ok for sunday which is a bonus

shedbrewed
    Free Member

See you there Ferrals, I’ll be there with some of the Ponty boys. I have been enjoying my off month and consuming beer and chips with regularity so I expect you to come whizzing passing my barrel-like form in short order.

rOcKeTdOg

Can I come & take some photos/hang out with the glitterati?

ferrals
    Free Member

See you there Ferrals, I’ll be there with some of the Ponty boys. I have been enjoying my off month and consuming beer and chips with regularity so I expect you to come whizzing passing my barrel-like form in short order.

Judging by your strava I’m not sure thats 100% accurate 😉

I’ve only been religiously flagellating myself on the turbo anyway so I’ll probably end up in some kind of anaphalactic shock from cycling in fresh air!!

matt-lewis
    Free Member

Don’t suppose that is Pontypool by any chance is it? That’s my hometown but am based in Monmouth now. I’ll be on a Ritte. See you there.

Matt

shedbrewed
    Free Member

@ferrals Despite all strava activity I have managed to maintain a weight gain of 5kg throughout the last month. I am aware it is there.

@docketrog, you may take pictures of my glitterati as it hangs out.

@mattlewis, yes pontypool. See you there. We may have spoken at the Pembrey final round of welsh league? I ride the Canyon, which I broke at Pembrey.

tang
    Free Member

The sun came out today. I’ve had a lovely day in the woods on my own. Two woodland sections pruned, staked and taped plus barriers arrived, crew arrives tomorrow! Conditions nice generally, ‘no mud no lotus’ section is muddy but I think the experienced will find a line. Check out @lovecrossedcx on Instagram for pics.

tang
    Free Member

By all means everyone welcome. There is food, cake and a bar! Plus don’t forget the worlds after! Photos always good RDog.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Yeah ha I’m so excited about this weekend and event! No worries re showers I’d have just been miffed if they were there and I wasn’t prepared! Shower in a can and some dry shampoo sorted 😉

Ferrals . . a pit bike is the way forward and a must on some of these races. I have an old Dolan but already decided it is shite so want a nicer one . . nearly even bought a 2nd carbon one the other day :-/ ssshhh don’t tell crashtestmonkey!! Ha ha .. He won’t care, he’s the best pit crew! But can’t come on Sunday.

matt-lewis
    Free Member

Hello shed brewed, I know you now- I was eyeing up that Canyon too! See you there.

Matt

doordonot
    Free Member

I bought a cx bike, did the supermarine races, then sold the cx bike. It was more fun watching and heckling cx. So a few of us will be going along to shout words of encouragement (mainly at some Banjo Cycles riders we know). Where’s the best place to cheer/heckle?

ferrals
    Free Member

Course looks good!

I’m spitting, turbo last night and right at the end my knee went. Icing up but I might be in spectator mode too 😥

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Ferrals, bugger. Hope it clears up mate. Otherwise can I book you for pit bitch? 😀
    Weather is interesting across the border today..

ferrals
    Free Member

haha I’ll still start and see how I go. If not will prob do video duty

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Nooo showing rain please no more rain!!!!

qwerty
    Free Member

LIVE UPDATE: the beer has arrived 🙂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Is this the same place they had a round of the sprint enduro few years back?Enduro has in motorbikes.

ferrals
    Free Member

It’s trying to snow where we are staying tonight in north Cotswolds, I know it won’t, but how good would a full on snow fest be?!

qwerty
    Free Member

I have my thermals on, snack bag ready & hot water bottle snug inside my jacket. Show me your best race faces today.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

So Munqechick only went and won the women’s, and a fellow Central CX League interloper got 2nd.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘Don't forget, its LOVECROSSED this Sunday in Tetbury with Worlds CX screening &’ is closed to new replies.