Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • DonJoy knee braces
  • Creg

Ive gathered from a few threads here that there are a couple of other folks that have had ACL repairs/surgery.

My current brace is shite. Its a sleeve type with two articulated supports and its made of neoprene. Its uncomfortable to wear, especially in hot weather, is exceedingly bulky and generally quite crap. I wear it quite a lot as I have had a few dislocations over the last few weeks.

I have found that the DonJoy braces are available in the US significantly cheaper than here (less than half price in some cases).

Ideally I would like a brace that can support me pre surgery with some activities (some cycling, some surfing, kiting) and also post surgery so I can get back to cycling as well as surfing, swimming and anything else.

Are they worth getting/looking at? Any other braces worth considering?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I had both cartileges removed from my right knee many years ago, and could not seriously cycle or hillwalk without support.

I swear by the Mueller HG80 knee supports because they work, and they are not neoprene so they are not horribly hot and restrictive

This one for cycling as you don't need rotation protection and it's slim enough to fit under knee pads.

This one for hillwalking as the hinges give all round best support

Best deals seem to be from Amazon

Creg

Nice one thanks

Neoprene is great for wetsuits…but its crap for braces. Not overly hygienic either as it wicks bugger all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘DonJoy knee braces’ is closed to new replies.