Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Donegal
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Should I apply for a job in County Donegal?

iDave
    Free Member

NO!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. Just stop right there.

iDave
    Free Member

I was going to email you and suggest Geneva. UN, WHO, Cern, lots of multi-nats and banks, therefore loads of your kind of work, great place to live etc.

Donegal is nice to visit, but to live – think Scottish Highlands but deep recession and half built houses.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ooh.. hmm.. accomodation woudl be cheap.. remember these are short term contracts…

Geneva would be cool too esp as I speak some French, if you have any contacts.. 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

think Scottish Highlands but deep recession and half built houses.

+1

Just spent a night in geneva with a mate who works there, awesome, I’d dump everything to move there. We rode the Saleve, and then spent 10 days in morzine which is about an hour away, there must be so much other riding around there its mind blowing.

grum
    Free Member

Aren’t you also not really allowed to mountain bike anywhere in Ireland?

Garry_Lager

Think it sounds great for a short-term post tbh, if it was just you and you weren’t worrying about family etc. It’s a special place, but you’d need to look hard to find it sometimes. Some parts on the coast are just overrun with cottages without any real community infrastructure. Still, its a big place.
    Land access on the west coast seems abysmal, but it’s a few years since I was there regularly. I think you just get on with it and play the law of averages with shotgun-wielding farmers. Must be some epic tracks in Donegal to explore.

Leku
    Free Member

NO NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

I grew up in Glencolumbcille. Commonly known as ‘the far end of beyond’.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Donegal’ is closed to new replies.