Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Done to death probably, but new EXP Toro for trails or Maxx D?
  • nickdavies

Not seen much about the brand new Exposure Toro which is supposed to be pumped up to 2000 lumens and have a better spread than old.

I know Maxx D is the default for expensive flood bar lights but Toro is that bit cheaper and lighter. Is it going to be as good for night time trail riding or should I be stumping the extra for the Maxx D?

Pairs with a Diablo MKV on lid. Have a road set too so not bothered about using the Toro on road.

Or should I be looking at the Strada? only 1000 lumens but supposed to have a really floody pattern, the comparison pics on USE’s site look very good.

Cheers

drofluf
    Free Member

Haven’t used a Maxx D so can’t comment but I bought a Toro last year and it’s what I need. If this year’s model has been upgraded I think you’ll be fine.

jonnyrockymountain

I run a new race with a new joystick, spot on combo and keeps weight down

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rickon
    Free Member

I’ve got both of last years models, which are pretty identical to this year’s, I doubt you’d notice a difference.

The Maxxd has a wider beam, for sure. But the Toro is a great little light and a good amount cheaper and a bit lighter.

If your trails are narrow, then the Toro is perfect. If you’re riding wide Downhill trails at night, I’d prefer the Maxxd.

Also, if I were riding for more then say 5 hours, I’d prefer the Maxxd for the longer burn time for the same lumens.

Ask me more questions if you like 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Done to death probably, but new EXP Toro for trails or Maxx D?’ is closed to new replies.