Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Done Les Arcs, where next?
  • dirtbiker100
    Free Member

We’ve ridden the decent stuff in Les Arcs for the last two years, where should we go next?
    Looking for the same kind of riding, tech, steep, singletrack. a couple of motorway bike park trails can be accepted but 90% as described please.
    Got some cost concious members of the group so although we won’t find morzine prices we don’t want all singing and dancing deals.

Would love to ride sauze d’oulx/finale places but that’d involve a motorhome which might be pushing it some what.
    Chamonix?
    Saw the Ben Jones hols which looked interesting.
    Trans Provence area?

Ideas and experiences please

plecostomus
    Free Member

Sauze d’olux, verbier, rochers d’naye, chamonix all have what you ask for

jambalaya
    Free Member

Chamonix you can do self guided with maps and bike book but it takes planning. Riding more spread out but some super tech there ! FYI we rode there this year as part of a self guided trip inc Verbier – the latter would tick all your boxes except cost wise

Morzine/PdS wil be a let down after Les Arcs in respect of length of descents, tech and natural trails

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve just remembered what switzerland is like cost wise, did a spot in verbier, crans montana etc

I’m definitely not going back to PdS. Prefer to pedal up all week in wales.

Northwind

When you say the decent stuff in les arcs, do you mean just les arcs? Better riding up the valley, and over the col into italy. I’ve been out there a couple of times and only once spent more than a day at les arcs

chakaping
    Free Member

You looking for guiding and accommodation or more of a DIY thing?

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

prefer DIY, following gpx? and happy self catering. but ok going guided if its really worth it

nasher
    Free Member

Steep and tech? Molini and Sanremo

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dirt IMO although I usually do self guided (as we don’t ride every day and I tend to go for periods other than a week) I think a fully guided trip is great value as it takes away so much hassle with food, drink, eal local knowledge and on top of that they usually have a van for uplifts/collection which you can’t replicate easily. I have to say I have been enviously looking at Basque MTB on facebook, they are riding great trails right now under blue skies !

wl
    Free Member

Verbier ticks your boxes. Amazing place to ride steep, technical stuff and endless natural singletrack, and the bike park is also great fun. Go with http://www.bikeverbier.com if you want to ride all the very the best stuff. No one knows the area’s trails like these guys, plus they have a van and trailer. Great guides, chalet and grub too.

mrlugz
    Free Member

Lots of stuff around the les arcs area.

Sainte-foy, tignes, and across to la thuile, all relatively easy to get to, and some fantastic trails. Been 3 years running to that area, going back again this year.

We always go guided though. Local knowledge is a fantastic asset.

chakaping
    Free Member

prefer DIY, following gpx? and happy self catering. but ok going guided if its really worth it

We tend to take the same approach. You’ve already been to Verbier I see.

This year we’re going to Finale and possibly Molini, via a stopover in the Alps each way. Pila and possibly La Thuile. If we get guiding it’ll be on a day basis.

Been following these guys on Insta, stunning pics…
    https://www.instagram.com/aostavalleyfreeride/

nasher
    Free Member

Hey Stace

If you are passing this way, then consider Nava, Its the next valley along to us and a lot of trails have opened there, you will love it… would be great to see you in Molini too 🙂

And La Thuile is ecxellent for a day

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How much around les arcs and how much of les arcs? Would take white room, the 2 days in les arcs were the low point of the week

freeridenick
    Free Member

Just been to Ainsa with Doug @basquemtb last week. it was OK… 8)

https://www.flickr.com/gp/71958789@N00/977FsR
    https://www.flickr.com/gp/71958789@N00/0GC4P8

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Garda

Tech (check)
    Steep (check)
    Singletrack (check)
    cheap (check)
    self-guided options (check)

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Samoens is brilliant and seems to tick your boxes.

chakaping
    Free Member

Hey Stace

If you are passing this way, then consider Nava, Its the next valley along to us and a lot of trails have opened there, you will love it… would be great to see you in Molini too

And La Thuile is ecxellent for a day

Cheers, had a quick Google and found this – looks awesome…
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox8SvS8nEmY[/video]

Do you guys offer day guiding or short stays BTW?

nasher
    Free Member

Yes we can do something for you.. Just drop me a mail…

mikebike147
    Free Member

+1 for Molini, Nava, Finale and Calizzano – amazing trails all over Liguria, great food and coffee, sea, forests, beautiful villages and great weather.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Done Les Arcs, where next?’ is closed to new replies.