Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • done it, and i didn't die
  • dogbert
    Free Member

After a moan on here earlier in the week and my inane ability to sit around and not do very much, I finally gave in at 2:30pm and wheeled myself out on the mountain bike promising to do at least 4 miles.

8.81 miles later and i’ve got a massive smile on my face and a hot bath waiting for me.

I’m knackered I’ll grant you but it was so worth it. Went from here to the local country park so nothing amazing really, but I did take the long way back as the bug and adrenaline had kicked in.

You folks were right, the hardest part was getting out on the bike, but it was definitely worth it when i did 😀

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

good stuff

blades2000
    Free Member

well done 🙂

mmb
    Free Member

you always feel so much better afterwards! good stuff.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i haven’t ridden for over a month, i now realise. i’ve been very slowly building my new bike. all it needs is the front mech sorted. you’ve just inspired me to finish it!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

good effort make sure you do it again soon!

Come on Mrk mkll we want to see your new build 😉

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I have the same sitting abilities Dogbert. I did manage to extract myself from in front of the computer at 3.30 I think. A quick hour’s potter on the bike really does do a world of wonders doesn’t it. I don’t know why I have to remind myself of this all of the time.

singlespeedstu

You’ve done better than me then.

I’ve sat here all day thinking I’ll go out in half an hour or so. 😳

kaesae
    Free Member

MrK mkII I have boxes of spares in my cuboards, what kind of mech do you need?

As far as I’m concerned riding is freedom and most of the shit I have to do is a necessary 👿 good to hear you were out and about, I was out on my bike yesterday and thank **** for that!

R.lepecha

I did 8.8 miles this morning also. Plus i Discovered some new singletrack to ride!
    Only difference between mine and your ride is that I wasnt knackered after, despite only being out 40 odd minutes with and average speed of 11.8 ish mph.
    Tis good to get out.

rOcKeTdOg

nice one Dogbert

dogbert
    Free Member

you always feel so much better afterwards! good stuff.

Not so sure, i feel horrible at the moment (but contented I did what I did) It’ll pass,i’m sure its just going from no exercise to actually doing some

nonk
    Free Member

you have got the muck mooving about dogbert thats why you feel gash.

Drac

MrKmkII
    Free Member

hi kaesae, thank you very much for the offer 🙂 i’ve already got the mech, but i was working up to setting it up, dreading that it would be fraught with difficulty. turns out, it took only five minutes!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘done it, and i didn't die’ is closed to new replies.