Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • [Donations] London to Plymouth in under 20hrs?
  • jonnouk
    Free Member

Just a quick plug. My brother has decided to ride from London to Plymouth in under 20hrs for charity. Frankly, I think he’s mad, especially for doing it at this time of year.

Here’s the donation link.

Here’s the route plan.

jonnouk
    Free Member

Oh, what tyres should he use? 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be quicker to go round Dartmoor rather than over?

jonnouk
    Free Member

Yeah, my sister suggested going via Ashburton as she’s joining him from Honiton, but he’s insisted on it. The Exeter -> Moreton’ -> Postbridge section is a killer.

Edric64
    Free Member

Lands end to London record is 12.01.37 by Glen Longland for comparison .Unless he gets a terrible headwind he should have a good chance as its similar to a 400km Audax

Edric64
    Free Member

The route from Salisbury to Longbridge Deverell is pretty but through back lanes .I am riding that on Xmas day but going West for lunch

bearnecessities

25th as in Christmas Day??

Madman. Nice madman though, so donated.

Edric64
    Free Member

Donated

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

Good work!
    I’ll happily donate to this sort of madness 😉

jonnouk
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’ll put updates on how it goes.

hora
    Free Member

I wish him luck

jonnouk
    Free Member

Just a quick update. He’s about 40miles from Honiton. Reports are its bloody cold and he’s hoping he can get to Exeter before it chucks it down.

jam-bo

Vile conditions in west Devon at the moment. Cold and wet. Dartmoor would probably be ill advised unless he wants hypothermia.

At least it’s not snowing….

jonnouk
    Free Member

One final update. Matt made it to Honiton at 1230 but due to it being -1.5 to 0.5C the whole time and raining the last 3 hours he couldn’t stay warm. He was described as not struggling but due to being soaked through and cold he decided to call it quits.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

In that case I want my money back

sl2000

Good work!
    I’ll happily donate to this sort of madness

+1

bearnecessities

Ah shame. Still, he made it further than I would have!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘[Donations] London to Plymouth in under 20hrs?’ is closed to new replies.