Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 23,065 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

But I agree that the contrast between the intelligent, dignified, statesmanlike Obama and these pair of clowns couldn’t be more glaring

Perhaps but after the hype, the Obama presidency has been a massive anti-climax

AdamW
    Free Member

Wasn’t that partly because the politics in the US became so polarised the senate/whateveritis rejected just about all of his policies?

But agree there was much hype.

Northwind

AdamW – Member

Wasn’t that partly because the politics in the US became so polarised the senate/whateveritis rejected just about all of his policies?

The zika bill is a perfect example of what happens when politicians forget they’re supposed to govern. A federal bill that both parties want to pass gets filled with unconnected, politically motivated bullshit specifically so that the democrats will vote against it, so the republicans can say “The Democrats are more focused on protecting the mosquito than they are protecting people”. Absolute disgrace tbh but it’s become business as usual to do this sort of damage

aracer
    Free Member

Not that it’s a big surprise, but wasn’t there some Republican recently quoted saying that it was their party policy to block anything he tried to do without even considering the merits? Politics in the US is properly shit.

DrJ

What the hell….do 1 million Mexicans really enter US everyday!!!

The population of Mexico is less than 130 million..if that number was correct Mexico would be deserted in about 5 months

Yeah – it’s the sort of thing that anyone would type and then say “hang on a mo, that makes no sense”.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Pigface the namecalling is very Trumpesque. You are Donald and I claim my £5

He really could win.

The 1 million Mexicans remark was made in front of the Mexican President, it’s not 1 way traffic is it, they visit for a few days and then return.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I fear Trump is going to win.

I don’t think all this fact checkig is making any difference. He’s made so many completely contradictory statements already and he’s still really close in the polls. His supporters won’t listen.

People are living in two separate worlds of information.

DrJ

The 1 million Mexicans remark was made in front of the Mexican President, it’s not 1 way traffic is it, they visit for a few days and then return.

So it’s irrelevant, then. Thanks for clarifying.

Pigface
    Free Member

Jambaliar hypocrisy is your thing, may I remind you of you calling people Remoaners, give my £5 to a charity of your choice.

nickc

He really could win

Only in the sense that’s he’s in the race.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So since my post who watched the debate?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yawn, personal insults are your style not mine. Your post started with an insultbfor no reason and not in the context of any recent discussion. Re-moaners is a collective term for those that can’t accept the result, it was never aimed at anyone here personally.

Mike. Definitely not me, US Presidential debates 30 years ago put me off the format for good. Never watch any (inc Referendum ones) although you can’t help to see the news coverage. What was absolutely clear to me is that this one would be really terrible. Polls are tied and Clinton spending huge amounts (record ?) and Trump not so much.

kelvin

Of course he can win. Focusing on facts and truths is missing the point about why/how he can win.

Pigface
    Free Member

Jambaliar,

Yawn, personal insults are your style not mine. Your post started with an insultbfor no reason and not in the context of any recent discussion. Re-moaners is a collective term for those that can’t accept the result, it was never aimed at anyone here personally

You have told load of lies, fibs, porkies seems a very apt name. I think one of the best was Clinton had had a stroke, when asked you couldn’t prove it.

Carry on.

Klunk
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzae4DKexko[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

Carry on.

Unfortunately he will as jambaliar has no need for actual fats when he can just make things up and pointing them out to him wont change his mind

chewkw
    Free Member

Saw the debate …

Trump will win with narrow margin.

Hilary is not even good at debating and relied heavily on her notes.

Hilary wins … more opportunities for the Far East and quicken the demise of western/US industries.

Trump wins you have the balancing effect on the world.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Donald Trump is a lying racist piece of flotsam and anyone who is stupid enough to defend him is a lowlife piece of ignorant scum too. He is truly odious in that he doesn’t care who he insults or steps on to get what he wants. His style is cheap, yet there are far too many idiots who are willing to be sucked in by his bile.
    Rant over.

jam-bo

The President is very much a figurehead – he wields no real power whatsoever. He is apparently chosen by the government, but the qualities he is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it.

chewkw
    Free Member

captainsasquatch – Member

Donald Trump is a lying racist piece of flotsam and anyone who is stupid enough to defend him is a lowlife piece of ignorant scum too. He is truly odious in that he doesn’t care who he insults or steps on to get what he wants. His style is cheap, yet there are far too many idiots who are willing to be sucked in by his bile.
    Rant over.

Crikey. I bet there are many Americans that disagree with you.

hh45
    Free Member

Well I hope Trump does win. Not because he is a nice bloke but because America is screwed in so many ways and voting for the status quo; i.e. Clinton isn’t what they need. The fact that he is an unsophisticated, uncouth man is what is good about him, not what is bad. Ditto Farrage. Its the elite’s inability to understand this that is why they deserve to lose. People don’t want more elitist, professional, career politicians.

Like it or not, this is what is going on.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I imagine there are a fair few Ukippers who think they’ve got a handle on the world too.
    They’re still thick and wrong. And it’s all a bit sad that there are so many that are taken in by this crap.
    1.7 million unemployed, 1.7 immigrants? Eh? Eh?
    EDIT: Same for the brexiters too, I’m sure there’s an intellectual argument where brexit could be discussed at an economic level, but the majority voted on thickfunk arguments and lies.

chewkw
    Free Member

hh45 – Member

They need Trump.

I imagine there are a fair few Ukippers who think they’ve got a handle on the world too.
    They’re still thick and wrong. And it’s all a bit sad that there are so many that are taken in by this crap.
    1.7 million unemployed, 1.7 immigrants? Eh? Eh?[/quote]
    Unfortunately you cannot go on lying to the working class people that a better world is waiting for them. Tried that. Been there. Feel like a donkey. Now try voting for something new … try a new party.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

because America is screwed in so many ways

& the best possible thing they could do is vote in someone whose going to screw it up even further….

Oh yeah, that’s a really solid & well though out course of action…

🙄

Most likely yes, but he does make some valid points…

Trump is a nasty, loud-mouthed, uncouth, odious, border line racist who thinks the truth is a mere inconvenience to be overcome on his way to the top..

He’s Farage’s wet dream of a drinking partner basically!

Unfortunately you cannot go on lying to the working class people that a better world is waiting for them. Tried that. Been there. Feel like a donkey. Now try voting for something new … try a new party.

Fair point..

But….

If you think Trump is a man of the people then you are seriously deluded!

aracer
    Free Member

People don’t want more elitist, professional, career politicians.

Like Farage (and of course Trump is also an unprivileged man of the people)? There is something rather ironic that these are the figureheads of ordinary people rebelling against the elite and wealthy

chewkw
    Free Member

mrlebowski – Member
    & the best possible thing they could do is vote in someone whose going to screw it up even further….

Oh yeah, that’s a really solid & well though out course of action…

A risk worth taking.

Most likely yes, but he does make some valid points…

Trump is a nasty, loud-mouthed, uncouth, odious, border line racist who thinks the truth is a mere inconvenience to be overcome on his way to the top..

He’s Farage’s wet dream of a drinking partner basically!

He is who he is.

Fair point..

But….

If you think Trump is a man of the people then you are seriously deluded!

Who cares if he is the man of the people so long as people feel good about him.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Absolutely, but neither Trump nor Farage are the answers. And if that’s the best reason for voting for them, then god help us and we will get the leaders we deserve.

kimbers

yep millionaire, son of millionaires convincing the common man they are looking out for them against the millionaire elites 🙄

mrlebowski
    Free Member

He is who he is.

Sounds you quite like him.

I for one, could never side with someone like Trump or Farage regardless of how I felt due to their xenophobic tendencies.

But, well, I guess that’s the one of the drawbacks of having a conscience..

I’ve stepped in puddles deeper than you if that’s how you really feel..

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Only because they’re thick (or poorly educated), now how did that happen? And do we really want to continue on this path?

slowoldman

You know you’re in deep shit when the working man starts voting for fascists.

chewkw
    Free Member

Absolutely, but neither Trump nor Farage are the answers. And if that’s the best reason for voting for them, then god help us and we will get the leaders we deserve. [/quote]

People found their answer and satisfaction by kicking out the previous govt (referring to UK as US has not changed yet with current govt) to the point of enduring whatever future is installed for them.

Because it is that bad …

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You know you’re in deep shit when the working man starts voting for fascists Chewkw’s well deserved ban is over….

FTFY.

chewkw
    Free Member

slowoldman – Member
    You know you’re in deep shit when the working man starts voting for fascists.

Then you need to treat them like people.

Nobeerinthefridge – Member

You know you’re in deep shit when the working man starts voting for fascists Chewkw’s well deserved ban is over….

FTFY. [/quote]
    I am cultured now. I even started watching musical …

igm

Chewkw – can I suggest you consider emigration to North Korea. I suspect you’d quite like the form of government they have there. If nothing else it’d let you “try… something new”. Not sure about the voting bit.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Because it is that bad …

You need to find a more positive way to go about things.

Negative energy by its own definition is not sustaining & is ultimately self-destructive.

Lifer
    Free Member

+1 Nobeer

chewkw
    Free Member

igm – Member
    Chewkw – can I suggest you consider emigration to North Korea. I suspect you’d quite like the form of government they have there. If nothing else it’d let you “try… something new”. Not sure about the voting bit.

Too cold in North Korea. Anyway why keep bullying North Korean? They have not invaded other country … Why? Ya, the answer is simple coz there are many tea/coffee stirrers trying to break up another country.

mrlebowski – Member

Because it is that bad …

You need to find a more positive way to go about things.

Negative energy by its own definition is not sustaining & is ultimately self-destructive. [/quote]

I am very positive now since Brexit. :mrgreen:

hh45
    Free Member

[/quote]

Like Farage (and of course Trump is also an unprivileged man of the people)? There is something rather ironic that these are the figureheads of ordinary people rebelling against the elite and wealthy

People are fed up with career politicians, ironic as it may be, a rich businessman does generate so much ire.

We have had peak globalisation. for now at least.

slowoldman

I am cultured now. I even started watching musical …

Cultured? Come back when we can discuss opera.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 23,065 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.