Viewing 40 posts - 14,281 through 14,320 (of 23,072 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • GrahamS

Would or wouldn’t. Which is it?

Has not the President not been unclear that Russia wouldn’t not have no reason to not tamper with the US election? Or not?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or if other people would or would not have had any or no reason to do that or not.

maxtorque

If i ever get to meet Trump, i’m gonna knee him in the balls and then say “oh sorry, my mistake, i meant to shake your hand and i just did the wrong action”…….   😉

maxtorque

I also find it funny that Trumps “spokespeople” are actually starting to sound like our dear old Ninny themselves!

They are now looking, pedantically, for minor spelling, pronunciation or delivery nuances in what the Orange Buffoon has said in order to be able to frantically backpedal towards a less contentious, less embarrassing version……

mikewsmith
    Free Member
    ctk
    Free Member

{QUOTE}The issue I have with Trump is that his actions are not only undoing all the diplomacy done by Obama and Bush to control/stabilise certain issue{QUOTE}

He hasnt done an Iraq/Libya/Syria yet, not as bad as Obama nor Bush yet.  He’s only done 2 years as opposed to 2 terms so he has time.

dudeofdoom

Gets better this wouldn’t would thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/07/17/in-his-prepared-remarks-trump-removed-a-line-about-bringing-election-hackers-to-justice/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.f44e892bdf63

He crayoned out the good bit yep and added a no collusion reminder.

The only bloke whose seen his tax stuff, interestingly as part of a court settlement, is making noises that people should look into them and they would probably find out why he’s acting the way he is.

mattyfez

One for the GoT fans

jam-bo

Is Trump actually a Sacha baron Cohen character?

raybanwomble
    Free Member

He hasnt done an Iraq/Libya/Syria yet, not as bad as Obama nor Bush yet.  He’s only done 2 years as opposed to 2 terms so he has time.

Nahh man, Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld were rock n roll  – they started an illegal war, whilst Bush visited Mosques in New York to show support for American Muslims.

On the other hand, small dick Trump – stirs up a lot of hatred at home and doesn’t even start a war that’s worth watching on tv.

I would totes take Bush and Blair back, at least the public would think that the enemy was somewhere overseas – we wouldn’t see the hatred we are seeing now and be fighting amongst ourselves.

Vietnam – Nixon – to the tune of The Stones etc > Iraq – Bush/Blair – to the tune of Eminem > 2017 – Syria – Trump/May – to the tune of Ed Sheeran. It’s all gone DOWNHILL bro.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And while we get into the fun and games of it all there is a tragic side here

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/you-have-nothing-father-of-mh17-victims-lashes-donald-trump-20180717-p4zs1z.html

We still don’t have a resolution to MH17 and the murder of those innocent people. That is the start of a very long list of things that need sorted before arse kissing can begin.

athgray
    Free Member

I am currently re-watching The Wire, and came across this chat between Barack Obama and The Wires creator David Simon. It is an interesting watch. (Link below). My wife also yesterday commented that I had zoned out of my phone and turned up the TV volume in an instant when highlights of Obama’s speech in South Africa came on C4 news. I did not notice I had done this as it felt like an automatic reaction. With hindsight I realise it must have been a yearning to hear some sort of intelligent comment from across the pond, and made me think how I miss him as president. I don’t doubt he has flaws, and have read of Obama’s arrogance, but he has wished to do something about the high rate of Americas gun deaths which is laudable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWY79JCfhjw

maccruiskeen

Is Trump actually a Sacha baron Cohen character?

I quite like the theory that Andy Kaufman faked his death in 1984 and this has all been a very long and elaborate  set up for gag – but we’re going to have to wait til 2024 to get the punchline.

v  Spolier alert. v

my money is on “the Aristocrats”

athgray
    Free Member

I know Andy Kaufman personally and he is a very, very nice guy. A really top guy. He has been living happily on the moon since 1995. His advisor Tony assures me that Andy is being attended to by the most beautiful girls with some fine ass. I trust them as if they were my own daughters. Believe me, the moon is wonderful, I have some seafront condominiums for sale there at Tranquility Base. The Earth sets are the best you will see anywhere on Earth without doubt. My advisors tell me that the cheese is to die for. Thank you and god bless merica.

FuzzyWuzzy

I see his Press Secretary is having to reinterpret his words for him now as he just can’t help himself. Must be a burden having such a giant ego that gets regularly massaged and inflated by all the sycophants around him…

ctk
    Free Member

Bit late for Obama to do something about gun laws. @raybanwomble don’t blame May/Trump for Syria it was Saint Obama arming the rebels, Obama **** up Libya- the man caused so much damage.  Trump is small fry compared.

Pigface
    Free Member

Care to elaborate ctk?

ctk
    Free Member

Bush **** up in Iraq

Obama **** up in Syria & Libya

Trump has done nothing of this magnitude (yet)

Do you need details?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Trump has done nothing of this magnitude (yet)

Do you need details?

Always helps to make your point really.

theotherjonv

once again – the fact that other people did ‘worse’ things* in the past does not make it OK to do bad stuff now.

On that basis everyone has carte blanche to do anything, because once there was this bloke called Hitler….. and nothing’s that magnitude.

* your opinion.

martinhutch

Trump is small fry compared.

There is a similarity, but he’s clearly Zapp Brannigan, not Fry.

PrinceJohn

On that basis everyone has carte blanche to do anything, because once there was this bloke called Hitler….. and nothing’s that magnitude.

Don’t forget Donald Trump is good because he’s no Hilter or Pol Pot…

ctk
    Free Member

Surely everyone knows about the Iraq War?  Libya is not in a good state at the moment, Obama has called Libya “his worst mistake” and Obama/the CIA sent thousands of tonnes of arms to the rebels in Syria.

I think Trump has done nothing of this magnitude yet- who thinks he has?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think Trump has done nothing of this magnitude yet- who thinks he has?

What good things has he done? Start your argument from that point and see how you go.

Obama admitted his mistakes with respect to Syria, Trump is currently telling everyone they just misunderstood his.

ninfan
    Free Member

Obama admitted his mistakes,

ctk
    Free Member

Hitler, Pol Pot LOLZ !

I’m comparing him to the previous 2 presidents FFS

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well Ninfan is hear obviously to tell us how masterful and coherent the last few days have been?

I’m comparing him to the previous 2 presidents FFS

Very selectively though, what are his top 10 (or 5, or even 3 if you want) achievements there

PrinceJohn

Well Ninfan is hear obviously to tell us how masterful and coherent the last few days have been?

& presumably answer the questions that were posed to them a page or so ago.

FuzzyWuzzy

In terms of **** up other countries then no, Trump is currently behind Bush & Obama but the damage he’s done already to US intelligence agencies, US credibility worldwide, NATO etc. is difficult to quantity and the real effects will only be known in years to come.

If you’re saying if Trump was president at the time the Iraq war or Libya/Syria/Afghanistan interventions wouldn’t have happened then I think you’re deluded. He might be a good negotiator on business deals where the party he’s negotiating with really doesn’t have a choice (or falls for his lies) but he’s not a diplomat or political negotiator and given he’s surrounded himself with hawks I’m pretty confident he would have gotten his hands just as dirty in those conflicts as the Presidents in office at the time.

ctk
    Free Member

Go for it- you compare the good things- feel free.  Do a top 10 of both.  Remember when Obama sang Al Green? Swoon- it was awesome! & the joke about Drone striking any boys who chat up his daughters? He’s so cool!

I’m going to stick to my original point of Trump hasn’t **** up any whole countries yet.  What has Trump done worse than Iraq, Syria or Libya?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m going to stick to my original point of Trump hasn’t **** up any whole countries yet.  What has Trump done worse than Iraq, Syria or Libya?

So yeah nothing good then….

Obama, started down the road of healthcare for all though massive resistance (Trump/GOP want rid)

Stimulus and GFC rescue packages

Wall St Reform and Banking Regulations (Trump/GOP want rid)

Got rid of Daon’t Ask Don’t tell from the Military

Stopped Bush era torture

Environmental reforms (Trump/GOP want rid)

Avoided Scandal for 8 years in office

that is a start there, I’m sure you will pick one thing that lets you claim it’s all irrelevant though.

ninfan
    Free Member

the damage he’s done already to US intelligence agencies, US credibility worldwide, NATO etc. is difficult to quantity

You’re joking, right?

Can I politely suggest that the real damage to the global reputation of US intelligence agencies and US credibility worldwide somewhat predates Donald Trump’s election

Leku
    Free Member

With leaving the Paris Agreement you could argue he is ******** up every country (just slowly while his friends make lots of money).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can I politely suggest that the real damage to the global reputation of US intelligence agencies and US credibility worldwide somewhat predates Donald Trump’s election

you can but I don’t think, you would be on to much there.

So how does it look to say you believe Putin over them, then say you made a mistake, then say it was Russia, but maybe it wasn’t like the people you said you have faith in told you, then miss some lines out and then mess it up again?

The world is laughing at the US.

FuzzyWuzzy

Well I was talking more about inter-agency/inter-country cooperation and the behind-the-scenes stuff, not the media headlines with Prism etc. For sure the US had credibility issues long before Trump but he seems to the the only President actually deliberately trying to **** things up rather than accidentally :p

athgray
    Free Member

Obama inherited Iraq, and he openly admits that failure to plan following Gadaffi in Libya washis worst mistake.

As mentioned, Trump backing out of the Paris Accord is potentially more damaging globally than anything Obama did, it’s just that the damage is less immediately visible.

Mike appears to have come across the same list of good legislation passed under Obama that I saw. The effect may be short lived, however he also enfranchised millions of black Americans that have lived under some of the worst excesses of racism in recent history.

Obama did steer the economy fairly successfully through the financial crisis.

The Republican party and others prevented him from introducing even modest gun legislation which could have saved hundreds or thousands of lives each year.

ctk
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>mikewsmith
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

So yeah nothing good then….”

</div>
    So Trump hasnt done anything as bad as Obama or Bush then?

to be clear I dont like Trump, I dont want to big him up.  Obama & Bush did some serious damage in the middle east- damage which will last generations- longer than Trump pulling out of the Paris Agreement.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

OK, if that is your point then well done. Yep mistakes were made, Bush made a lot of them WRT Iraq and Afgan conflicts. The legacy was left to others to try and clean up and was part of a sequence of events that has resulted in a lot on instability in the Region. Yes Obama could have done better in the Lybia situation but there were no good answers in there.

If you want to see where Trump has started to screw things up it’s jumping in bed with Israel over Jerusalem – and before ninfan starts every other president deferred the decision as a method to appease Israel and not inflame tensions. He has undone good work and firmly set them out as on one side.That decision has already cost lives and will cost more while his son in law stood back and watched.

ninfan
    Free Member

As mentioned, Trump backing out of the Paris Accord is potentially more damaging globally than anything Obama did, it’s just that the damage is less immediately visible.

Funny, the Paris accord was supposedly far too weak to prevent climate change

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/cop21-paris-deal-far-too-weak-to-prevent-devastating-climate-change-academics-warn-a6803096.html

The effect may be short lived, however he also enfranchised millions of black Americans that have lived under some of the worst excesses of racism in recent history.

Over 6 years into his presidency:

The Republican party and others prevented him from introducing even modest gun legislation which could have saved hundreds or thousands of lives each year.

And tell me, what do you say when Trump can’t get something he wants through Congress?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Funny, the Paris accord was supposedly far too weak to prevent climate change

It was however a starting point, trump wanted to go back 10 paces.

And what do you say when Trump can’t get something he wants through Congress?

Given he is meant to be part of the party that controls congress and the senate then we call him lots of stuff like stupid, incompetent, inconsistent, unable to negotiate or listen for starters.

Failing to get a bill through on healthcare which they had nearly 8 years to think about was a spectacular failure – everyone wanted to kill it but nobody managed to make it happen.

On racism then yeah he got it all wrong because he didn’t fix everything, or could it be there are more institutional racists in America than one man can fix in 8 years, at lest Trump is helping, sorry was that not helping, or helping but not helping but other people might be the problem. I would or wouldn’t want to say

Viewing 40 posts - 14,281 through 14,320 (of 23,072 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.