Viewing 40 posts - 12,361 through 12,400 (of 23,087 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • kimbers

pk13

good god ninfan if you clutch at anymore straws you will be the kaplunk world championship winner of all time.

tjagain

How do you define pedantry?

mattyfez

How do you define pedantry?

By explaining or writing down exactly what the word means. 😆

ninfan
    Free Member

Kimbers, a photo proves nothing

According to Ryanair, Gateshead looks like this

martinhutch

I wish you lefties would apply greater vigour rigour

Irony explosion imminent.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Only when you stop applying double standards

Looks as though we’ve an “Inadvertent disseminator of inaccurate statements” in our midst.

nickc

well, that is actually Gateshead.

martinhutch

Only about 10% of that image is Gateshead

maxtorque

ninfan
    Now trump is lying about using the word “shithole”.
    Fake news

He said “this was not the language used”

So, for example, he might not have said “shithole countries” but said “those countries are shitholes”

I wish you lefties would apply greater vigour with your accusations of lies.

Of course, the broader issue… is anyone actually denying that most of these countries are shitholes.

Best was the bloke from the UN reportedly saying “You cannot dismiss entire countries as ‘sh**holes” – he’s clearly never been to Luxembourg

I’m not sure there is an agreed, recognised consensus on exactly what criteria would be used to judge a country as a “sh**hole” but i’d suggest that by all normal references you, like Trump himself, definitely ARE ar*eholes….

somafunk

deviant
    Free Member

What’s funny is that I post on an American forum about a different hobby I enjoy and the reaction is almost polar opposite to on here…if he keeps this up he’ll get a second term for sure!

mattyfez

One thing I really don’t get is the trend amongst a certain demographic to call anyone who’s not authoritarian, a leftie/Marxist/communist. (delete where applicable or use all three for a tripple barrelled pseudo insult).

It just shows a complete lack of intelligence and lack of desire to understand anyone who’s point of view you don’t agree with.. Maybe I’m giving these authoritarians too much credit, what they are really doing is turning it into a term used as an insult, poisoning the well, if you like.

Junkyard
    Free Member

if he keeps this up he’ll get a second term for sure!

You have made the somewhat silly assumption that the forum you are on is representative of the whole US,

check out his record breaking popularity scores – no one has ever been so low. Yes his base love him but only a third of americans are racists morons and you seem to have found home with them.

tjagain

mattyfez or if its a debate with americans its “liberal” as an insult

I got this once and replied – “thanks for the compliment – over here in Europe being a liberal is seen as a good thing”. that rather confused them n;-)

aracer
    Free Member

On here it mostly seems to be just ninny – in the same way as being called a “liberal” by a septic, it’s not being described that way which should be a cause for concern (see my translation above). I doubt even ninny thinks people are insulted by it any more though, so he’s just doing it for lolz.

enfht
    Free Member

if its a debate with americans its “liberal” as an insult

I got this once and replied – “thanks for the compliment – over here in Europe being a liberal is seen as a good thing”.

I’ll give you this TJ, you’re full of spunk and never one to sit on your fanny and say nothing.

mikey74
    Free Member

If Trump gets a second term then Americans are even more stupid and self-centred than we ever gave them credit for. The damage this guy is doing to the environment, international relations, healthcare and science is something that could negatively affect the country, and possibly the world, for decades, and even centuries, to come.

I really don’t think the environment is worth sacrificing for a bit of short-term, economic gain, but that is what he is doing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if he keeps this up he’ll get a second term for sure!

You have made the somewhat silly assumption that the forum you are on is representative of the whole US,[/quote]
    When even some of the conservative second ammendment types were apologising for electing him last time I was over there you know his days are numbered. The others couldn’t say a good word about him just call Clinton a communist. Another said he just asks die hard Trump fans if he can grab their wife by the pussy. He ain’t the very popular unless your in a sad sad minority there.

ninfan
    Free Member

The damage this guy is doing to the environment, international relations, healthcare and science is something that could negatively affect the country, and possibly the world, for decades, and even centuries, to come.

“The sky is falling, the sky is falling”

as previously pointed out, many of us remember much the same allegations (along with the ones of stupidity, dementia and warmongering) being laid against Reagan

mikey74
    Free Member

The trouble will come if the Democrats can’t field a viable candidate to stand against him (if he gets that far). That’s the only way I can see him getting in again.

mattyfez

They made a massive cock up putting hillary forward.
    But the fact they put her forward raises a lot of questions about how the American ‘Democrats’ operate anyway.

sillyoldman

Ninfan – what, the guy with Alzheimer’s – aye?

tpbiker
    Free Member

You don’t have to be a leftie to think badly of trump. Just a decent human being.

I’m astonished he comes out with this stuff. He is either losing his marbles, too arrogant to give a shit, or genuinely doesn’t actually want the role and is making every effort to be chucked out.

leffeboy

They made a massive cock up putting hillary forward

Yep. The fact that she lost it should never be overlooked

alpin
    Free Member

R4 news right now… Wow.

10:30 if you want to go back…

Wow

aracer
    Free Member

Anne Gorsuch is the gold standard you’re comparing Scott Pruitt with? 😯 Though as far as I know she didn’t actually sue the EPA multiple times before being appointed, so it wasn’t quite so obvious what was going to happen.

ninfan
    Free Member

Ninfan – what, the guy with Alzheimer’s – aye?

Let’s put it clearly and simply: there is no truth to the notion of Ronald Reagan having Alzheimer’s during his presidency. Any piece of information that claims this is either taken out of context or is an outright lie from those who simply ignore history and know nothing about medicine.
    Ask Ed Meese, President Reagan’s closest adviser, what he thought of President Reagan’s health. There will be nothing about Alzheimer’s. Ask others who worked closely with the President. There will be nothing. Ask for doctor’s notes or physicals or anything that would’ve meticulously been kept. What is there? Nothing. That’s how much truth there is to the canard. Reagan went to the Bethesda Naval Hospital each year for extensive testing, and each year of his presidency he passed with flying colors.
    Following his presidency, he went to the Mayo Clinic for extensive annual exams starting in 1989 and was given an annual test for dementia and mental deterioration. Each year, he passed the exam without showing any signs of dementia beyond normal aging until his disease was diagnosed and revealed in 1994.

http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/09/opinions/reagan-didnt-have-alzheimers-while-in-office-opinion-heubusch-shirley/index.html

CountZero

ninfan – Member
    Now trump is lying about using the word “shithole”.
    Fake news

He said “this was not the language used”

So, for example, he might not have said “shithole countries” but said “those countries are shitholes”

I wish you lefties would apply greater vigour with your accusations of lies.
    Wow, whereabouts he placed the word ‘shithole’ in what he said is how you define whether he lied or not?
    Christ, son, you really are a very, very sad individual, that you’re that desperate to back up your love affair with Trump!
    The man is an embarrassment to his country, and to the office he holds, and should be removed from that office before doing any more damage to international relationships.

(Waits with bated breath for the lefty accusation).

GrahamS

so because the automotive industry may be fully automated in 10-15yrs are you seriously suggesting the government should do nothing in the intervening years and let jobs and investment go begging!?…..good one!

Not sure why I’m bothering but I’ll try to explain my point: I have said repeatedly in this thread, going back before Trump was elected, that his goal of bringing back manufacturing jobs to the US was/is flawed because:

A ) not many Americans actually want to live in the conditions that workers in these jobs have in other countries (e.g. living on-site in factory-owned mass accommodation and being paid minimum wage to work very long hours)

B ) those manual manufacturing jobs are short term anyway as they are absolutely prime for automation. Even in China they can’t pay people low enough to prevent automation being a cheaper alternative.

I honestly think it is like demanding more mills are built. It might win some popular opinion with former mill workers, but in the long term (i.e. beyond the length of a 2 term presidency) it just won’t help.

He has a point, I don’t see boatloads of doctors, IT experts or engineers flooding to the west….

Where exactly are you looking? My wife is a hospital Consultant and over half her colleagues are from other countries including “shitholes”.
    I’m a software engineer and I work with some excellent engineers from non-Western countries.

aracer
    Free Member

I presume as he mentioned pictures he’s referring to pictures of a load of scruffy oiks published in some renowned impartial publication like Breitbart to show people what immigrants look like. Clearly none of those people look anything like a doctor, IT expert or an engineer – unlike the existing population of the US where almost everybody you meet falls into one of those categories.

dudeofdoom

Stormy times ahead 🙂

maxtorque

GrahamS

Where exactly are you looking? My wife is a hospital Consultant and over half her colleagues are from other countries including “shitholes”.

I’m a software engineer and I work with some excellent engineers from non-Western countries.

I’d second this ^^ I’m an automotive consultant, i work for all the major OEMs and i’d hazard a guess that of the new engineers employed in the (booming) UK automotive industry over the last two years, around 25% are from the UK, and 75% from abroad. One engineer, who is one of the best young engineers i’ve have the pleasure of working with, is from Brazil. A country that i suspect Trump would also call a Sh*thole. You’d have to be a complete Moron to write off entire countries because of something you read (ok, some pictures your saw, i don’t think DT can read) in Time magazine……

I also think that people suggesting Trump is ok to say those things because they are “anti PC” are also pretty stupid. Being “anti PC” is not an excuse for acting like a C**T! Being “anti PC” is not an excuse for a lack of basic decency and morality. Being “anti PC” is not a good enough reason to create un-necessary tension, hatred and bigotry in our society!

tomhoward

Stormy times ahead

Fake news, apparently…

Mike Tokes

@MikeTokes
    The liberal media is once again willingly LYING to the American public.

They claim Trumps Lawyer apparently arranged a $130,000 payment for an adult-film star’s silence. The problem? Trumps lawyer denies it. Trump denies it. AND STORMY DANIELS HERSELF DENIES IT!

This is fraud!

ninfan
    Free Member

s from Brazil. A country that i suspect Trump would also call a Sh*thole

So now we’re beyond being offended by what someone claims he said, and we’ve crossed over into you being offended by something he didn’t say but you suspect he might think? 😯

Reminds me of:

Edit:

i don’t think DT can read

You see, this is how utterly delusional and hysterical the opposition to Trump has become, you are actually sitting there hypothesising that he can’t read, and dumb enough to write it down… and you expect not to be laughed at?

If unemployment keeps going down, wage growth goes up, the stock market keeps going and the tax cuts are beneficial to a lot of people, he might well get that 2nd term.
    Because they are the sort of important things people really care about. Not the fact some delusional crackpots and professionally outraged whiners are outraged (again)

The fact that it would make a few people on this thread cry if he did manage to stay in is just a bonus 😀

dudeofdoom

^^^ May well be tbh.

He does seem to be strangely Teflon ATM thou can’t believe he’s managed a year in office.

maxtorque

Seems Trump is not the only one who can’t read!

And by ‘Read’ i don’t mean the physical act of scanning the written word of the page into your brain, i mean the act of being able to understand, and process those words and form a valid consensus on their intended meaning. A child of 5 could read what i wrote and understand where i was being literal, and where i was being jocular.

rmacattack
    Free Member

The mans not wrong though is he. Who on here would visit a shithole?

pondo

You see, this is how utterly delusional and hysterical the opposition to Trump has become, you are actually sitting there hypothesising that he can’t read, and dumb enough to write it down… and you expect not to be laughed at?

It’s not for me to speak on someone else’s behalf but you’d have to be an idiot or a troll to respond as though the “Trump can’t read” post was literal.

convert

you’d have to be an idiot

That’s one word. There are others…but I’d get banned.

Viewing 40 posts - 12,361 through 12,400 (of 23,087 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.