Viewing 40 posts - 12,121 through 12,160 (of 22,966 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • kimbers

I’ve noticed the law suits are coming out.

Manafort suing Meuller, Trumps lawyers threatening Bannon.

When it comes crashing down the legal recriminations will be endless

martinhutch

Trump’s standard MO is to threaten to sue everyone and everything when things aren’t going his way.

dudeofdoom

I reckon the funny thing is Trumps worried about the “collusion” and not the decades of er money laundering he’s allegedly been doing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

Trump always threatens litigation but rarely follows through with it

It is going to end just as we all predicted the only question is how much damage he does to the GOP and the US [ esp their international reputation/position] in the process

Klunk
    Free Member

Trump administration suspends nearly all security assistance to Pakistan, claiming it has failed to act against extremists

maxtorque

A brilliant plan!

I mean, what’s better than a foreign nation who tries to prevent Terrorism but fails? Yup, it’s a foreign nation who is so pissed off with the USA they say “F you” and actively start supporting that Terrorism. Should work out nicely eh………

pk13

it’s almost way past going down the rabbit hole with trump now the US is going to be hurt on the world stage for some time. even Lil Kim has side stepped the US and ran rings around the “great deal maker” I wonder if Kim knows about money laundering with Russia.
    after all Kim has been spying on a major scale.

GrahamS
    Klunk
    Free Member

horse and bolted comes to mind 😀 most of the juicy stuff seems to be in the public domain already or is there something more salacious to revealed ?

leffeboy

Looks like the publishers don’t take the legal threat very seriously either

Tell-all book on Trump to be released early despite White House legal effort:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/04/trump-lawyers-book-steve-bannon-white-house

kimbers

Im liking this juicy tidbit about the firing of Keith schiller

“reasons darkly whispered about in the West Wing”

That’d be trump’s long term friend & body guard who’s already testified about Trump being offered prostitutes on that Russia trip

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/11/09/politics/keith-schiller-russian-offer-women-2013-moscow/index.html

Edit apparently Louise Mensch has some info on this, which will definitely, not be made up 😉

Yes, they did. @KeithSchiller has run multiple spy operations, is linked to Russia (was with Trump in Miss Universe Moscow) and @DanScavino’s coordination of Russian hacking. I’ll have more later today

enfht
    Free Member

CNN and Guardian as sources. 😆 Couldn’t make it up, oh hang on.

GrahamS

So you’re saying it is fake news and the book isn’t going to be released???

Or are you claiming Trump’s lawyer didn’t send cease and desist letters??

For the record Trump tweeted this today:

I authorized Zero access to White House (actually turned him down many times) for author of phony book! I never spoke to him for book. Full of lies, misrepresentations and sources that don’t exist. Look at this guy’s past and watch what happens to him and Sloppy Steve!
    3:52 AM – Jan 5, 2018

kimbers

enfht- heres something for even the alt-righters to believe

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/03/donald-trump-furious-steve-bannon-not-only-lost-his-job-he-lost-his-mind/

its great to see the rightwing angry old men turning on each other!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Possible dumb question, but you guys seem more on top of this one than I have been; this guy Wolff, how did he get such unfettered access to the Trumpian WH? Or are they [Trump’s team] saying that he in fact had no such access and is making it all up?

km79
    Free Member

I don’t think it even matters these days. Just say what you like and then call anyone questioning it a liar. Seems to be working fine for everyone.

whitestone
    Free Member

@deadlydarcyTrump invited him in to the White House (usual Wikipedia caveats apply)

So they asked him to record what went on and didn’t like it when he reported what he recorded.

kimbers

this guy Wolff, how did he get such unfettered access to the Trumpian WH

Apprently he had press access, so was allowed in, WH was so chaotic in the first few months, because Trump never said he didnt want him there, no one wanted to risk pissing off Trump & asking him to leave.

The people hes interviewed are not career politicians, just the crazies Trump surrounded himself with!

martinhutch

this guy Wolff, how did he get such unfettered access to the Trumpian WH? Or are they [Trump’s team] saying that he in fact had no such access and is making it all up?

He was undoubtedly a regular presence in the West Wing during the early days of the presidency. The Chances of anyone walking around chatting to folk in that particular location without full clearance or permission from someone – zero, even in an administration as chaotic and incompetent as Trump’s.

Obviously Trump is such a regular and habitual liar that when he says he’s never heard of someone/never gave clearance/can’t remember anything about them you assume that he knew full well who this guy was, as did all the members of his top team who chatted to him repeatedly and with quite some candour, it seems.

To put it in context, Trump has now said Bannon had no significant role in his campaign. Which is obviously untrue. He downgrades the importance of any of his minions who get caught doing naughty stuff or say nasty things about the Donald.

The bloke says he has tapes of many of the conversations, which would settle things one way or another.

Bannon has not denied saying any of the stuff that Wolff reported.

lunge

Possible dumb question, but you guys seem more on top of this one than I have been; this guy Wolff, how did he get such unfettered access to the Trumpian WH? Or are they [Trump’s team] saying that he in fact had no such access and is making it all up?

Naivety on behalf of the Trump team from what I understand. Experienced political campaigners know to restrict access and therefore control what comes out, Trump’s team were much more open to begin with.

franksinatra

Who on here is going to buy the book?

martinhutch

I think we’ve read all the good bits, TBH. And it’s not like reports of open warfare and backstabbing in the West Wing come as a terrible surprise.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah right, I see through twitter how it happened. Janice Min from/of the Hollywood Reporter has a good thread on it:

😆

ransos
    Free Member

its great to see the rightwing angry old men turning on each other!

It keeps them busy, so they have less time to spend screwing up everything else. Win/ win.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

So what do we think will last longer – this thread or Trump’s presidency? hmmm, tricky.

maxtorque

So a year in, and Trump’s Presidency has descended (if that were possible!) into a complete farce. No wonder he doesn’t have time to actually run the country or to instruct his team how to run the country, he’s too busy trying to protect his ego, and his team are almost certainly just are running round in circles from crisis to crisis, panic to panic.

As a result of ignoring common decency and morality, no one (on any side) now knows what is true and what isn’t, they can’t remember who said what, too whom or even why, they just lurch around the playground shouting insults.

The White House is now just about Donald Trump and his Ego, rather than about actually governing a country, and the USA has become a laughing stock by the rest of the world. IMO, DT’s “Legacy” a legacy of incompetence and insult will take a long time to recover, even if he’s removed from the Office tomorrow…….

whitestone
    Free Member

So the White House is now going to ban personal recording devices citing “security concerns”. Hmm. Sounds like Mr. Wolff has something to back up his claims.

pk13

don’t worry he has taken the credit for north and south Korea opening talks.
    he is the man

maxtorque

Summary excerpts from the book “Fire and Fury” here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/michael-wolff-my-insane-year-inside-trumps-white-house-1071504

As you might expect, it just paints a picture of incompetence, disarray and confusion from a White House full of people more concerned about themselves than anyone, or anything else……

tomhoward

I expect Zulu’s book, portraying him as the saviour of the universe, will be released shortly…

ninfan
    Free Member

As you might expect, it just paints a picture of incompetence, disarray and confusion from a White House full of people more concerned about themselves than anyone, or anything else……

Just wait until you hear about what he did with a pigs head while he was at college…

frankconway

@franksinatra – i will buy the book on either 9/10th when it becomes generally available in uk.

mattyfez

His family name means ‘flatulent’.

That kinda says it all, really.

GrahamS

Where do you sit on this ninfan?

Has Bannon “lost his mind”?

Junkyard
    Free Member

everyone does when they lose the dons love,everyone.

ninfan
    Free Member

Where do you sit on this ninfan?

Has Bannon “lost his mind”?

He does seem pretty bitter about things doesn’t he? I think he viewed himself as a kingmaker from the start, and still doesn’t understand why he got kicked out.

From Trumps point of view/position, casting Bannon aside (given his actions) was inevitable, a break between “how to get elected” and “how to rule” requiring entirely different peo0le/skill sets around him. It may appear ruthless, but that’s politics.

On the book, as I posted above, much of it appears to be in the realm of salacious gossip and unconfirmed rumour. You have to wonder how come those who shout and scream most about Trump making “unproven allegations” eg. electoral fraud, are so keen to unquestioningly accept unproven and increasingly ridiculous allegations against Trump (how many accepted the Gorilla channel story last night on face value) hence my comment about pigs heads earlier – it may all make angry left-leaning never Trumpers cheer for five minutes, but makes no difference in the real world, where jobs and a positive economic outlook are what matter.

One of the biggest ironies is that the opposition will essentially swallow any story as long as it’s negative about Trump, so we are now in the ridiculous situation where we are supposed to believe that Trump never actually wanted to win but he colluded with Russia in order to win (why bother if you don’t want to win?) on top of which they tell us he’s insanely Machiavellian, but didn’t want or expect to win, which is about the least Machiavellian thing that anyone running for president could believe.

It just doesn’t add up, it’s completely contradictory.

We’ve been hearing that it’s all about to collapse around Trumps ears for two years now, yet still every time he’s written off, he comes back. Look at the polls they’ll say… but then if the polls were right, Hillary was going to storm home with the strongest, most stable leadership this side of what Theresa May was expected to win with.

dissonance

You have to wonder how come those who shout and scream most about Trump making “unproven allegations”

Well I am sure he will go to court over it and win. As opposed to just using his normal legal threats and then duck away if someone picks up the glove.

where jobs and a positive economic outlook are what matter.

Dont forget no fatal commercial aircraft crashes which muppet boy is also claiming credit for.

It just doesn’t add up, it’s completely contradictory.

It really isnt.

thegreatape
    Free Member

We’ve been hearing that it’s all about to collapse around Trumps ears for two years now

I’ll concede we were wrong about this. It’s between them instead.

mattyfez

If you take a helicopter view, American politics is even more absurd than UK politics, although we are close to taking the primary position of the most mentally messed up developed country.

Viewing 40 posts - 12,121 through 12,160 (of 22,966 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.