• This topic has 23,110 replies, 784 voices, and was last updated 2 hours ago by reeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 23,111 total)
  • Donald! Trump!
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Has anybody else noticed that Donald Trump has a comically shit hairstyle? You’d have thought there’d have been some reference to it along the way.

Let’s not make this bigger than it really is and don’t forget someone might have had their car slightly damaged in all this furore.
    Perspective people!

GrahamS

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PABOf09aes[/video]

akira

Think I asked for someone to list something positive about Trump about two weeks ago, still waiting……

mt
    Free Member

Something positive about Trump? Easy, I’m positive I don’t want him to be the President.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

something positive about Trump

based on the gif posted by captain sasquatch, trump does a pretty good impression of Toad of Toad Hall. As does nigel farage, funnily enough

Northwind

akira – Member

Think I asked for someone to list something positive about Trump about two weeks ago, still waiting……

Bill Maher has one- it’s finally made it impossible for the christian right to pretend they’re not total hypocrites. Generations of haughty moral supremacy completely gone in a few short months. I don’t think that’s quite what you were after mind.

BoardinBob

I’m predicting Trump wins. The world is just that crazy at the moment.

And he’ll lead us all into WW3 🙁

akira

I suppose he’s also made every past president look infinitely better,not sure that’s a positive though.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Hillary’s got a clear lead in the last polls. 350 seats with 270 required. Trump with an 8pc chance of victory according to CNN.

BoardinBob

And the polls are never wrong!

outofbreath
    Free Member

“And the polls are never wrong!”

I’ll tell you if this poll is correct on Wednesday.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Re polls, a wise man once said, “fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool me—you can’t get fooled again.”. I’d like to think Americans can’t be that stupid but I’m not holding my breath anymore.

aracer
    Free Member

Well I’m going to hang onto the polls being highly predictable in the way they’ve shifted following various information being released, and it seems unlikely anything else is going to swing them with less than 24hrs to go.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Surely anyone with an ounce of common sense will have given up on Trump after his latest response to the FBI email investigation. Surely the guy has zero credibility, except with a few true (gun toting 😯 ) idiots.
    Even his most ardent supporters have to be able to see through the bullcrap.
    They must.
    They have to, please? 😐

slowoldman

Well maybe yes. But they still won’t vote for Hillary will they?

atlaz
    Free Member

There are still people undecided. Tells you a lot.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Well maybe yes. But they still won’t vote for Hillary will they?

They don’t have to if they don’t turn up or spoil the ballot paper. They don’t have to vote for either.
    Make it a whole non-event.

tomhoward

edited as pic had a swear in it

richc
    Free Member

They don’t have to if they don’t turn up or spoil the ballot paper. They don’t have to vote for either.
    Make it a whole non-event.

Which essentially translates as “I’m happy to go with the majority” which might not be what you want.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Which essentially translates as “I’m happy to go with the majority” which might not be what you want.

Still has to be better than voting for Trump because he’s not Clinton.

chris85
    Free Member

BoardinBob – Member
    I’m predicting Trump wins. The world is just that crazy at the moment.
    And he’ll lead us all into WW3

Surely you mean that to be the other way around? She’s the one threatening war with Russia

jambalaya
    Free Member

A quite extra-ordinary election. I remember standing outside the Rockerfeller centre in NY as Obama won in 2008, a timenfull of hope and look where we have ended up 🙁

I really don’t know how the result will go.

kimbers

Surely you mean that to be the other way around? She’s the one threatening war with Russia

And hes the one saying America wont back NATO allies if Russia invades them

I know which outcome Putin would prefer

mudshark
    Free Member

And the polls are never wrong!

Well 8% chance doesn’t mean no chance however the polls are far clearer on the likely result than, say, for Brexit. Trouble is the people do have to make it to the ballot box.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Brexit was a different style of vote though; just a simple majority wins.

US is by ‘electoral college votes’, so a Clinton win is a more robust prediction.

Still doesn’t explain why 60 million Americans think Trump is an electable figure. Pure stupidity.

kimbers
    chewkw
    Free Member

If Clinton is in then Merica can say goodbye to S.E. Asia & Asia …

Last Merican ground in Asia will probably be Singapore.

ninfan
    Free Member

And hes the one saying America wont back NATO allies if Russia invades them

I know which outcome Putin would prefer

No he isn’t

What’s Trump’s Position on NATO?

And he’s hardly on his own in criticism of NATO members that are not contributing the agreed 2%

jambalaya
    Free Member

NATO. Actually Trump get’s my support in his stance, either you spend 2% on defence as you are supposed to or maybe the US won’t bail you out.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Glad you can take one liners out of his “policy” statement. Lets review his current statements, Some Iranians made some rude gestures and taunted a US Naval ship should have shot them he said.
    World would be better if more countries had nukes he said
    Would continue to piss off Iran rather than trying to work together
    Reading the Fact Check summary his words are the same on lots of things tremendous amount of money, lots of money, costing us, paying for etc. (remember 350 million is a lot of money people)
    He was pulled up on his understanding of NATO budgets with regard to Terrorism spending showing his actual ignorance.
    I think it’s becoming clearer that Putin would prefer a trump president taking a hands off isolationist approach to things, letting Russia get stuck in where it wants to. Not to sound like a conspiracy nut but the Trump/Russian Bank data traffic (very likely it was 2 way communication) doesn’t sit that well does it.
    But time for the one poll that matters, my American friends facebook feeds are pushing the don’t be complacent line at the moment, if you don’t want to wake up to a Trump President make sure you vote Clinton. It’s not the lesser of 2 evils it’s the sane choice!
    Donald Trump is a racist, sexist, isolationist, self centred, hot headed narcacist who will in reality only ever act in his own self interest.

ninfan
    Free Member

Donald Trump is a racist, sexist, isolationist, self centred, hot headed narcacist who will in reality only ever act in his own self interest.

Pretty much the same tired left wing rhetoric that we heard about Reagan and every right wing president since – ever heard of the boy who cried wolf?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can you say which ones he isn’t Ninfan?

ninfan
    Free Member

Never met the bloke, and I’ve learned enough in life to understand that a persons public and media persona often isn’t representative of their true character- just look at Jimmy Savile…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol 🙂
    Certainly true Saville did seem to do his best to hide things.
    I’ve learned that if you outwardly show and demonstrate that you are

racist, sexist, isolationist, self centred, hot headed narcacist who will in reality only ever act in his own self interest.

Chances are in private you don’t run a sanctuary for lost kittens and do the gardening for your grandma for free.

But feel free to blanketly defend him.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@mike Channel 4 news tonight (avail on YouTube) had a piece on Russia, the real issue for them is that Clinton has been very agressive in her langauge towards Russia so its more that they are anti-Clinton than pro-Trump.

ninfan
    Free Member

Chances are in private you don’t run a sanctuary for lost kittens and do the gardening for your grandma for free.

yeah, but on the other side he’s hardly up against the Virgin Mary is he?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

few pages back
    http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/cover_story/2016/10/was_a_server_registered_to_the_trump_organization_communicating_with_russia.html?utm_content=inf_10_2641_2&wpsrc=socialedge&tse_id=INF_3a2cc8909fd611e6bd3ee3ca348530db
    Why is a prominent Pro Putin bank who are basically the Russian overseas development fund communicating with the Trump organisation?

Our very own FS has some strong views on Russia
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/10/12/boris-johnson-accused-of-stoking-russophobic-hysteria-over-syria/

Going soft on Russia over Ukrane, Syria and the Malysian Airways plane isn’t going to play well overseas with the US’s actual allys.

ctk
    Free Member

Wouldn’t the US and Russia being more friendly be a good thing?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah, but on the other side he’s hardly up against the Virgin Mary is he?

oh bless, you really are crawling right up there aren’t you.

ninfan
    Free Member

Wouldn’t the US and Russia being more friendly be a good thing?

That’s the way I see it too – We spent Decades Facing off against Russia, we won the Cold War (Thanks Maggie and Ronnie) Russia are quite simply no longer the existential and expansionist threat to western democracy that they were. Short of some minor territorial disputes with people trying to poke a stick at a sleeping bear and drag us into it, its Time to move on.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,081 through 1,120 (of 23,111 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.